Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,073 Members 40,859 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Viber unlocks screen when message is received

Tip us?

Viber Team
Old
Thanks Meter 524
@IncCo. -

As we've explained, at the moment unfortunately not. We will add the option of disabling this behavior in future versions.
An official representative of Viber Media (Viber app.)

swissmountain
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Exclamation same Probelm here...

I have exactly the same issue with my HTC Sensation... Every Viber message lights up the screen and many times the phone has done weird things when I have it in my pocket.
Tried all options and settings as well, no luck...

Pleas fix this asap, it's really annoying!

Thanks.

Viber Team
Old
Thanks Meter 524
@swissmountain -

Thank you for the details of the problem.
It's important to be accurate here - as far as we understand, the problem is that Viber lights up the screen. It doesn't unlock the phone (and if it does - then there is an option - that works, to the best of our knowledge - that prevents this from happening. This option can be found in Viber's "More" tab).

The "lighting up" problem will be addressed in future versions of us.

MrMosoani
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viber Team View Post
@swissmountain -

Thank you for the details of the problem.
It's important to be accurate here - as far as we understand, the problem is that Viber lights up the screen. It doesn't unlock the phone (and if it does - then there is an option - that works, to the best of our knowledge - that prevents this from happening. This option can be found in Viber's "More" tab).

The "lighting up" problem will be addressed in future versions of us.
Thank you. I always visit this thread and just waiting for the fix. Just sad that it's been months now and still the issue is still there.
However, it's understandable that coding to fix it is hard. It's just that, it's been months already.

I still have the app but also using other similar app when viber is acting weird. Like, not sending image, always fails (then I would go to other app to send the image and the other CAN do it), then sometimes it works. There are times that it reboots the phone when it lags.
Viber is user friendly in terms of the GUI and call quality is great that is why we users are still using it. Hopefully, update will fix ALL these
to make the app perfect.
Phones: Galaxy S2-> Galaxy Nexus (GSM/Maguro)
ROM: AOKP->LiquidSmooth.>Jelly Belly->TR4SCEND->AndroidMe->Rasbean Jelly->Xylon>Purity->CyberGR|Mod
Kernel: Franco->James Bond->Trinity->DaxMax's Xylon Kernel->AK Purity 23
Launcher: Nova Launcher> GoLauncher Ex V3.15 Beta-> Nova Launcher Prime

Viber Team
Old
Thanks Meter 524
Hi,

Were trying to work as fast as we can within our limited time and manpower. We hope to bring you the major update soon (with many bug fixes, and also new features).
Meanwhile, we released a new version today: 2.3.6

Check it out and see if it helps. If not, then the wait for the new update should not be long, hopefully.

kwekwekproven
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Still having this problem on my Nexus 4. It wakes up my screen (not unlock) everytime i recieve a message, that cause it to go loco in ny pocket. I'm on 4.2.2.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Narga
Old
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
Me too, it's lighting up the screen, after 15s the screen dim the light then keep it dimming until I unlock screen to read it. I'm using Nexus 4 on 4.2.2.
I've waited the dim screen to turn off but it's still dim the light forever

Viber Team
Old
Thanks Meter 524
Hi guys,

This is a known issue, as we've mentioned earlier in this thread, and we plan to include a solution for this in our upcoming major new version.
We apologize for the temporary inconvenience.

Viber Team
Old
Thanks Meter 524
Hi,

We are excited and proud to announce that we have just released a brand new product: Viber Desktop, as well as a major new update to our mobile application: Viber 3.0 for iOS and Android.

- What is Viber Desktop?

Viber for Windows/Mac lets you send free messages and make free calls to other Viber users, on any device and network, in any country!
Viber syncs your contacts, messages and call history with your mobile device, so you can start the conversation on the Viber mobile application and continue from the comfort of your PC.

In Viber Desktop you can find HD-quality voice calls, video calls, text and photo messaging, group conversations, and many more!
You can check out the cool tutorial for Viber Desktop here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEqS5W-KfRw
Download Viber, enter your phone number, and start connecting with your friends for free, from your computer!

- What's new in Viber 3.0 for iOS and Android?

Video messages, Online status and "Last online" feature, new package of fun stickers, improved user interface as well as enhanced photo experience, and much more.
Note that Viber is now designed according to Google's guidelines for android apps based on the HOLO theme (Android only).

As usual, we're here to receive your feedback and thoughts, and we'd be more than happy to assist you with any matter.

Best regards,
the Viber Team.

llevo3
Old
Thanks Meter 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narga View Post
Me too, it's lighting up the screen, after 15s the screen dim the light then keep it dimming until I unlock screen to read it. I'm using Nexus 4 on 4.2.2.
I've waited the dim screen to turn off but it's still dim the light forever
+1 I'm on v3.0

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

I have the same problem on Galaxy Nexus while ago. It was a bit annoying and because of that I have to uninstall Viber. Now it's happenig again on my Nexus 4 on v3.0
iPhoneHTC HD2HTC Desire HDGalaxy NexusNexus 4Nexus 5

http://llevo3.com/

The Following User Says Thank You to llevo3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]