Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,310 Members 45,243 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stuck trying to get back to stock?

Tip us?

Timoooo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Default Stuck trying to get back to stock?

Hi just a quick question, don't wanna mess anything up with my old gnex..
So I tried to get my 4.4. Rooted gnex back to stock, unrooted and locked bootloader. Downloaded the factory image, extracted it in the platform-tools folder, then flashed the bootloaderxxxx.img one, then the radioxxxx.img one. Then I tried to flash the image...zip but it gives me the error message you can see in the picture I uploaded.

Hope someone can help me

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1400938124757.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	2760690  

mrgnex
Old
Thanks Meter 268
Probably a bad download. You can also use the flash-all.bat

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Free mobile app
SΛMSUNG/Google Galaxy Nexus
ROM: Vanir Nightly
Kernel: A.S.K.P. Patty Remix

SΛMSUNG/Google Nexus 10
ROM: Vanir Nightly
Kernel: Stock Vanir
The Following User Says Thank You to mrgnex For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ashclepdia
Old
Thanks Meter 1521

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timoooo View Post
Hi just a quick question, don't wanna mess anything up with my old gnex..
So I tried to get my 4.4. Rooted gnex back to stock, unrooted and locked bootloader. Downloaded the factory image, extracted it in the platform-tools folder, then flashed the bootloaderxxxx.img one, then the radioxxxx.img one. Then I tried to flash the image...zip but it gives me the error message you can see in the picture I uploaded.

Hope someone can help me

dont use fastboot update command
use the fastboot flash command for img files

and as stated above, just extract the archive, open terminal in that directory(open the folder created after "extract all" hold shift, right click in folder and choose open command prompt) then just run the flash all
I believe the fastboot update command is for installing update zip packages through fastboot and wont work for img file because it is looking for the signature in a zip file.
fastboot flash /system system.imgname should work (check to make sure though, I can't remember exactly if you need to put /system or just system...if you wanted to do one by one manually)

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

yea I can see now that for sure the update command from fastboot the error says "archive does not..." and img file is not archive, zips are. use flash command in place of update

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

whoops....okay, I see That it IS in a zip, but I've never run it that way sorry, always unpacked it all to one spot and used flash command or flash-all script inside
Off topic gone??? Mods got you down??? Visit motcher41's
Google+ Droid Friends & General Help Community
Anyone and virtually anything welcome there!
My GALAXY NEXUS(huzzah!) is running

Don't get left in the dark!
The Following User Says Thank You to ashclepdia For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Timoooo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
How do I flash the 'flash-all.bat' file? When I type in fastboot flash(or update, doesn't matter) flash-all.bat it says: error: cannot determine image filename for 'flash-all.bat'

thanks

cardula
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default No need to type fastboot

Quote:
How do I flash the 'flash-all.bat' file? When I type in fastboot flash(or update, doesn't matter) flash-all.bat it says: error: cannot determine image filename for 'flash-all.bat'

thanks
No need to type fastboot before flash-all.bat, simply type flash-all.bat at the command prompt and the script will run and flash all the files for you. I just did it with my GNex a couple days ago and it worked like a charm
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cardula For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Timoooo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Damn that was way too easy, working like a charm. Thanks man!

ashclepdia
Old
Thanks Meter 1521

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardula View Post
No need to type fastboot before flash-all.bat, simply type flash-all.bat at the command prompt and the script will run and flash all the files for you. I just did it with my GNex a couple days ago and it worked like a charm
thanks, couldn't get tapatalk to load xda up for me last night and didn't feel like using browser lol

Quote:
Damn that was way too easy, working like a charm. Thanks man!

good stuff
if you ever need to manually flash just a single partition(for me it's usually the boot.img kernel or recovery.img) that's when you would use the fastboot flash command. if just looking to return fully to stock, the included flash-all scripts make it so easy!
Off topic gone??? Mods got you down??? Visit motcher41's
Google+ Droid Friends & General Help Community
Anyone and virtually anything welcome there!
My GALAXY NEXUS(huzzah!) is running

Don't get left in the dark!

cardula
Old
Thanks Meter 4
You're welcome!

Had my GNex for over 2 years (first Android device) before I mustered up the courage to unlock the bootloader and make the leap from yakjuuux 4.2.1 to yakju 4.3 (build JWRR6Y). I flashed official TWRP 2.7.0.0 and rooted with SuperSU 1.94. Been running it now for over half a week and it's been rock solid. My GNex is my only phone as well so that's another reason why I've been nervous about flashing/rooting.

Funny thing is, my boss called me while I was flashing the stock image so it got me out of dealing with work stuff on my day off

The Following User Says Thank You to cardula For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]