Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,470 Members 40,576 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[VZW/SPRINT/GSM][Guide] Ultimate Galaxy Nexus Guide (Unlock/Root/Flash Roms/FAQ)

Tip us?

GodPriapus
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubakuba View Post
Wrong gapps.
Boot into recovery and push the correct.zip
Thank you Jubakuba!

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply to you - i work 12 hour days + an hours travel to work and then another hour travel back home. by the time i get home i just eat and sleep.

i have been using a dumb phone more or less all week and have now managed to solve the problem thanks to your help! THANK YOU!!

one last question before i call it a night and get some sleep: i would like to purge all my data on my phone, what would be the best way to do this, and if i did this, would i lose root?

is rooting the same process in 4.1.2 and 4.2.2? i think i read somewhere on XDA that 4.2.2 you have to update something in order to use adb again, but am unsure at the moment - my mind is not really fresh and i am a bit foggy.

would i have to push the ROM onto device to reflash it? or can i drag and drop via windows? i have managed to pull all my data via adb already (damn that took a long time!)

i am hoping i am making some sense but if not i will edit/clear up anything that wasn't understandable tomorrow after i wake.

Thank you once again.

razi914
Old
Thanks Meter 123
hi, i friend has a galaxy nexus , he wants to update, but ota method aint working,, so i adviced him to root and flash rom bla bla bla,,,, so ,im asking ,this method works on stock 4.1.1 jro03c build?
Device : Nexus 4

m1nz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have a GT-I9250 on 4.2.2 jelly Offical ROM. I am trying to look for recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.2.3-maguro.img as i cant seem to download it from clockwork. Also what is the best custom rom for the device which is stable using 4.2.2 jelly bean

m1nz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1nz View Post
I have a GT-I9250 on 4.2.2 jelly Offical ROM. I am trying to look for recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.2.3-maguro.img as i cant seem to download it from clockwork. Also what is the best custom rom for the device which is stable using 4.2.2 jelly bean
Any Update

milindsmart
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Question Stock recovery instead of CWM to root?

Awesome sticky

Can I use stock recovery itself to install SuperSU.zip instead of CWM, if I'm not interested in custom ROMs at the moment?

Thanks

dipesssss
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default phone not switching on

i was trying to send an apk file through MyAppSharer via bluetooth. as soon as i tried to send the phone got switched off and was showing the nexus logo.
now the phone isnt turning on. it turns on till the nexus logo. after that nothing. plz help asap.

McSkullough
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Default Devices not attaching

I just went through the process of rooting my phone (drivers, bootloader, cwm) and when I open the toolkit now my device isn't showing up in ADB or FASTBOOT mode. Am I 100% rooted?

efrant
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 8,074

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [VZW/SPRINT/GSM][Guide] Ultimate Galaxy Nexus Guide (Unlock/Root/Flash Roms/FAQ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by milindsmart View Post
Awesome sticky

Can I use stock recovery itself to install SuperSU.zip instead of CWM, if I'm not interested in custom ROMs at the moment?

Thanks
No.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
At present, I am not readily available on the forums or via PM -- if you are in need of a moderator, please contact someone from this list.

I do NOT answer technical questions via PM. Post in a thread.

Google Nexus 5

XDA Forum Rules & Moderator List

WHAT MATTERS IS UNDERSTANDING THE JOURNEY...

JanuszGrygor
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default need asistance

hi Group, i have verizon Galaxy Nexus, and working on installing call recorder
yesterday i got the latest tools to root my phone ( i made a donation, got the code and the rest)
did this all nice and sweet
now i can't find the kernel 2-way recording patch

Requires the kernel with 2-way call recording patch and ROOT permissions:
- Galaxy Nexus (alsa required)

please help me with this.
thanks

efrant
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 8,074

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanuszGrygor View Post
hi Group, i have verizon Galaxy Nexus, and working on installing call recorder
yesterday i got the latest tools to root my phone ( i made a donation, got the code and the rest)
did this all nice and sweet
now i can't find the kernel 2-way recording patch

Requires the kernel with 2-way call recording patch and ROOT permissions:
- Galaxy Nexus (alsa required)

please help me with this.
thanks
You don't need a custom kernel. Just install both ALSA and CallRecorder and make sure CallRecorder is set to use ALSA.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
At present, I am not readily available on the forums or via PM -- if you are in need of a moderator, please contact someone from this list.

I do NOT answer technical questions via PM. Post in a thread.

Google Nexus 5

XDA Forum Rules & Moderator List

WHAT MATTERS IS UNDERSTANDING THE JOURNEY...