Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,174 Members 36,201 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Ubuntu Touch on Gnexus

Tip us?
 
belfouf
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 48
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Paris
Thumbs up [Q] Ubuntu Touch on Gnexus

Hello everybody,

I'm used to flashing but I'm not a dev' and I think we are many who could be interested by this :

So I saw this article https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Install on how to install Ubuntu Touch on our old but still good galaxy nexus.

And I wonder : is it possible to flash img through recovery or do we have to follow all the tutorial ? because I don't feel very confident about doing it and I also wanted to share it with others
 
mrgnex
Old
#2  
mrgnex's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 289
Posts: 979
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vlaardingen
Quote:
Originally Posted by belfouf View Post
Hello everybody,

I'm used to flashing but I'm not a dev' and I think we are many who could be interested by this :

So I saw this article https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Install on how to install Ubuntu Touch on our old but still good galaxy nexus.

And I wonder : is it possible to flash img through recovery or do we have to follow all the tutorial ? because I don't feel very confident about doing it and I also wanted to share it with others
No you cant flash it through recovery. You need to do it with fastboot. It is safe though. You can always go back to android. I believe there is a thread somewhere around here that shows you how to dual boot android and ubuntu.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app
SΛMSUNG/Google Galaxy Nexus
ROM: Vanir Nightly
Kernel: A.S.K.P. Patty Remix

SΛMSUNG/Google Nexus 10
ROM: Vanir Nightly
Kernel: Stock Vanir
 
belfouf
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 48
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Paris
Smile thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgnex View Post
No you cant flash it through recovery. You need to do it with fastboot. It is safe though. You can always go back to android. I believe there is a thread somewhere around here that shows you how to dual boot android and ubuntu.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app
Okay thank you for your time I'll try
 
AndyYan
Old
#4  
AndyYan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 863
Posts: 2,046
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Beijing
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgnex View Post
No you cant flash it through recovery. You need to do it with fastboot. It is safe though. You can always go back to android. I believe there is a thread somewhere around here that shows you how to dual boot android and ubuntu.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app
Huh? I swear I had installed Ubuntu Touch (the first stable version back in November) via recovery, by flashing a global ZIP and a device-specific ZIP.

Sent from Google Nexus 4 @ CM11


Current devices:
Google Nexus 4 (CM11 Nightly)
Motorola Droid RAZR M (CM11 Nightly for JB BL)
Sony Xperia SP (CM11 Nightly)
Google Nexus 7 (2013, WiFi) (CM11 Nightly)
Samsung Galaxy Gear (Null_ Build 23)
Samsung Galaxy S WiFi 4.0 (CM10.2 Unofficial)
Nokia N86 8MP (RM-484 30.009 Pre-Hacked)

Quote:
Multi-core smartphones are like M&Ms:
They don't melt on the store shelf... Just in your hands.
 
mrgnex
Old
#5  
mrgnex's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 289
Posts: 979
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vlaardingen
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyYan View Post
Huh? I swear I had installed Ubuntu Touch (the first stable version back in November) via recovery, by flashing a global ZIP and a device-specific ZIP.

Sent from Google Nexus 4 @ CM11
Right.. I was forgotten that. Stupid brain. Sorry

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app
SΛMSUNG/Google Galaxy Nexus
ROM: Vanir Nightly
Kernel: A.S.K.P. Patty Remix

SΛMSUNG/Google Nexus 10
ROM: Vanir Nightly
Kernel: Stock Vanir
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes