Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

Who wants to try and get the S-Voice apk working?

OP krichek

19th May 2012, 04:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22

201 posts
The S-Voice apk was just posted in the S3 area http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1#post26293573

I've installed it on my GNEX and it installed fine, made it through the tutorial as well, but it crashed when I tried to change the wake up phrase. Anyone care to give it a shot at making it work? I was going to start with something simple like editing build.prop but I can't seem to find any info on what the S3 is listed as.

It's now working perfectly!! Nex7er in the Note forum discovered if you install the app from system/app it works perfectly and I can confirm it runs perfect on the nexus!!!
Last edited by krichek; 19th May 2012 at 05:12 PM. Reason: solved
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to krichek For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th May 2012, 05:22 PM   |  #2  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 355

1,561 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichek

The S-Voice apk was just posted in the S3 area http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1#post26293573

I've installed it on my GNEX and it installed fine, made it through the tutorial as well, but it crashed when I tried to change the wake up phrase. Anyone care to give it a shot at making it work? I was going to start with something simple like editing build.prop but I can't seem to find any info on what the S3 is listed as.

It's now working perfectly!! Nex7er in the Note forum discovered if you install the app from system/app it works perfectly and I can confirm it runs perfect on the nexus!!!

I installed on latest CM9 nightly, no issues here. I installed it normally without being in system folder.

Edit:
Seems too clunky and pointless/useless. I can do all those commands by tapping the screen manually and I'll know they are correct rather than relying on a sketchy voice to text algorithm.
Last edited by akira02rex; 19th May 2012 at 05:32 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to akira02rex For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th May 2012, 07:19 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22

201 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by akira02rex

Seems too clunky and pointless/useless. I can do all those commands by tapping the screen manually and I'll know they are correct rather than relying on a sketchy voice to text algorithm.

To each his own I guess. As a guy with only one arm I can state for me, it is MUCH easier and faster to say "new dental appointment, June 5th at 9am and then confirm with yes then it is to:

open apps, select calendar, click the month view tab, flip to June, click on the 5th, select "new" on the 9am tab and then type out dental, etc...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to krichek For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th May 2012, 08:19 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 18

167 posts
Running bamf/jamesbond and get a force close on it

Cleared data on it and reloaded... Skipped trying to set a new wakeup and it will go through to asking me "which app do you want to open "

Unfortunately no matter what I say she comes back with that same line.

Of course, restarted again and didn't bother to wake her up... And now commands work.
Last edited by ceribaen; 19th May 2012 at 08:26 PM.
19th May 2012, 08:50 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Themer
Flag Bologna
Thanks Meter: 4,780

7,163 posts
Donate to Me
More
Tried and seems to work pretty good
19th May 2012, 08:51 PM   |  #6  

167 posts
Tried setting an alarm but couldn't save for some reason.
19th May 2012, 08:55 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 2

84 posts
Same here can't save alarms...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
19th May 2012, 08:57 PM   |  #8  
Recognized Themer
Flag Bologna
Thanks Meter: 4,780

7,163 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceribaen

Tried setting an alarm but couldn't save for some reason.

Probably it's searching for SGS3 alarm app
19th May 2012, 09:14 PM   |  #9  

167 posts
Can confirm that adding appointments and checking weather work though.
Timer will work as far as countdown, but doesn't seem to hook into any vibrate/ring function to notify you when it finishes.
Last edited by ceribaen; 19th May 2012 at 09:42 PM.
19th May 2012, 09:56 PM   |  #10  
Flag OC, CA
Thanks Meter: 65

306 posts
More
It took me a few tries, and I only got it to install by skipping the setup part of it. The apk claimed I already had s voice installed. And, when I went to remove it, because it crashed despite installing it from system/app, it only gave me the option to remove updates. I'm running stock ROM and kernel. Unfortunately, I don't see how to get to settings for it, so I'm stuck calling it "Hi Galaxy!"

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread