Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,479 Members 37,328 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ACS] [How to] Root, Unroot, Hotspot, Roms, Tips and more! (12 videos) 5/18/12

Tip us?

iwantyourskulls
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I got bored and went ahead and updated the boot.img etc to add root to stock jellybean. I flashed and tested with Root Checker from the market. Feel free to use and update OP. This will only work with jb, it will not boot with ics.
Attached Files
File Type: zip torosp-root-tool-jb.iwantyourskulls.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.90 MB, 85 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iwantyourskulls For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AnaBear
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi just rooted my gnexus as followed by qbking videos and once he says "now you are rooted the phone will reboot, please allow it to take time to reboot" well now its stuck at the main screen where it says google and has the unlock button at the bottom and its been already 25 minutes any advice?

iwantyourskulls
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Did you update to Jellybean before you rooted? The files he linked are for Ice Cream Sandwich and will not work with Jellybean. Try flashing my attachment above.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

k0lega
Old
Thanks Meter 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantyourskulls View Post
I got bored and went ahead and updated the boot.img etc to add root to stock jellybean. I flashed and tested with Root Checker from the market. Feel free to use and update OP. This will only work with jb, it will not boot with ics.

I really appreciate this post I just got a GNex and updated to 4.1.1. Happy someone updated the img. Thanks
nexus5

AnaBear
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantyourskulls View Post
Did you update to Jellybean before you rooted? The files he linked are for Ice Cream Sandwich and will not work with Jellybean. Try flashing my attachment above.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
Thank you I will try to flash that one but now is another issue I came across I try to go back and flash that old one and now I'm getting the triangle with the "!" on it so I can't go into recovery mode. Any advice on that thanks in advance.

AnaBear
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Never mind its been fixed. Finally rooted. Thanks again team. Is there an update for getting free hotspot because the video that I followed is not working any other methods? Thanks.

boneskid1
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Is there root for the stock 4.2 yet? Or do I need to unroot and re-root
Current Phone: Gnex 4g lte
Owner of a 32gb nexus 7
Old Phone: HTC Touch Pro 2 ACL NANDROID OMGB

Trident
Old
(Last edited by Trident; 29th November 2012 at 05:59 AM.)
Thanks Meter 101
I can't even install SDK Manager.
I click on the exe and I see a quick flash of a program and then nothing. I tried to run as Admin and same thing.
My GS3 was easier than this. My friends with non-Sprint GNexs said theirs came unlocked. Boo hoo.
I do have JB already installed, but that should have nothing to do with installing something on my PC.
Ooooo. Don't flame me yet. I just saw the next download in the list... I have a feeling JAVA is going to fix it all.

Fixed. Maybe put some of these instructions in the OP? I doesn't say anything about it in the video... just in the description.
Peace,
Trident

Using a Sprint GalaxyNexus for work and LG G2 for personal.
[Feel free to press the Thanks button if I helped you- I'll do the same.
Loving my new connection-

AnaBear
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hey guys I'm on stock root and its time to update but every time I hit install now it takes me back to boot loader and nothing happens. Any advice thanks in advance.