OP belfouf

12th February 2014, 02:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 3

48 posts
More
Hello everybody,

I'm used to flashing but I'm not a dev' and I think we are many who could be interested by this :

So I saw this article https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Install on how to install Ubuntu Touch on our old but still good galaxy nexus.

And I wonder : is it possible to flash img through recovery or do we have to follow all the tutorial ? because I don't feel very confident about doing it and I also wanted to share it with others
12th February 2014, 04:17 PM   |  #2  
Flag Vlaardingen
Thanks Meter: 298

1,028 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by belfouf

Hello everybody,

I'm used to flashing but I'm not a dev' and I think we are many who could be interested by this :

So I saw this article https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Install on how to install Ubuntu Touch on our old but still good galaxy nexus.

And I wonder : is it possible to flash img through recovery or do we have to follow all the tutorial ? because I don't feel very confident about doing it and I also wanted to share it with others

No you cant flash it through recovery. You need to do it with fastboot. It is safe though. You can always go back to android. I believe there is a thread somewhere around here that shows you how to dual boot android and ubuntu.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app
14th February 2014, 06:57 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 3

48 posts
More
Smile thx
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgnex

No you cant flash it through recovery. You need to do it with fastboot. It is safe though. You can always go back to android. I believe there is a thread somewhere around here that shows you how to dual boot android and ubuntu.

Okay thank you for your time I'll try
14th February 2014, 11:34 PM   |  #4  
Flag Beijing
Thanks Meter: 888

2,157 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgnex

Huh? I swear I had installed Ubuntu Touch (the first stable version back in November) via recovery, by flashing a global ZIP and a device-specific ZIP.

Sent from Google Nexus 4 @ CM11
15th February 2014, 09:16 PM   |  #5  
Flag Vlaardingen
Thanks Meter: 298

1,028 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyYan

Huh? I swear I had installed Ubuntu Touch (the first stable version back in November) via recovery, by flashing a global ZIP and a device-specific ZIP.

Sent from Google Nexus 4 @ CM11

Right.. I was forgotten that. Stupid brain. Sorry

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread