5,600,335 Members 35,216 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Steps to Wipe a G.Nex with Broken Screen?

Tip us?

norazi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 61
Default [Q] Steps to Wipe a G.Nex with Broken Screen?

I have a Galaxy Nexus (i9250) with a broken/shattered screen but everything else seems to be working fine as I can call it (rings) and change volume. If possible I would like to:

A. Retrieve my data on it (specifically just the photos) but I can't access it via USB since the phone is "locked" and i cant see/touch the lockscreen

B. Wipe my user data so I can sell the phone for parts

I am not too concerned about A. but B. is obviously important for privacy purposes. I figure it should be possible to do it through fastboot commands but not sure the exact steps and commands to use. Any help here?

El Daddy
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2672
Fastboot command to wipe is: fastboot erase userdata

I'm not sure how to access the SD with the phone locked.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

florelui001p
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by norazi View Post
I have a Galaxy Nexus (i9250) with a broken/shattered screen but everything else seems to be working fine as I can call it (rings) and change volume. If possible I would like to:

A. Retrieve my data on it (specifically just the photos) but I can't access it via USB since the phone is "locked" and i cant see/touch the lockscreen

B. Wipe my user data so I can sell the phone for parts

I am not too concerned about A. but B. is obviously important for privacy purposes. I figure it should be possible to do it through fastboot commands but not sure the exact steps and commands to use. Any help here?
If your rooted use the button combination to enter recovery. From there you can use adb pull to extract your pictures and any other files you need

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

norazi
Old
(Last edited by norazi; 2nd August 2012 at 07:35 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 61
okay i was able to pull my data (adb pull) and wipe userdat (fastboot erase).... now the only task left is to wipe the sdcard directory since my photos and files are still on there.... is there an adb or fastboot command for that?