Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,341 Members 48,717 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unfortunately Google search has stopped?

Tip us?

Biadokals
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Unfortunately Google search has stopped?

I can't use my browser. it keeps crashing with that error. Please help

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

adeklipse
Old
Thanks Meter 114
Wait, what?

"Google Search has stopped", but the you can't use your browser?

Anyhoo, can you answer these questions:
1. What ROM are you using? If you're using Paranoid Android, some DPIs aren't compatible with specific apps, and will crash them surretitiously.
2. Did you recently dirty-update a ROM? Sometimes, flashing an upgrade or a new ROM without a cache-wipe will result in cache-related crashes, e.g. incompatibility issues, which will often lead to apps crashing.
3. Have you tried clearing your Browser and/or Search cache? This is the go-to response if you have a misbehaving app.
hammerhead
mako stolen
maguro broken
cooper retired

Biadokals
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by adeklipse View Post
Wait, what?

"Google Search has stopped", but the you can't use your browser?

Anyhoo, can you answer these questions:
1. What ROM are you using? If you're using Paranoid Android, some DPIs aren't compatible with specific apps, and will crash them surretitiously.
2. Did you recently dirty-update a ROM? Sometimes, flashing an upgrade or a new ROM without a cache-wipe will result in cache-related crashes, e.g. incompatibility issues, which will often lead to apps crashing.
3. Have you tried clearing your Browser and/or Search cache? This is the go-to response if you have a misbehaving app.
I am on paranoid android, and I tried changing the google search app to default dpi. In any case I did not dirty-update my rom, but I will wipe my cache again.

And in the case of number 3, I downloaded a different browser and experienced the same problem.