Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,225 Members 53,499 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[CWM][FASTBOOT][OTA Fix] Fixed Radios FC12 FD02 for Sprint Galaxy Nexus

Tip us?

joypunk
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtogami View Post
What broke OTA?
In short, this was the forum community's fault.
The initial leaked FC12 factory restore has a LTE radio image that does not match the radio that shipped on the Sprint Galaxy Nexus. As a result, the FD02 OTA upgrade fails. Please stop bothering Sprint stores for phone repairs/replacements.. Fortunately you can now easily fix these issues with the heavily tested downloads available from the link above. Please verify the md5sums before you attempt to flash with either fastboot, CWM or TWRP.
For what it's worth, I have a stock phone with unlocked bootloader and root and the OTA fails for me. I never flashed the FC12 radios, I never flashed any ROMs. I got the OTA yesterday and it fails with Status 7.

Surtr52
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by joypunk View Post
For what it's worth, I have a stock phone with unlocked bootloader and root and the OTA fails for me. I never flashed the FC12 radios, I never flashed any ROMs. I got the OTA yesterday and it fails with Status 7.
Same here, Stock sprint Gnex, Unlocked and rooted. But failed the OTA update.

meatgel
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by joypunk View Post
I had the same issue -- unlocked but never installed other radios, everything stock. I even went back to locked stock by odin and still couldn't get the OTA. I called Sprint and the guy told me to go to the store. The store tried the OTA and it failed. That tech told me they had an email that said many people had issues installing the OTA but they couldn't manually update until May 17th.

They ended up swapping the phone for me and we updated it right there in the store.

The bonus was that I had spent about $5 of my Google wallet money and when I set up the new phone I got the whole $10 again.

Paleryder
Old
Thanks Meter 123

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatgel View Post
I had the same issue -- unlocked but never installed other radios, everything stock. I even went back to locked stock by odin and still couldn't get the OTA. I called Sprint and the guy told me to go to the store. The store tried the OTA and it failed. That tech told me they had an email that said many people had issues installing the OTA but they couldn't manually update until May 17th.

They ended up swapping the phone for me and we updated it right there in the store.

The bonus was that I had spent about $5 of my Google wallet money and when I set up the new phone I got the whole $10 again.
You got lucky I cant see them replacing phones for that. The root method you used I would be curious about as well as it probably altered system files that were to be updated.

meatgel
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleryder View Post
You got lucky I cant see them replacing phones for that. The root method you used I would be curious about as well as it probably altered system files that were to be updated.
I used the GNEX toolkit to root, so if that's the problem a lot more people would be having it. Plus I returned to stock with ODIN, wouldn't that put it back to stock with no altered system files?

Paleryder
Old
(Last edited by Paleryder; 4th May 2012 at 11:58 PM.)
Thanks Meter 123

DONATE TO ME
What I have been reading the radios were either corrupt or a different version that was originally shipped.I'm assuming the Odin radios were having the same issue. The official CM9 peeps have posted correct radios

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

yungfresh
Old
Thanks Meter 6
If I am on AOKP Rom, should I update to FD02?

dgafking
Old
Thanks Meter 0
holy hell thank you guys so much for this helped me out!

Paleryder
Old
(Last edited by Paleryder; 5th May 2012 at 09:47 AM.)
Thanks Meter 123

DONATE TO ME
I was on Skank CM9 Kand with FD01 radios. I flashed these FD12 radios restored a stock nandroid I made and fastboot flashed a stock radio IMG it worked perfectly and I recieved the full update. Thanks

Odd issue im having after a fastboot oem unlock and a sucessful twrp 2.1.2 toro plus recovery flash it wont stick keeps reverting to stock recovery.
I did reboot into system before installing and then flash. I was even able to make a nandroid but after booting into recovery Im back on a stock recovery :/

any ideas
ty

jesusice
Old
Thanks Meter 1037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleryder View Post
I was on Skank CM9 Kand with FD01 radios. I flashed these FD12 radios restored a stock nandroid I made and fastboot flashed a stock radio IMG it worked perfectly and I recieved the full update. Thanks

Odd issue im having after a fastboot oem unlock and a sucessful twrp 2.1.2 toro plus recovery flash it wont stick keeps reverting to stock recovery.
I did reboot into system before installing and then flash. I was even able to make a nandroid but after booting into recovery Im back on a stock recovery :/

any ideas
ty
On the stock ROM there is a script that restores stock recovery upon reboot. I believe it's in /system named recovery-from-boot. Either erase that file or rename it to recovery-from-boot.bak.

The Following User Says Thank You to jesusice For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]