Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,143 Members 52,173 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Waiting for device no matter what

Tip us?

5imp7y
Old
(Last edited by 5imp7y; 25th February 2013 at 08:06 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Smile Waiting for device no matter what

I have installed and reinstalled the usb drivers like 4 times with reboots in between. I was about to root, but after root i cant do anything. The main thing i want to do is flash a custom rom. I have the gnex tool kit, it says waiting for device (option 6), and the most recent drivers are from that toolkit. I tried command pront, Fastboot reboot-bootloader, it says waiting for device. I tried adb flash recovery recovery.img it says waiting for device. I tried 2 different cables and all my usb ports on my computer.

Im at a loss. I can still transfer files from my computer to my device. My computer detects it just none of these commands... god i wish i had an sd card slot... lol

Edit:
I also tried putting it inot fastboot mode by pressing the power and wolume up / down keys. It goes to the screen and says start. All commands still say waiting for device.

I feel like this is a driver issue but idk why.... i have tried all drivers...........

i have a samsung galaxy nexus l515 verizon cdma.
Thanks!

Esteway.619
Old
Thanks Meter 1327
Default Re: Waiting for device no matter what

Do u have USB debugging on?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

5imp7y
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteway.619 View Post
Do u have USB debugging on?

Yeah usb debugging is enabled.

Esteway.619
Old
Thanks Meter 1327

Unplug your phone from computer install the drivers from Samsung's website. (Google USB drivers for galaxy nexus i515) reboot computer and try again. Maybe u should install android SDK with adb and do it manually instead of using a toolkit. Those cause problems.

beekay201
Old
(Last edited by beekay201; 25th February 2013 at 06:17 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1119

Its a driver problem, for sure. OP, stop being lazy please, learn from this here, and after that, like Zepius says, put your big boys pants on and do it like this

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app
hammerhead/omni-KTU84P/stock#3.4.0/M8974A-2.0.50.1.13
maguro/aosp-KRT16O/custom#3.0.101/XXLJ1
manta/omni-KTU84P/custom#3.4.39
XDA forum rules here
bug report? logcat and /proc/kmsg, or it "never happened".
How TO Ask questions on the Internet
aosp-maguro READFIRST here (credit: efrant)
aosp-gnex READSECOND here (credit: efrant)

5imp7y
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

Ohhh the universal naked drivers. I never even thought of that. Actually i did. I have installed them same issue. I have fallowed the instructions in your first link prior to starting this thread. I appreciate the help but your attempt to call me lazy is wrong. Still unable to flash cwm or anything from the computer however i was able to flash cwrm touch today after buying the rom manager premium. Still doesnt explain why i cannot do it from my computer. Mind you i attempted this on my laptop (slackerware) and i did still have issues.

I think it is somthing with the port on my phone ror maybe somthing else. Regardless, im not lazy for i do know where google is and how to abuse all of her abilities. I know where the forum search button is also.

Drivers i have tried.
Naked nexus drivers
Windows native drivers
Slackerware mobile drivers
Samsung drivers
And what ever the gnex tool kit installs. No matter what i get waiting for device...

Sent from my GT-N8013 using xda app-developers app

Petrovski80
Old
Thanks Meter 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5imp7y View Post
I have installed and reinstalled the usb drivers like 4 times with reboots in between. I was about to root, but after root i cant do anything. The main thing i want to do is flash a custom rom. I have the gnex tool kit, it says waiting for device (option 6), and the most recent drivers are from that toolkit. I tried command pront, Fastboot reboot-bootloader, it says waiting for device. I tried adb flash recovery recovery.img it says waiting for device. I tried 2 different cables and all my usb ports on my computer.

Im at a loss. I can still transfer files from my computer to my device. My computer detects it just none of these commands... god i wish i had an sd card slot... lol

Edit:
I also tried putting it inot fastboot mode by pressing the power and wolume up / down keys. It goes to the screen and says start. All commands still say waiting for device.

I feel like this is a driver issue but idk why.... i have tried all drivers...........

i have a samsung galaxy nexus l515 verizon cdma.
Thanks!
Are you confusing adb with fastboot, or was "adb flash recovery recovery.img" a typo? Anyway, forget the toolkit. Get adb/fastboot binaries from the 101 & FAQ, and try:

1) booted into Android: adb devices
This should list your device with a number. If the list is empty, adb cannot interface with your gnex.

2) booted into the bootloader: fastboot devices
This should also list your device with a number. If the list is empty, fastboot cannot interface with your gnex.

Note that the adb and the fastboot interface are different. If you installed drivers and got adb running, this does not automatically make fastboot working. Boot into fastboot, connect and use device manager to scout for unknown devices. Update using naked driver if necessary.
Current phone
Model: Motorola Moto G | ROM: Cyanogenmod 11 | Recovery: PhilZ recovery

Phone history
Philips Diga | Motorola V3690 | Nokia 3310 | Nokia 3510 | Siemens S35 | Samsung D720 | SonyEricsson T630 | HTC Touch Diamond | Nokia 3500 classic | Nokia 6700 classic | Nokia N97 mini | Samsung Galaxy Ace | Samsung Galaxy Nexus | LG Nexus 5

Zepius
Old
Thanks Meter 1072
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5imp7y View Post
im not lazy

And what ever the gnex tool kit installs. No matter what i get waiting for device...
you are lazy. you're relying on a toolkit.

please root your phone the manual way, or at least try fastboot alone so we actually know what the problem is.
Go back to stock on your nexus 5 using this guide: here

Tired of paying too much money for your phone plan? go prepaid!

Save money on refills for your prepaid plans: Use Callingmart

-Zep

5imp7y
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

Thanks yeah that was a typo. I have the adroid bianarys. Adb and fastboot. I was typing. Fastboot reboot bootloader to try and get gnex tools to see the device. No luck.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using XDA Premium HD app

5imp7y
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

I did root without the tool kit...? I was trying all possabilities to flash cwrm touch before i created a thread. I realize there was a typo in the op. I AM rooted but i had no recovery. Sorry for the confusion.

I rooted manually no problems. Problems arose post root. This can be marked as solved for buying the app fixed my issue. With recovery i can flash roms on the device. No need for a computer anymore. Thanks to those who didnt attack me and make me cry. To those who did well... thanks anyways....

Sent from my GT-N8013 using XDA Premium HD app