[Q] Whatsapp Custom ROM Issue

Search This thread

intensegamer1

Apr 9, 2014
I flashed and installed latest 4.4.2 nightly build by Pac and most of the apps seem to be working fine except whatsapp. After installing whatsapp on newly loaded ROM, it fails at the verification step. I have also tried taking App+Data backup through Titanium from my stock rom where Whatsapp is getting verified and then working without any issues. After restoring the app/ app+data/ data only on the newly loaded custom ROM Whatsapp skips verification step but I am not able to receive any new messages. Later on, I faced the same problem when I flashed to Parandroid's latest 4.4.2 build. Any solution/fix to this issue?

intensegamer1

Apr 9, 2014
Fixed

I flashed and installed latest 4.4.2 nightly build by Pac and most of the apps seem to be working fine except whatsapp. After installing whatsapp on newly loaded ROM, it fails at the verification step. I have also tried taking App+Data backup through Titanium from my stock rom where Whatsapp is getting verified and then working without any issues. After restoring the app/ app+data/ data only on the newly loaded custom ROM Whatsapp skips verification step but I am not able to receive any new messages. Later on, I faced the same problem when I flashed to Parandroid's latest 4.4.2 build. Any solution/fix to this issue?

Never mind guys! Got it working, apparently I needed to verify my mobile no. on Hangouts (default sms app) first.