XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Swiftkey as default keyboard

Tip us?

kaushikd
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43
Default [Q] Swiftkey as default keyboard

Few days ago I bought the Swiftkey keyboard and even after selecting it as default keyboard, it keeps reverting to stock keyboard after sometime without even booting. Is there a solution for this?

AndyYan
Old
Thanks Meter 784
You might want to try removing the stock keyboard using TiBu/RootExplorer/etc. and leave SwiftKey as the only keyboard present.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Nexus @ CM11

Current devices:
Google Nexus 4 (CM11 Nightly)
Google Nexus 7 (2013, WiFi) (CM11 Nightly)
Motorola Droid RAZR M (CM11 Nightly)
Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE (CM11 Nightly)
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (CM11 Nightly)
HTC Incredible S (CM11 Unofficial)
Nokia E7-00 (Symbian Anna 025.007 Cracked)
The Following User Says Thank You to AndyYan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Amtip
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyYan View Post
You might want to try removing the stock keyboard using TiBu/RootExplorer/etc. and leave SwiftKey as the only keyboard present.

Similar to this, you could also go into the Apps in the settings, and find and disable the stock keyboard. I've been using SwiftKey for around 4 years, I've faced this issue multiple times.
The Following User Says Thank You to Amtip For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cnoevl21
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Just started doing this for me a month or so ago. I went in to titanium and froze Android keyboard, just like what the other guy did and it worked fine. Not a fan of removing completely so freezing is the way to go imo.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to cnoevl21 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kaushikd
Old
(Last edited by kaushikd; 22nd December 2013 at 05:40 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyYan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amtip View Post
Similar to this, you could also go into the Apps in the settings, and find and disable the stock keyboard. I've been using SwiftKey for around 4 years, I've faced this issue multiple times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnoevl21 View Post
Just started doing this for me a month or so ago. I went in to titanium and froze Android keyboard, just like what the other guy did and it worked fine. Not a fan of removing completely so freezing is the way to go imo.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
Yes, I tried all the other possible ways. Freezing is the only option it seems. And now finally I'm on Swiftkey!

Amtip
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Great! Enjoy it, it's a fantastic keyboard, be warned though, it gets better and worse as they release updates.

kaushikd
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amtip View Post
Great! Enjoy it, it's a fantastic keyboard, be warned though, it gets better and worse as they release updates.
Thanks. I'm loving it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus