APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Unfortunately, Google Play has stopped

OP Gnarnar

20th March 2012, 08:54 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

8 posts
"Unfortunately, Google Play store has stopped" Reloaded Gapps a few times. Is this an issue on their end or user error?
Last edited by Gnarnar; 20th March 2012 at 09:01 PM.
20th March 2012, 09:07 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

8 posts
Used Titanium Backup to restore it.....guess it was user error.

Sorry for the wasted space. You can delete this thread.
21st March 2012, 06:29 AM   |  #3  
Flag jakarta
Thanks Meter: 2

62 posts
is it my error?
This is the second time i had this issue, im using dark knight 3. is it my error? what did i do?i just wanna know..
21st March 2012, 04:47 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Noob Observations
I installed Dark Knight 3 about three days ago. I have noticed the exact same issue, I am currently using Play 3.5.15 and the issue persists after repeated reinstalls of play (I also tried an older Market install which did the same thing). One thing I noticed but i do not know if its an issue (but it looks suspicious ) is that the Vending.apk file in /system/app is now 0 bytes. Any help greatly appreciated with this.
21st March 2012, 10:07 PM   |  #5  

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eoghan_s

I am currently using Play 3.5.15 and the issue persists after repeated reinstalls of play (I also tried an older Market install which did the same thing). Any help greatly appreciated with this.

same problem here any solution?
23rd March 2012, 07:11 PM   |  #6  

2 posts
RESOLVED
I don't have a full explanation but the issue is resolved. I installed a root explorer and over wrote the Vending.apk with the in /system/app, I cleared play app data and tried again. That didn't makea but of difference. Magically I tried running play a few hours later and it worked. Possibly a server side issue then? Hopefully it's resolved for everyone now anyone.
13th June 2012, 02:29 AM   |  #7  

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eoghan_s

I don't have a full explanation but the issue is resolved. I installed a root explorer and over wrote the Vending.apk with the in /system/app, I cleared play app data and tried again. That didn't makea but of difference. Magically I tried running play a few hours later and it worked. Possibly a server side issue then? Hopefully it's resolved for everyone now anyone.

hi

i am having this issue with tytung's NexusHD2-ICS-4.0 rom (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...opped&page=514)

can you explain what you mean by overwriting Vending.apk? i have tried using titanium to uninstall googleplay and then reinstalling various Apks of different versions. all have the same problem

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread