5,594,386 Members 37,005 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

TWRP and encripted data?

Tip us?
 
IRX120
Old
#1  
IRX120's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 626
Posts: 1,747
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Atlanta
Default TWRP and encripted data?

On my gnex, just to test it out I encripted the phone and after it was ejcripted I rebooted into TWRP (2.6.3.1) and when I entered the encription key it failed to decript. The phone decripts and boots up fine with the key but in twrp I cannot decript the data to load a new kernel or ROM to flash. Is there a solution for this?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
 
beekay201
Old
#2  
beekay201's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1096
Posts: 4,558
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRX120 View Post
On my gnex, just to test it out I encripted the phone and after it was ejcripted I rebooted into TWRP (2.6.3.1) and when I entered the encription key it failed to decript. The phone decripts and boots up fine with the key but in twrp I cannot decript the data to load a new kernel or ROM to flash. Is there a solution for this?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Have you tried updating to 2.6.3.2? It's the latest version for maguro, not sure if that's the variant you're using.
hammerhead/Omni-KOT49H/stock#3.4.0/M8974A-1.0.25.0.23
maguro/aosp-KRT16O/custom#3.0.101/XXLJ1
manta/stock-KRT16S/custom#3.4.39
tf201/cm10-NIGHTLY#20120820/stock#2.6.39.4
XDA forum rules here
bug report? logcat and /proc/kmsg, or it "never happened".
How TO Ask questions on the Internet
aosp-maguro READFIRST here (credit: efrant)
aosp-gnex READSECOND here (credit: efrant)
 
IRX120
Old
#3  
IRX120's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 626
Posts: 1,747
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by beekay201 View Post
Have you tried updating to 2.6.3.2? It's the latest version for maguro, not sure if that's the variant you're using.
Im on toro, and I'm on 2.6.3.1 that's the latest one on goomamager.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
 
beekay201
Old
#4  
beekay201's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1096
Posts: 4,558
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRX120 View Post
Im on toro, and I'm on 2.6.3.1 that's the latest one on goomamager.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/toro

Latest for toro is also 2.6.3.2.
hammerhead/Omni-KOT49H/stock#3.4.0/M8974A-1.0.25.0.23
maguro/aosp-KRT16O/custom#3.0.101/XXLJ1
manta/stock-KRT16S/custom#3.4.39
tf201/cm10-NIGHTLY#20120820/stock#2.6.39.4
XDA forum rules here
bug report? logcat and /proc/kmsg, or it "never happened".
How TO Ask questions on the Internet
aosp-maguro READFIRST here (credit: efrant)
aosp-gnex READSECOND here (credit: efrant)
 
IRX120
Old
#5  
IRX120's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 626
Posts: 1,747
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by beekay201 View Post
http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/toro

Latest for toro is also 2.6.3.2.
Tried it and it still doesn't work

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
 
beekay201
Old
#6  
beekay201's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1096
Posts: 4,558
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRX120 View Post
Tried it and it still doesn't work

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Try to look in /cache/recovery/log for errors, or /cache/recovery/last_log after rebooting into Android.
hammerhead/Omni-KOT49H/stock#3.4.0/M8974A-1.0.25.0.23
maguro/aosp-KRT16O/custom#3.0.101/XXLJ1
manta/stock-KRT16S/custom#3.4.39
tf201/cm10-NIGHTLY#20120820/stock#2.6.39.4
XDA forum rules here
bug report? logcat and /proc/kmsg, or it "never happened".
How TO Ask questions on the Internet
aosp-maguro READFIRST here (credit: efrant)
aosp-gnex READSECOND here (credit: efrant)
 
IRX120
Old
#7  
IRX120's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 626
Posts: 1,747
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by beekay201 View Post
Try to look in /cache/recovery/log for errors, or /cache/recovery/last_log after rebooting into Android.
http://pastebin.com/pX9cBG9M

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
 
beekay201
Old
#8  
beekay201's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1096
Posts: 4,558
Join Date: Nov 2010
What ROM are you using? CM, PA, ...? I don't have a toro, but I can encrypt my maguro to check up on something, to compare something I've seen in your log. Who's the twrp maintainer for toro?
Anyone got an encrypted toro that could come in the discussion?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
hammerhead/Omni-KOT49H/stock#3.4.0/M8974A-1.0.25.0.23
maguro/aosp-KRT16O/custom#3.0.101/XXLJ1
manta/stock-KRT16S/custom#3.4.39
tf201/cm10-NIGHTLY#20120820/stock#2.6.39.4
XDA forum rules here
bug report? logcat and /proc/kmsg, or it "never happened".
How TO Ask questions on the Internet
aosp-maguro READFIRST here (credit: efrant)
aosp-gnex READSECOND here (credit: efrant)

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

[OTA Captured] Android 4.4.2 Now Rolling Out to the AT&T Galaxy S 4 Active

A little under two months ago, AT&T started rolling out … more

HTC Releases Dual Lens SDK for the HTC One M8 (2014)

One of the highlights of the HTC One M8is its new dual lens camera system. Termed … more

Google ATAP Reveals Project Ara Developer Kits and 100K Prize Challenge

Today, Paul Eremenko from Google’s Advanced Technology and … more