OP hgmichna

20th August 2014, 10:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 37

203 posts
Donate to Me
More
Has anybody managed to activate a swapfile on the Galaxy Nexus with CyanogenMod 11? If yes, how did you do it?

Technical background

On my Galaxy Nexus with the current CyanogenMod installer version, equivalent to CM 11 M8, I believe, and all Google stuff active, free RAM sinks very low after a week or two. I often experience free RAM below 100 MB.

This means that apps get kicked out due to lack of RAM when I try to have a couple of background apps running, for example while driving.
Last edited by hgmichna; 20th August 2014 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Restructured, no new information
24th August 2014, 01:47 AM   |  #2  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 125

170 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgmichna

Has anybody managed to activate a swapfile on the Galaxy Nexus with CyanogenMod 11? If yes, how did you do it?

Technical background

On my Galaxy Nexus with the current CyanogenMod installer version, equivalent to CM 11 M8, I believe, and all Google stuff active, free RAM sinks very low after a week or two. I often experience free RAM below 100 MB.

This means that apps get kicked out due to lack of RAM when I try to have a couple of background apps running, for example while driving.

I would try a custom kernel first. They usually come with RAM-enhancing features (like memory reclaim from the system reserved portion). I was experiencing similar symptoms on Paranoid Android before.

My recommendation: Fancy Kernel w/ ZRAM enabled - seems to solve my RAM issues pretty well.
The Following User Says Thank You to FredFS456 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ram swap swapfile
Previous Thread Next Thread