XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

Unlock Hidden Camera Settings on Your Moto G

At one point in time or another, weve all gotten very fiddly with the camera settings on our … more
Post Reply

Is it possible to share wifi connection using Galaxy Nexus?

22nd April 2012, 05:36 AM   |  #1  
gogol's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 144
 
3,403 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2005
There is wifi network, but only 1 device can use it.

Suppose I connect my Galaxy Nexus to that wifi, is it possible to share that to other phones?

I know that I can share 3g connection to other phones via wifi, but is it possible to share wifi via wifi?

It is possible using pc though http://www.virtualwifirouter.com/
22nd April 2012, 06:16 AM   |  #2  
martonikaj's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 1,714
 
7,850 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
uhhh don't think that'd be possible. You can see that if you're on WiFi and try to turn on WiFi Hotspot, it disables your WiFi.

what kinda stupid network are you connecting to that only lets one device connect?
The Following User Says Thank You to martonikaj For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2012, 07:12 AM   |  #3  
@rbiter's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 959
 
4,082 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Are you able to allow more connections by changing settings in your router?

bow chicka wow wow.
22nd April 2012, 09:04 AM   |  #4  
moe6's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66
 
392 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogol

There is wifi network, but only 1 device can use it.

Suppose I connect my Galaxy Nexus to that wifi, is it possible to share that to other phones?

I know that I can share 3g connection to other phones via wifi, but is it possible to share wifi via wifi?

It is possible using pc though http://www.virtualwifirouter.com/

I've just thought of this off the top of my head so don't blame me if it doesn't work but it would seem feasible if;

1) First phone set to share/tether via bluetooth to 2nd phone
2) 2nd phone turns on Wifi tether
3) other devices connect to 2nd phone.

Let us know if this works as I'm not about to collect all the phones in the house to test this out hahaha.
23rd April 2012, 04:38 AM   |  #5  
gogol's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 144
 
3,403 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by moe6

I've just thought of this off the top of my head so don't blame me if it doesn't work but it would seem feasible if;

1) First phone set to share/tether via bluetooth to 2nd phone
2) 2nd phone turns on Wifi tether
3) other devices connect to 2nd phone.

Let us know if this works as I'm not about to collect all the phones in the house to test this out hahaha.

Yes, this works. Thanks

First phone connect to the wifi
First phone enable bluetooth tetehering
Pair both phones via blutooth
All phones are able to access the wifi
Last edited by gogol; 23rd April 2012 at 04:40 AM.
23rd April 2012, 05:09 AM   |  #6  
moe6's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66
 
392 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Hahah nice. Android, it just works?
23rd April 2012, 06:30 AM   |  #7  
joshndroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 210
 
1,258 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogol

Yes, this works. Thanks

First phone connect to the wifi
First phone enable bluetooth tetehering
Pair both phones via blutooth
All phones are able to access the wifi

This would be useful for connecting to hotel Internet that only allow a single connection at a time kinda cool lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes