Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,225 Members 53,451 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

how to disable rotation delay?

Tip us?

dreamwave
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Default how to disable rotation delay?

I've heard that there has been a delay that has been purposefully implemented into android that delays autorotation for a small amount of time, I want to remove this and make autorotation instant, make it happen as soon as it can be rendered by the cpu. This is maybe the only thing that I want that apple users have. Is there some number in some file I can change to do this, or is it a little harder than that?
Probably sent from my Galaxy Nexus running CM11, or maybe from my Galaxy S3 running Slimkat...either way it was sent from something with OLED and a custom ROM...even my computer with custom compiled Kubuntu...

If I helped you in any way, just remember that the thanks button won't bite the tail off of your cursor if you click on it

erickr13
Old
Thanks Meter 23

DONATE TO ME
I guess since our GNexus devices is not officially supported by KK from Google, there is no way to make it happen without a code (Build.prop code) made by Google. Also remember that the dual-core at 1.2 GHZ TI CPU can not keep up (In some ways) to KitKat builds and features. I checked with the builds from 4.3 over to 4.0 and the rotation seems fine to me. The problem is just on KK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamwave View Post
I've heard that there has been a delay that has been purposefully implemented into android that delays autorotation for a small amount of time, I want to remove this and make autorotation instant, make it happen as soon as it can be rendered by the cpu. This is maybe the only thing that I want that apple users have. Is there some number in some file I can change to do this, or is it a little harder than that?
I will be glad to be your tester. Service is free

I just test ROMs for my "Current Devices" and apps. Feel free to PM me if you want me to test for you.

CURRENT DEVICES

Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Running whichever ROM I am asking ETAs in
HTC EVO 4G- Retired (Broken; If it gets to boot up again, it will run on DigitalKarma V9 2.3.5)

dreamwave
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
the thing is it was exactly the same way on jb and ics, I get the normal animation running an m7 build of cm. I've overclocked my cpu to 1.4ghz, sometimes even faster. I get the exact same thing on my s3, I'm sure it's an artificial limitation instead of just a capability issue.
Probably sent from my Galaxy Nexus running CM11, or maybe from my Galaxy S3 running Slimkat...either way it was sent from something with OLED and a custom ROM...even my computer with custom compiled Kubuntu...

If I helped you in any way, just remember that the thanks button won't bite the tail off of your cursor if you click on it