Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,588 Members 46,592 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Possible to repartition a Galaxy Nexus?

Tip us?

crfrank
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Possible to repartition a Galaxy Nexus?

Sorry if this has been asked before (did a search but couldn't find anything) but is it possible to repartition a GN? I understand this would probably involve a custom loader (which is how I did it on an old HTC a few years ago) and was wondering if there were any out there? The reason I'm asking is that like quite a few other Nexus owners it's getting to the point with some ROMs (like CM 11.1) with GApps packages (like PA GApps) the /system partition is now too small to accommodate both. Or should I just bite the bullet and buy a Nexus 5 - something I'm loathe to do as my Galaxy Nexus is still going strong and been a damn good phone...

Thanks for your time,

Charles.

pattyboi:)
Old
Thanks Meter 1,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by crfrank View Post
Sorry if this has been asked before (did a search but couldn't find anything) but is it possible to repartition a GN? I understand this would probably involve a custom loader (which is how I did it on an old HTC a few years ago) and was wondering if there were any out there? The reason I'm asking is that like quite a few other Nexus owners it's getting to the point with some ROMs (like CM 11.1) with GApps packages (like PA GApps) the /system partition is now too small to accommodate both. Or should I just bite the bullet and buy a Nexus 5 - something I'm loathe to do as my Galaxy Nexus is still going strong and been a damn good phone...

Thanks for your time,

Charles.
use a different gapps package man,i use the famigo gapps,aroma installer so you can pick whats installed and save alot of space
there are 1,112 ways for you to die right now,i happen to be number 666.

crfrank
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyboi:) View Post
use a different gapps package man,i use the famigo gapps,aroma installer so you can pick whats installed and save alot of space
Yeah, in the end I went to AOKP and their KK GApps package - still, it shows the phone it getting a bit old now Hence the comment about maybe upgrading...

pattyboi:)
Old
Thanks Meter 1,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by crfrank View Post
Yeah, in the end I went to AOKP and their KK GApps package - still, it shows the phone it getting a bit old now Hence the comment about maybe upgrading...
Yeah man I know how you feel :/ I wouldn't mind a upgrade myself,I can't personally say my storage is limited tho,on vanir I still have around 300mb free in /system ,I mean a upgrade might be all around better,but the gnex is still honestly a decent phone,especially compared to some phones I've used lol
there are 1,112 ways for you to die right now,i happen to be number 666.