[Q] Volume down broken and bootloop - how to get to recovery?

Search This thread

mikkel-ol

Dec 16, 2010
Viborg
Yea, the title almost says it all;
After I changed the screen on my GN the volume down button is not functioning (1 of the 3 solderings is loose).
That was not much of a problem since I could just turn the volume down with the slider that appears, when pressing the volume up button.

BUT

I was too excited to try out the Optimus 4X lockscreen, so I flashed it and ended in a bootloop.
And since my volume down button is broken, I ask:

How do I get into recovery to perform a restore?

Petrovski80

Mar 21, 2011
Almelo
Yea, the title almost says it all;
After I changed the screen on my GN the volume down button is not functioning (1 of the 3 solderings is loose).
That was not much of a problem since I could just turn the volume down with the slider that appears, when pressing the volume up button.

BUT

I was too excited to try out the Optimus 4X lockscreen, so I flashed it and ended in a bootloop.
And since my volume down button is broken, I ask:

How do I get into recovery to perform a restore?

Afaik, without volume down button working you cannot enter bootloader OR download (Odin) mode. So basically, all you can do is try to fix the soldering.

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

...srsly?

recovery is vol up+power, not vol down+power.

sent from my i9250

Are you sure? Vol up + power button doesn't boot recovery for me.

crazyg4merz

Sep 15, 2011
If u are not in bootloop mode u can just using adb command to reboot into recovery. But if u are having bootloop then u have to enter download mode and flash with odin. I forgot what button is power+volume up, but any mode whether it's download mode or recovery mode are not a problem in android world :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

mikkel-ol

Dec 16, 2010
Viborg

Jubakuba

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 22, 2010
Pueblo, Colorado
You can plug in and see if she's getting far enough in for an "adb reboot bootloader" but I'm not sure if that'll work.
Worth a shot!

crazyg4merz

Sep 15, 2011
I got u a way, try adb reboot download in terminal. It works. After that u can flash with odin. :)

crazyg4merz

Sep 15, 2011
My bad, I forgot his phone is in bootloop. So this means no hope? It's so horrible because my galaxy gio have a not working volume up and down, this means I can't make it bootloop or I'll end up dead like him :p

OneFreshDude

Aug 8, 2012
Do you still need help?
Buy a jig. amazon . com/gp/product/B0053H73JQ/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=A2FLTOLVOW7SND I haven't used this one myself but there's a comment saying that it works. :good:

EDIT: I bought one and it works perfectly!

Last edited:
Reactions: thiagodark

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sorry for the misspeak. Volume down +power is Odin and volume up + down + power is fastboot, which will get you to recovery.

Allons-y
    Do you still need help?
    Buy a jig. amazon . com/gp/product/B0053H73JQ/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=A2FLTOLVOW7SND I haven't used this one myself but there's a comment saying that it works. :good:

EDIT: I bought one and it works perfectly!