Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,178 Members 52,048 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[AOSPA - 4.2.2] PARANOIDANDROID 3.68 (HALO) [Toroplus] 18-JUL-2013

Tip us?
 
Blokgang
Old
#1991  
Blokgang's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 375
Join Date: Sep 2010
Default Re: [ROM] PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 RC [AOSP 4.2.1 Based - Toroplus] [Hybrid] 09-FEB-2013

Nope.. The problem still exists... I even totally unrooted and went back to stock. MMS still seems to work on stock. I'm not sure if I flash a custom rom if it will work since I need to update the profile to get MMS to work

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
 
jesusice
Old
#1992  
jesusice's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1037
Posts: 3,022
Join Date: Dec 2010
Default Re: [ROM] PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 RC [AOSP 4.2.1 Based - Toroplus] [Hybrid] 09-FEB-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blokgang View Post
Nope.. The problem still exists... I even totally unrooted and went back to stock. MMS still seems to work on stock. I'm not sure if I flash a custom rom if it will work since I need to update the profile to get MMS to work

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
It's not the ROM and going back to stock isn't really a fix for anything.

Are you following the directions in the OP precisely? Using the PA Gapps as instructed? Flashing anything else? Trying to update on an Airrave? You post is somewhat unclear, are you saying you still couldn't update profile while on stock? If so did you try calling Sprint?
 
Blokgang
Old
#1993  
Blokgang's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 375
Join Date: Sep 2010
Default Re: [ROM] PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 RC [AOSP 4.2.1 Based - Toroplus] [Hybrid] 09-FEB-2013

Yeah I have tried updating over WiFi at the sprint store..I have talked to a few sprint reps who clearly are baffled when I tell them error code 1. One of them went as far as saying there's a tower problem but my wife's gnex updates just fine.

The only think I could think of is that I deleted one of the many underlying android folders in sdcard/0/legacy/emulated blah blah but I wouldnt think that would have an effect

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
 
DWake014
Old
(Last edited by DWake014; 23rd February 2013 at 11:05 PM.)
#1994  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 389
Join Date: Mar 2010
Tried putting this on my wife's GNex, with the latest TWRP, but even after 5-6 mins it will not boot. Completely wiped coming from CarbonRom, then I flashed this ROM, then PA gapps. I am trying to boot back into TWRP but it will not boot into Recovery. Any help on this is appreciated!
MoPho
 
tomzefi
Old
#1995  
tomzefi's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1176
Posts: 2,551
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: phoenix, arizona

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROM] PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 RC [AOSP 4.2.1 Based - Toroplus] [Hybrid] 09-FEB-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWake014 View Post
Tried putting this on my wife's GNex, with the latest TWRP, but even after 5-6 mins it will not boot. Completely wiped coming from CarbonRom, then I flashed this ROM, then PA gapps. I am trying to boot back into TWRP but it will not boot into Recovery. Any help on this is appreciated!
Some how you wiped your recovery. You no how to use adb?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
 
DWake014
Old
#1996  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 389
Join Date: Mar 2010
A bit, I am also not able to get into download mode, will that be an issue?
MoPho
 
tomzefi
Old
#1997  
tomzefi's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1176
Posts: 2,551
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: phoenix, arizona

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROM] PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 RC [AOSP 4.2.1 Based - Toroplus] [Hybrid] 09-FEB-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWake014 View Post
A bit, I am also not able to get into download mode, will that be an issue?
Oh shoot. That's a problem. Eeven for Odin you need that. Sounds like you have a hardware issue. If you have insurance just send it to sprint.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
 
blankit
Old
#1998  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 89
Posts: 826
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default Re: [ROM] PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 RC [AOSP 4.2.1 Based - Toroplus] [Hybrid] 09-FEB-2013

When is 4.2.2 coming out for this ROM ?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
 
Asmodicus
Old
#1999  
Asmodicus's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 665
Posts: 484
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankit View Post
When is 4.2.2 coming out for this ROM ?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
Don't ask for ETA's. It will be ready when it's ready.
Device: Nexus 5
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Asmodicus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jesusice
Old
#2000  
jesusice's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1037
Posts: 3,022
Join Date: Dec 2010
Default Re: [ROM] PARANOIDANDROID 3.0 RC [AOSP 4.2.1 Based - Toroplus] [Hybrid] 09-FEB-2013

Some light reading for those waiting: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1863547

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes