[solved] CWM: Can't install .zip from /sdcard ("Couldn't open directory")

OP Elmo108

16th February 2014, 01:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18

137 posts
Hey everyone,

I completely wiped my phone (did a format of data, system etc. on CWM, wiped dalvik/cache etc.). Now I'm stuck with CWM and want to install a rom. I tried to put the .zip on the phone via "adb push /data/media". However, after doing that when I select "choose zip from /sdcard" it says "Couldn't open directory. No files found.".

If I open the shell via adb, I can find the /data/media folder as well as /sdcard, however, I can't cd into it. But I can see (by the folder-size) that the folder contains the .zip.

Any ideas? Is there maybe another way of installing a rom via CWM than through a zip on /sdcard?

Thanks!

*edit:
adb sideload isn't working either
Last edited by Elmo108; 16th February 2014 at 04:01 PM.
16th February 2014, 02:16 PM   |  #2  
Flag Beijing
Thanks Meter: 888

2,157 posts
More
Go to "install zip via sideload" in CWM (if it's not there, update your CMW first!), connect to PC, and run "adb sideload *PATH-TO-ROM-ON-YOUR-PC*". If your storage is not corrupted then it should load a ROM to your storage AND immediately flash it.

Sent from Google Nexus 4 @ CM11
16th February 2014, 02:32 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

137 posts
I tried it through sideload.
After the transfer finished it doesn't install the .zip automatically. However, when I go back in CWM it starts installing but fails with "E: Can't open /tmp/update.zip (bad)"
16th February 2014, 04:00 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

137 posts
I solved the problem by flashing TWRP recovery and doing a full data wipe (not just the normal one).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread