MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

[Q] Stuck in Fastboot Mode?

18th November 2011, 10:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

29 posts
Hi,

I have an O2 retail Galaxy Nexus. Before I began to use the phone I thought I would root it now.
I've read through the instructions and tips but unfortunately my PC can't find the drivers...

I could still access the phone so I opened the .bat for Windows Superboot.
CMD read < Waiting for Device> so I closed the cmd after waiting.

The phone now seems to be stuck on Fastboot Mode. Holding buttons or using the screen do not do anything.
This is my first Android device.

Is there a way for me to get back to normal phone mode until I sort the drivers?
I would be tempted to remove the battery if this were any other circumstance.

Will the older threads about Fastboot being stuck also work?

Thanks in advance.
18th November 2011, 10:35 PM   |  #2  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 42

102 posts
More
I hit this myself and yanked out the battery to overcome it. Sorry if that's not what you want to hear, but I do now have a rooted device.

In response to fastboot freezing at <waiting for device> you need to install the fastboot drivers (these are not included in the root zip). Google around to find the best way to install them, I ended up installing pdanet onto my PC - as this has them included - and then removed the application after the drivers were installed.
The Following User Says Thank You to el3ctrik For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th November 2011, 10:46 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

29 posts
Thanks for the reassurance, el3ctrik. Battery pull allowed it to boot normally.

Think I'll wait til the morning before trying again... Read some more articles, and try the pdanet method.

Ta!
18th November 2011, 10:46 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 165

633 posts
More
I remember struggling with the drivers when I rooted my NS - I also ended up installing PDA net to sort out the issue.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App
21st May 2012, 12:45 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 45

565 posts
More
I'm looking at buying a GNex for next to nothing, but the seller says it's stuck in fastboot. Came across this thread after a search, is this a fixable issue?
21st May 2012, 03:30 AM   |  #6  
Senior Moderator
Flag Montreal Bow2DaCow
Thanks Meter: 8,086

9,535 posts
Donate to Me
More
You need to install two drivers. Actually, it is the same driver, it just needs to be installed twice - once when your device is booted normally, and once when it is booted in fastboot mode.

I personally would use the Universal Naked Drivers by 1wayjonny that bk201doesntexist mentioned, NOT the PDA drivers or Samsumg drivers or any other ones. 1wayjonny's drivers do not install any other software on your PC - they are just the drivers, unlike the PDA drivers.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread