Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,193 Members 36,502 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Toroplus - Modem Error - Modem Exception Occurs

Tip us?

badsect0r
Old
(Last edited by badsect0r; 13th February 2014 at 02:43 PM.) Reason: added info
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Toroplus - Modem Error - Modem Exception Occurs

I have a samsung galaxy nexus by sprint. I was recently using CyanogenMOD 11. I put it into airplane mode and when i tried to turn if off, the radio would not come back... so I decided to go back to stock rom and flashed it back to Android 4.2.1 (GA02) via wugfresh toolkit. After flashing I noticed the phone was not picking up any bars to the cell tower so I first performed factory reset. After that was done I still was not able to connect to the cell network, so I let it upgrade to 4.3 via Wifi (works btw). Stll not connecting to tower.

At that point I remembered I may need to perform a carrier wipe and on my phone I entered *#*#72786#*#*, then it asked for the MLS number which I entered (double checked it with my carrier so I know I'm using the correct MLS ID) and after entering it, the phone returns the following error:

Modem Error
Modem Exception Occurs

And there is an option to push "yes" nothing else. If I press yes, it goes back to the dialer and nothing happens.

If I attempt a PRL or Profile update, I get the following message
Error
The PRL update could not be completed. Please try again later
If the problem persists, you may need to contact customer service.
Error: (Code: 8)Unknown Error

Also there is a line showing up during.
sprintaccount username(Device ID) is null...

Is there anything I can do to get the phone to connect to the network again?

Thanks,

badsect0r
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
As an update, it appears the radio is just not being recognized at all. Settings>about phone>Baseband Version = Uknown

I have attempted to flash different radios (GA02 and FH05) which says it was successful (TRWP) but still no radio. No idea what to do from this point.