Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,562 Members 37,805 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No OS- ADB wont work, and no recovery- Stuck :(

Tip us?

andrewb71
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default No OS- ADB wont work, and no recovery- Stuck :(

Hello everyone, been a while since I have been on this site.

I am in a dilemma which I hope you guys can help me with.

I have a samsung galaxy nexus, and I just wiped the phone. But there is no recovery, so I have no OS atm.I have tried the Android Toolkit, however, everytime I try using it I get problems. It says , " waiting for adb mode" . I downloaded SDK and have runned the adb.exe file, but a command prompt pops up, and a bunch of stuff pops up and scrolls down, and then it closes. It does nothing.

I have read that my drivers for ADB are not installed properly or whatever. So I tried uninstalling them from " device manager" and I tried reinstalling them. That didnt work. I tried uninstalling again and than downloaded a samsung galaxy nexus usb adb driver, which also did not work.

I just want to be able to place a ROM on my phone from the computer. If I can get that far, I can install it from recovery mode. But I cant even get it fully detected on my computer. Whenever I plug in the USB, it detects it, but drivers fail.

Also, in device manager, the universal serial bus controller, SM bus controller, and ethernet controller all have a yellow triangle over them. They always fail to install..

I have tried updating them from the device manager. But that has failed aswell..

Please someone help me. I am at a dead end and unsure what to do.

-Andrew

mrgnex
Old
Thanks Meter 270
Try a different cable or different drivers. And please learn to use adb yourself and stop using toolkits.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app
SΛMSUNG/Google Galaxy Nexus
ROM: Vanir Nightly
Kernel: A.S.K.P. Patty Remix

SΛMSUNG/Google Nexus 10
ROM: Vanir Nightly
Kernel: Stock Vanir

Godra
Old
Thanks Meter 302
Can you enter in bootloader?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
G2 CloudyStock
Galaxy Nexus LiquidSmooth DirtyV SOLD
Xperia X8 Mini CM10 Nightly nAa-jb-kernel

andrewb71
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I can go into bootloader and recovery mode. I also tried a different computer and usb. It looks like its a bit better now because it actually says Galaxy nexus, instead of android device. However, I still cant go into ADB mode.

Everywhere I go, people say you need to enable debugging....but I dont have an OS. I am stuck in recovery or fast bootmode.

In the meanwhile, I tried installing zip file via sideload using Android Toolkit by skipsoft.( option 16) ....it looked like it was going to actually work...but it didnt. It says i dont have a recovery for TWRP or any of the other options.

Godra
Old
Thanks Meter 302
You need to install fastboot drivers, and download 4.3 (or any you like) Google factory image for maguro. Flash that image, and install prefered custom recovery

G2 CloudyStock

andrewb71
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I downloaded the fastboot usb drivers, however, I am not sure what to do with them.

Here's a pic of the files. I also download the adb files, and installed them, even though it said I had existing files.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	usb.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	2609868  

Godra
Old
Thanks Meter 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb71 View Post
I downloaded the fastboot usb drivers, however, I am not sure what to do with them.

Here's a pic of the files. I also download the adb files, and installed them, even though it said I had existing files.
Enter bootloader on phone and connect it to PC. Phone probably wont be recognized. After that go to Device manager and find your phone ( as I remember it will say Android 1.0 or something similar), right click on it and press Update driver. In new dialog it will ask you whether you want to automaticly find drivers or manually. Press manually and select that usb_driver folder.

G2 CloudyStock