5,595,000 Members 39,011 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

UI idea for KitKat Roms.

Tip us?

Kostas1601
Old
(Last edited by Kostas1601; 19th December 2013 at 10:19 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default UI idea for KitKat Roms.

Hey guys,

I had this idea that seems pretty obvious to me but I'm not sure if its feasible.

Is there a way to build a kitkat ROM where the nav and status bar are always consistently translucent (like in the homescreen?)

Thanks in advance

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

tonychau77
Old
Thanks Meter 2
What is it going to display? For the launcher it is displaying the wallpaper. But nothing to display when you open an app. In case of Paranoid Android it displays a white bar if I make it transparent. And if you enlarge the area available to the app and add the translucent bars, it will block you from accessing some parts of the apps.

Kostas1601
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Deleted

Kostas1601
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonychau77 View Post
What is it going to display? For the launcher it is displaying the wallpaper. But nothing to display when you open an app. In case of Paranoid Android it displays a white bar if I make it transparent. And if you enlarge the area available to the app and add the translucent bars, it will block you from accessing some parts of the apps.
Isn't it possible to have paranoid androids per app color feature and to add translucency along with the background color of the status and nav bars though?

isajoo
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Better to run in extended desktop mode w/PIE controls to take full advantage of our 4.65" screen.

tonychau77
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostas1601 View Post
Isn't it possible to have paranoid androids per app color feature and to add translucency along with the background color of the status and nav bars though?

Some apps will, but most don't.
The Following User Says Thank You to tonychau77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kostas1601
Old
(Last edited by Kostas1601; 20th December 2013 at 07:06 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonychau77 View Post
Some apps will, but most don't.
I see..so i guess each individual app needs to go ahead and apply their background in the navbar and status bar areas for KitKat devices...which should be really simple, but for some reason they haven't gotten around to it yet..it would make android so much cooler looking..it's basically native per app color that should be instant..

Anyway this is just mu thoughts on the matter and what i would do if i were developing for kitkat devices (which most major apps are already doing, but no UI enhancementa yet)

Thanks for the reply man :thumbup:

vitalero
Old
Thanks Meter 44
AOKP roms can hide the navigation bar making games and apps look full screen
is that what you wanted?
█ Galaxy Nexus GSM █ AOKP KitKat Nightly 2014-01-09█ Franco Kernel #392(osm0sis fix) █
█ Transformer Prime █ AndroWook HairyBean 2.3.1 █ Handsbuah Kernel █
Join to Dropbox and win 500mb free from this Link , Enjoy!