FORUMS

Moto X Style, Moto X Play and Moto G Forums Are Here!

The latest family members of the new generation of Motorola devices are … more

Galaxy Unpacked: What is Samsung Going to Unveil?

Amidst all the hype of the OnePlus 2 and the rain of Moto 2015 news, Samsung tried … more

Arrow Launcher: Good Effort Without Direction

Microsoft’s Android expansion has been well received on the productivity front, but … more

Two New Moto X and New Moto G – Specs & Details

Today’s Moto event just ended and now we have a clear look at all of … more

Volume button pads unsoldered from motherboard

389 posts
Thanks Meter: 31
 
By krneki10, Senior Member on 18th June 2014, 04:42 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Volume button on my Nexus stopped working after I dropped it on ground, so I disassembled it and found out, that volume button cable is actually soldered to motherboard in normal condition. In my case, it has detached with pads, so motherboard circuit is now broken to the point that volume button cable cannot be soldered again to motherboard (metals won't stick anymore).

Consequently, now I cannot get into recovery or download mode in case something goes wrong. Any ideas what to do? Is replacing a motherboard the only option?
 
 
19th June 2014, 10:13 AM |#2  
KingWickedd's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 51
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krneki10

Volume button on my Nexus stopped working after I dropped it on ground, so I disassembled it and found out, that volume button cable is actually soldered to motherboard in normal condition. In my case, it has detached with pads, so motherboard circuit is now broken to the point that volume button cable cannot be soldered again to motherboard (metals won't stick anymore).

Consequently, now I cannot get into recovery or download mode in case something goes wrong. Any ideas what to do? Is replacing a motherboard the only option?

probably, you can go to recovery using adb and better flash twrp because it has touch controls rather than hardware button controls.
19th June 2014, 10:21 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWickedd

probably, you can go to recovery using adb and better flash twrp because it has touch controls rather than hardware button controls.

Would you mind telling me how, perhaps with a link to tutorial?
19th June 2014, 10:33 AM |#4  
KingWickedd's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 51
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krneki10

Would you mind telling me how, perhaps with a link to tutorial?

Connect your device to ur pc with usb debugging "on" and open adb and type the following

adb reboot boot loader ---> for bootloader

adb reboot recovery ----> for recovery

adb reboot ---> simple reboot


Or you could go to developer options and enable "advanced reboot" option. using this, you probably can reboot into recover/bootloader directly from the phone.
just longpress the power button, click reboot and then it should ask you to select between recovery/bootloader/simple reboot
19th June 2014, 12:49 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWickedd

Connect your device to ur pc with usb debugging "on" and open adb and type the following

adb reboot boot loader ---> for bootloader

adb reboot recovery ----> for recovery

adb reboot ---> simple reboot


Or you could go to developer options and enable "advanced reboot" option. using this, you probably can reboot into recover/bootloader directly from the phone.
just longpress the power button, click reboot and then it should ask you to select between recovery/bootloader/simple reboot

But what about in case if I get bootloop by flashing faulty kernel or ROM? In that case, there is no way getting in download mode or recovery to reflash it.
20th June 2014, 06:04 AM |#6  
KingWickedd's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 51
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krneki10

But what about in case if I get bootloop by flashing faulty kernel or ROM? In that case, there is no way getting in download mode or recovery to reflash it.

exactly...
what i replied is just a workaround, its not a full solution.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes