Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,713 Members 38,965 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

how to disable rotation delay?

Tip us?

dreamwave
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50

DONATE TO ME
Default how to disable rotation delay?

I've heard that there has been a delay that has been purposefully implemented into android that delays autorotation for a small amount of time, I want to remove this and make autorotation instant, make it happen as soon as it can be rendered by the cpu. This is maybe the only thing that I want that apple users have. Is there some number in some file I can change to do this, or is it a little harder than that?
If I helped you in any way, just remember that the thanks button won't bite the tail off of your cursor if you click on it
While you can't buy me a beer because I can't have them, you can help me get a oneplus one! Every donation counts!(Plz help me get one so I can have something fun and new to develop on!)

erickr13
Old
Thanks Meter 27

DONATE TO ME
I guess since our GNexus devices is not officially supported by KK from Google, there is no way to make it happen without a code (Build.prop code) made by Google. Also remember that the dual-core at 1.2 GHZ TI CPU can not keep up (In some ways) to KitKat builds and features. I checked with the builds from 4.3 over to 4.0 and the rotation seems fine to me. The problem is just on KK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamwave View Post
I've heard that there has been a delay that has been purposefully implemented into android that delays autorotation for a small amount of time, I want to remove this and make autorotation instant, make it happen as soon as it can be rendered by the cpu. This is maybe the only thing that I want that apple users have. Is there some number in some file I can change to do this, or is it a little harder than that?
I will be glad to be your tester. Service is free

I just test ROMs for my "Current Devices" and apps. Feel free to PM me if you want me to test for you.

CURRENT DEVICES

Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Running whichever ROM I am asking ETAs in
HTC EVO 4G- Retired (Broken; If it gets to boot up again, it will run on DigitalKarma V9 2.3.5)

dreamwave
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50

DONATE TO ME
the thing is it was exactly the same way on jb and ics, I get the normal animation running an m7 build of cm. I've overclocked my cpu to 1.4ghz, sometimes even faster. I get the exact same thing on my s3, I'm sure it's an artificial limitation instead of just a capability issue.
If I helped you in any way, just remember that the thanks button won't bite the tail off of your cursor if you click on it
While you can't buy me a beer because I can't have them, you can help me get a oneplus one! Every donation counts!(Plz help me get one so I can have something fun and new to develop on!)