Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,079 Members 51,588 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] The WORST battery life for 3800 mah battery

Tip us?

MonstaSaleens
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgnex View Post
I manage to get 3 hr sot and 1 day uptime with vanir and its stock kernel. Maybe the gpu @512 mhz and the "power hungry" io scheduler are killing it. Try some tweaking. A diffrent governor and tunables. Try Nephilims settings.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Free mobile app
Vanir has always been so bad with battery life for me. Stock battery and extended. Dies in 1 hour for stock battery. And dies in about 2-3 hours with extended. Very little sot. About 20 min

jkleo
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonstaSaleens View Post
It was $10 on eBay is that legit? XD and I managed to get 3 hours screen on time with this battery before. Now I can't. And this battery doesn't have a company name 😱
Wow I don't think it's very legit. It could be just above 2000mAh in real life and then couldn't hold as much charge after a while that's why the battery drained so fast. Not to mention the risks of using dodgy batteries [emoji46]

I think I bought mine from a Korean eBay seller for at least $30 or more. The battery is also NFC-enabled and comes with a back that added a bit of thickness so most gel cases could fit.

---------- Post added at 01:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 AM ----------

One other thing to note is that even with genuine batteries they will start to lose charge or can't hold charge like it used to after 2-3 years. That's why I think phones with removable batteries are better especially if you plan to use them for up to 5 years. You can just get a new battery after 2-3 years
The Following User Says Thank You to jkleo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MonstaSaleens
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkleo View Post
Wow I don't think it's very legit. It could be just above 2000mAh in real life and then couldn't hold as much charge after a while that's why the battery drained so fast. Not to mention the risks of using dodgy batteries [emoji46]

I think I bought mine from a Korean eBay seller for at least $30 or more. The battery is also NFC-enabled and comes with a back that added a bit of thickness so most gel cases could fit.

---------- Post added at 01:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 AM ----------

One other thing to note is that even with genuine batteries they will start to lose charge or can't hold charge like it used to after 2-3 years. That's why I think phones with removable batteries are better especially if you plan to use them for up to 5 years. You can just get a new battery after 2-3 years
I'm not really worried about this that much. Because I will be having an upgrade in august. So I guess I'll keep this battery I have. But I am getting decent battery right now with pacman ROM with stock kernel. With some init.d battery tweaks built into the ROM. And using app opps

jkleo
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonstaSaleens View Post
I'm not really worried about this that much. Because I will be having an upgrade in august. So I guess I'll keep this battery I have. But I am getting decent battery right now with pacman ROM with stock kernel. With some init.d battery tweaks built into the ROM. And using app opps
That's good. Just hold on till August then! [emoji106]
The Following User Says Thank You to jkleo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]