Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,386 Members 38,512 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] VZW Galaxy Nexus 4.2.2(JB) going to 4.4.2(KK) what's needed?

Tip us?

Big Cam
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 125
Question [Q] VZW Galaxy Nexus 4.2.2(JB) going to 4.4.2(KK) what's needed?

Hello, I moved onto a Note 3 but I recently took my VZW Galaxy Nexus out of the drawer it was in and I am going to use it as a secondary device at home on wifi only.

I'm rooted and running a 4.2.2 ROM, can I simply flash a Kit Kat ROM?

On the Note 3 there was a very specific process to upgrade involving flashing firmware update in odin.

Is anything like that required here or can I just flash a KK ROM like any other ROM?

Thanks in advance for the help. I feel like I should know this but when I went from ISC to JR back in the day, I took the VZW update and just maintained root with supersu pro.
Droid1 >> LG Revolution >> Galaxy Nexus>>Note 3

DR3W5K1
Old
Thanks Meter 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Cam View Post
Hello, I moved onto a Note 3 but I recently took my VZW Galaxy Nexus out of the drawer it was in and I am going to use it as a secondary device at home on wifi only.

I'm rooted and running a 4.2.2 ROM, can I simply flash a Kit Kat ROM?

On the Note 3 there was a very specific process to upgrade involving flashing firmware update in odin.

Is anything like that required here or can I just flash a KK ROM like any other ROM?

Thanks in advance for the help. I feel like I should know this but when I went from ISC to JR back in the day, I took the VZW update and just maintained root with supersu pro.
Make sure you have the latest recovery twrp or cwm. Also make sure to use kitkat gapps. Everything thing will just work like normal as far as installing.
The Following User Says Thank You to DR3W5K1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Big Cam
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 125
Thanks much. I was hoping it'd be this easy.
Droid1 >> LG Revolution >> Galaxy Nexus>>Note 3