5,595,428 Members 47,930 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Swiftkey as default keyboard

Tip us?
 
kaushikd
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43
Posts: 346
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bangalore
Default [Q] Swiftkey as default keyboard

Few days ago I bought the Swiftkey keyboard and even after selecting it as default keyboard, it keeps reverting to stock keyboard after sometime without even booting. Is there a solution for this?
 
AndyYan
Old
#2  
AndyYan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 784
Posts: 1,842
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Beijing
You might want to try removing the stock keyboard using TiBu/RootExplorer/etc. and leave SwiftKey as the only keyboard present.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Nexus @ CM11


Current devices:
Google Nexus 4 (CM11 Nightly)
Google Nexus 7 (2013, WiFi) (CM11 Nightly)
Motorola Droid RAZR M (CM11 Nightly)
Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE (CM11 Nightly)
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (CM11 Nightly)
HTC Incredible S (CM11 Unofficial)
Nokia E7-00 (Symbian Anna 025.007 Cracked)
The Following User Says Thank You to AndyYan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Amtip
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 11
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Marquette, MI
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyYan View Post
You might want to try removing the stock keyboard using TiBu/RootExplorer/etc. and leave SwiftKey as the only keyboard present.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Nexus @ CM11
Similar to this, you could also go into the Apps in the settings, and find and disable the stock keyboard. I've been using SwiftKey for around 4 years, I've faced this issue multiple times.
The Following User Says Thank You to Amtip For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
cnoevl21
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 386
Join Date: Feb 2010
Just started doing this for me a month or so ago. I went in to titanium and froze Android keyboard, just like what the other guy did and it worked fine. Not a fan of removing completely so freezing is the way to go imo.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to cnoevl21 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
kaushikd
Old
(Last edited by kaushikd; 22nd December 2013 at 05:40 PM.)
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43
Posts: 346
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bangalore
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyYan View Post
You might want to try removing the stock keyboard using TiBu/RootExplorer/etc. and leave SwiftKey as the only keyboard present.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Nexus @ CM11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amtip View Post
Similar to this, you could also go into the Apps in the settings, and find and disable the stock keyboard. I've been using SwiftKey for around 4 years, I've faced this issue multiple times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnoevl21 View Post
Just started doing this for me a month or so ago. I went in to titanium and froze Android keyboard, just like what the other guy did and it worked fine. Not a fan of removing completely so freezing is the way to go imo.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
Yes, I tried all the other possible ways. Freezing is the only option it seems. And now finally I'm on Swiftkey!
 
Amtip
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 11
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Marquette, MI
Great! Enjoy it, it's a fantastic keyboard, be warned though, it gets better and worse as they release updates.
 
kaushikd
Old
#7  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43
Posts: 346
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bangalore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amtip View Post
Great! Enjoy it, it's a fantastic keyboard, be warned though, it gets better and worse as they release updates.
Thanks. I'm loving it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes