Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,807 Members 43,551 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q][SOLVED] No Touch Sounds or Keyboard Sounds

Tip us?
 
copkay
Old
(Last edited by copkay; 4th January 2012 at 09:09 PM.)
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 439
Posts: 354
Join Date: Jul 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Default [Q][SOLVED] No Touch Sounds or Keyboard Sounds

Has anyone else experienced issues with system sounds not playing? My Nexus does not play any touch sounds or keyboard sounds, when both of those options are definitely checked. I've rebooted, factory restored, tried a new ROM, and I get no sounds.

I do have the famed "clicking" sound (of the speaker engaging and disengaging) as though it's attempting to play, if I listen closely.

Using the Verizon Galaxy Nexus with both stock 4.0.2 and an AOSP build of 4.0.3.

EDIT: Using Volume Control + to edit the System Volume from 2 to 7 fixed the problem.
 
El Daddy
Old
#2  
El Daddy's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3686
Posts: 3,502
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Roseville, MN
Go to settings settings > sound > volume. Make sure your music, video, games, and other media slider isn't muted.
 
Budgifvars
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Oct 2007
Same problem here. I thought that maybe it was a 4.0.1 issue... wonder if it is hw related?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
 
mutelight
Old
#4  
mutelight's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 55
Posts: 394
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: SF Bay Area
Have you tried connecting headphones to see if you hear anything? Maybe something got the sensor in the jack stuck?
LG G3: Stock
Galaxy Gear Live: Stock Android Wear
Nvidia Shield: Stock
Asus Transformer Prime 32GB: Stock
iPad Air 64GB LTE: iOS 7
Toys
Retired: iPhone 1-5, Galaxy S II, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S III, Galaxy Note II, HTC One, Galaxy S IV, iPhone 5s, Note 3
 
copkay
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 439
Posts: 354
Join Date: Jul 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Daddy View Post
Go to settings settings > sound > volume. Make sure your music, video, games, and other media slider isn't muted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budgifvars View Post
Same problem here. I thought that maybe it was a 4.0.1 issue... wonder if it is hw related?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutelight View Post
Have you tried connecting headphones to see if you hear anything? Maybe something got the sensor in the jack stuck?
Thanks for all the quick replies! I just had a brainstorm after posting and figured out what the problem is. I don't have an answer for HOW it happened, but there seems to be a System Volume that is NOT user-modifiable. I just downloaded Volume Control +, and changed the System Volume from 2 to 6. I can definitely hear it now!
The Following User Says Thank You to copkay For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mutelight
Old
#6  
mutelight's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 55
Posts: 394
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: SF Bay Area
Strange! Well at least you got it working!
LG G3: Stock
Galaxy Gear Live: Stock Android Wear
Nvidia Shield: Stock
Asus Transformer Prime 32GB: Stock
iPad Air 64GB LTE: iOS 7
Toys
Retired: iPhone 1-5, Galaxy S II, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S III, Galaxy Note II, HTC One, Galaxy S IV, iPhone 5s, Note 3
 
pedmond
Old
#7  
pedmond's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 76
Posts: 1,268
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bucharest
Is there any way to increase the volume of the touch sounds?
Remember the Thanks button if I've helped you...
 
copkay
Old
#8  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 439
Posts: 354
Join Date: Jul 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedmond View Post
Is there any way to increase the volume of the touch sounds?
Do you mean past volume level 7? Probably not. You could always pull the sound effects from /system/media/ui and amplify them in an audio program such as Audacity, then push them back.
The Following User Says Thank You to copkay For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
pedmond
Old
#9  
pedmond's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 76
Posts: 1,268
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bucharest
Quote:
Originally Posted by copkay View Post
Do you mean past volume level 7? Probably not. You could always pull the sound effects from /system/media/ui and amplify them in an audio program such as Audacity, then push them back.
Thank you, I though about it too, but then I decided against it because I may feel I want to go back to a lower volume and it would be a pain in the neck to move files back and forth.

The only way I could get them a little louder is by using DSP or similar.
Remember the Thanks button if I've helped you...
 
copkay
Old
#10  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 439
Posts: 354
Join Date: Jul 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedmond View Post
Thank you, I though about it too, but then I decided against it because I may feel I want to go back to a lower volume and it would be a pain in the neck to move files back and forth.

The only way I could get them a little louder is by using DSP or similar.
True, it would. Then again, to lower the volume, you could then just modify the system volume lower rather than moving the old files back.

Tags
ics, keyboard, nexus, sound, touch
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes