FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[Q] Yakju to Takju

194 posts
Thanks Meter: 23
 
By shahravi94, Senior Member on 24th April 2012, 05:25 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Since the new takju gsm galaxy nexus came out today, google released the factory images for it. If you flash these takju images onto a yakju phone, will it convert the phone to a takju?
 
 
24th April 2012, 07:16 PM |#2  
krohnjw's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Plainfield
Thanks Meter: 535
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahravi94

Since the new takju gsm galaxy nexus came out today, google released the factory images for it. If you flash these takju images onto a yakju phone, will it convert the phone to a takju?

Yes....
24th April 2012, 08:38 PM |#3  
iGoogleNexus's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 281
 
More
Let's see who does it by tonight =]

- Google Galaxy Nexus
24th April 2012, 08:40 PM |#4  
shahravi94's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
thanks guys!
according to this http://www.androidcentral.com/new-an...ailable-online and krohnjw it should work!
24th April 2012, 09:41 PM |#5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 55
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGoogleNexus

Let's see who does it by tonight =]

- Google Galaxy Nexus

I did just now and it works great! no problems
24th April 2012, 09:42 PM |#6  
martonikaj's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 1,715
 
More
Of course it works great. There's probably no benefit to it, considering that you can just get Wallet from the Play Store now.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to martonikaj For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2012, 09:53 PM |#7  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 24,582
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by martonikaj

Of course it works great. There's probably no benefit to it, considering that you can just get Wallet from the Play Store now.

I can already get that on a yakju build.
24th April 2012, 10:10 PM |#8  
efrant's Avatar
Senior Moderator
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 8,866
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahravi94

Since the new takju gsm galaxy nexus came out today, google released the factory images for it. If you flash these takju images onto a yakju phone, will it convert the phone to a takju?

Just to clarify: there are no yakju devices or takju devices or yakjuxw devices, etc. There are maguro devices and there are toro devices. yakju/takju/yakjuux/etc are made to run on maguro devices, so they are interchangeable. mysid is made to run on toro.
The Following User Says Thank You to efrant For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2012, 10:36 PM |#9  
krohnjw's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Plainfield
Thanks Meter: 535
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iGoogleNexus

Let's see who does it by tonight =]

- Google Galaxy Nexus

I did it this morning, no issues (unsurprisingly, it's the same hardware).
24th April 2012, 10:38 PM |#10  
Levi strauss's Avatar
Member
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by krohnjw

I did it this morning, no issues (unsurprisingly, it's the same hardware).

What would be the benefits of flashing Takju?. Does it get faster data speeds?.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
24th April 2012, 10:42 PM |#11  
martonikaj's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 1,715
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi strauss

What would be the benefits of flashing Takju?. Does it get faster data speeds?.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

It is literally 99.99% the same (radio, everything). It just has Google Wallet preloaded. But like I said it doesn't really matter considering you can download it from the Play Store uninhibited now.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes