Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,559 Members 52,579 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Who wants to try and get the S-Voice apk working?

Tip us?

krichek
Old
(Last edited by krichek; 19th May 2012 at 04:12 PM.) Reason: solved
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Default Who wants to try and get the S-Voice apk working?

The S-Voice apk was just posted in the S3 area http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1#post26293573

I've installed it on my GNEX and it installed fine, made it through the tutorial as well, but it crashed when I tried to change the wake up phrase. Anyone care to give it a shot at making it work? I was going to start with something simple like editing build.prop but I can't seem to find any info on what the S3 is listed as.

It's now working perfectly!! Nex7er in the Note forum discovered if you install the app from system/app it works perfectly and I can confirm it runs perfect on the nexus!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to krichek For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

akira02rex
Old
(Last edited by akira02rex; 19th May 2012 at 04:32 PM.)
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichek View Post
The S-Voice apk was just posted in the S3 area http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1#post26293573

I've installed it on my GNEX and it installed fine, made it through the tutorial as well, but it crashed when I tried to change the wake up phrase. Anyone care to give it a shot at making it work? I was going to start with something simple like editing build.prop but I can't seem to find any info on what the S3 is listed as.

It's now working perfectly!! Nex7er in the Note forum discovered if you install the app from system/app it works perfectly and I can confirm it runs perfect on the nexus!!!
I installed on latest CM9 nightly, no issues here. I installed it normally without being in system folder.

Edit:
Seems too clunky and pointless/useless. I can do all those commands by tapping the screen manually and I'll know they are correct rather than relying on a sketchy voice to text algorithm.
The Following User Says Thank You to akira02rex For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

krichek
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by akira02rex View Post
Seems too clunky and pointless/useless. I can do all those commands by tapping the screen manually and I'll know they are correct rather than relying on a sketchy voice to text algorithm.

To each his own I guess. As a guy with only one arm I can state for me, it is MUCH easier and faster to say "new dental appointment, June 5th at 9am and then confirm with yes then it is to:

open apps, select calendar, click the month view tab, flip to June, click on the 5th, select "new" on the 9am tab and then type out dental, etc...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to krichek For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ceribaen
Old
(Last edited by ceribaen; 19th May 2012 at 07:26 PM.)
Thanks Meter 18
Running bamf/jamesbond and get a force close on it

Cleared data on it and reloaded... Skipped trying to set a new wakeup and it will go through to asking me "which app do you want to open "

Unfortunately no matter what I say she comes back with that same line.

Of course, restarted again and didn't bother to wake her up... And now commands work.

Razer(x)
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 4763

DONATE TO ME
Tried and seems to work pretty good

ceribaen
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Tried setting an alarm but couldn't save for some reason.

jwais
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Same here can't save alarms...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Razer(x)
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 4763

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceribaen View Post
Tried setting an alarm but couldn't save for some reason.
Probably it's searching for SGS3 alarm app

ceribaen
Old
(Last edited by ceribaen; 19th May 2012 at 08:42 PM.)
Thanks Meter 18
Can confirm that adding appointments and checking weather work though.
Timer will work as far as countdown, but doesn't seem to hook into any vibrate/ring function to notify you when it finishes.

Archpope
Old
Thanks Meter 65
It took me a few tries, and I only got it to install by skipping the setup part of it. The apk claimed I already had s voice installed. And, when I went to remove it, because it crashed despite installing it from system/app, it only gave me the option to remove updates. I'm running stock ROM and kernel. Unfortunately, I don't see how to get to settings for it, so I'm stuck calling it "Hi Galaxy!"
Archpope Däch

Google Nexus 5
ROM: Stock
Launcher: Nova Launcher

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe