[Q] Am I soft bricked? Totally stumped here! Help?! :(

OP mickeyflip

19th March 2014, 01:16 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 247

424 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyflip

Thanks - I've installed all the drivers and it recognises the phone in both bootloader and normal running mode (for as long as it stayed booted up!).

Tried manually flashing, WugFresh toolkit and Skipsoft Toolkit.

Yes, there is an OS installed - Cyanogen 10.2.0 but it bootloops. It was running fine since having been flashed on there weeks ago, up until yesterday morning.

Do you have twrp recovery? If not flash it from the bootloader. You can use adb push from recovery. Push another rom and flash it see if that helps.

---------- Post added at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR3W5K1

Do you have twrp recovery? If not flash it from the bootloader. You can use adb push from recovery. Push another rom and flash it see if that helps.

If it still bootloops your internal storage is most likely dead. The only other thing I can suggest is to repartition the internal storage. This thread may be of some assistance with that... http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f634...tions-1619226/

---------- Post added at 08:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 AM ----------

Quote:

---------- Post added at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

If it still bootloops your internal storage is most likely dead. The only other thing I can suggest is to repartition the internal storage. This thread may be of some assistance with that... http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f634...tions-1619226/

One last thing make sure to do a factory reset or data wipe in recovery before flashing the new ROM.
The Following User Says Thank You to DR3W5K1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th March 2014, 04:42 PM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Flag Sunshine Coast, QLD
Thanks Meter: 3

21 posts
More
I've tried all of your suggestions, thank you! But none of them have had any effect despite LOOKING like they've worked while I'm actually doing it. It just boots the same old bootlooping OS nonsense. It's just not writing anything - I can't affect it either negatively or positively. So stubborn! Done the data wipes, cache wipes etc. Says it wipes but actually does nothing because it's all still there when I reboot.

I don't have TWRP, no... I do have CWM recovery though. Flashed a few different roms through that just for science, as well as factory resetting, and as I have already stated, it doesn't work. Seems like it works, goes through the whole process... but when I boot up afterwards it's as if nothing was changed and bootloops all over again with the same old OS.

The only thing I haven't tried is repartioning. I've already ordered a new phone now but I'd still like to get this one going again if I can. Going to look into the repartitioning in the morning.

Thank you!
Last edited by mickeyflip; 19th March 2014 at 04:44 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mickeyflip For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th March 2014, 06:21 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 247

424 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyflip

I've tried all of your suggestions, thank you! But none of them have had any effect despite LOOKING like they've worked while I'm actually doing it. It just boots the same old bootlooping OS nonsense. It's just not writing anything - I can't affect it either negatively or positively. So stubborn! Done the data wipes, cache wipes etc. Says it wipes but actually does nothing because it's all still there when I reboot.

I don't have TWRP, no... I do have CWM recovery though. Flashed a few different roms through that just for science, as well as factory resetting, and as I have already stated, it doesn't work. Seems like it works, goes through the whole process... but when I boot up afterwards it's as if nothing was changed and bootloops all over again with the same old OS.

The only thing I haven't tried is repartioning. I've already ordered a new phone now but I'd still like to get this one going again if I can. Going to look into the repartitioning in the morning.

Thank you!

I hope your able to fix it! Seems like I have seen allot of threads with this problem lately. I guess even though flash memory is less prone to failure than a mechanical drive it still happens.
Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to DR3W5K1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th March 2014, 01:44 AM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member
Flag Sunshine Coast, QLD
Thanks Meter: 3

21 posts
More
Quote:

I hope your able to fix it! Seems like I have seen allot of threads with this problem lately. I guess even though flash memory is less prone to failure than a mechanical drive it still happens.
Good luck!

Aaaahhhh damn it. Still no good. It's nothing but a liar I tell you! I guess I'll have to resign myself to the fact that this thing is toast.

I just followed this as a last ditch attempt and that actually failed rather than everything else lying about its success. Not sure if it means anything to anyone, but it sure doesn't to me. (Didn't change anything, it still boots the old bootlooper... lol )

Quote:

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> odin.takju.4.3.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/008> Added!!
<ID:0/008> Removed!!
<ID:0/008> Added!!
<ID:0/008> Odin v.3 engine (ID:8)..
<ID:0/008> File analysis..
<ID:0/008> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/008> Initialzation..
<ID:0/008> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/008> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/008> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/008> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/008> boot.img
<ID:0/008> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/008> bootloader.img
<ID:0/008> radio.img
<ID:0/008> recovery.img
<ID:0/008> system.img
<ID:0/008> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bootloop, cyanogen 10.2, emmc, soft brick
Previous Thread Next Thread