5,603,729 Members 37,813 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL] Air Kernel [4.2.1 - Weekly : #510 - 29.01.2013 | 4.1.X - Final ] [3.0.61]

Tip us?

smccall
Old
Thanks Meter 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubs4200 View Post
Oh man if this ever came about I'd be in heaven! I use (now used to) franco kernel just because of the app lol now with air kernel( the best kernels I've ever ran) an app to do the adjustments would be a godsend

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I use the trinity app it has the vibration control and all the rest that Franco app offers. I haven't tried it with this kernel but will and give feed back.
Xda have it your way
Hit the thanks button if anyone helps you
The Following User Says Thank You to smccall For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

myepicyear
Old
(Last edited by myepicyear; 24th June 2012 at 10:30 PM.)
Thanks Meter 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL0OD View Post
Snuck in a couple weeks ago. Im working like 50-60 hours a week coming from a job where I was working less than 30 so I have been just dead to the world. More reading than chiming in. Good to see ya.

Kernel wise, so far the battery bleed out, which might be changed per op in the latest build, and the lack of any type of color mod are my only gripe. Seems to be speedy with seemingly good battery life although I have not been able to use it for a full day though. I liked Air on my ns4g also but it seemed to be a little quirky, on my phone, build to build. This is a different animal and so far pretty impressive. Definitely in the top three out of the ones we have available. Nice work.

†††
I know how frustrating that is. Before I bought Franco's app, I was only able to use the CM9 kernel, as it's nearly the only one that offers compatibility with the built-in color controls-and no color tuning...not an option lol. I was never without color control on the Nexus S, and I can't do it with the GN either.
I kind of wrestled with the decision to purchase Franco's app at first, as these are tight financial times-for nearly everyone. But finally, I decided to go in the market, without giving myself a chance to think about it, and I just pressed the purchase button so I couldn't turn back, haha. I think the hardest thing to accept was that I could already do like 85% the tweaks with something else, for free, and I was essentially buying it for one "hostage" feature.
But....it's a couple months later, and I'm actually very pleased with my purchase decision. I enjoy the app much more than I had anticipated. After seeing all the diligent work he puts into updating and improving it, I feel confident that my investment is small compared to all the support I'll receive from that one purchase. (Same with Titanium Backup--that investment still brings an update every week-over a year later) The great thing is that you'll be able to use it with every custom kernel. Air kernel colors are perfectly adjusted with Franco's app, as well as most all the other tweaks.
A bit more on-topic..Air Kernel is really great on the GN, huh? I used it on the Nexus S too, and it was great and everything, but this phone just seems to showcase AirKernel's true potential.. It never reboots, freezes, lags, or anything. I can set the clocking to 1650Mhz, and do all kinds of cpu-stressing activities-all the while, never showing a hint of instability.

firket2000
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by myepicyear View Post
I know how frustrating that is. Before I bought Franco's app, I was only able to use the CM9 kernel, as it's nearly the only one that offers compatibility with the built-in color controls-and no color tuning...not an option lol. I was never without color control on the Nexus S, and I can't do it with the GN either.
I kind of wrestled with the decision to purchase Franco's app at first, as these are tight financial times-for nearly everyone. But finally, I decided to go in the market, without giving myself a chance to think about it, and I just pressed the purchase button so I couldn't turn back, haha. I think the hardest thing to accept was that I could already do like 85% the tweaks with something else, for free, and I was essentially buying it for one "hostage" feature.
But....it's a couple months later, and I'm actually very pleased with my purchase decision. I enjoy the app much more than I had anticipated. After seeing all the diligent work he puts into updating and improving it, I feel confident that my investment is small compared to all the support I'll receive from that one purchase. (Same with Titanium Backup--that investment still brings an update every week-over a year later) The great thing is that you'll be able to use it with every custom kernel. Air kernel colors are perfectly adjusted with Franco's app, as well as all the other tweaks.
A bit more on-topic..Air Kernel is really great on the GN. I used it on the Nexus S too, and it was great and everything, but this phone just seems to show its true potential..I guess custom kernels are just alot more fun with this phone. Idk.. :)
Just to clarify you have used francos app to control the air kernel with no problems

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

jesusice
Old
Thanks Meter 1036
Air Kernel worked great on my Crespo4G and is doing the same on my Toroplus, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by firket2000 View Post
Just to clarify you have used francos app to control the air kernel with no problems

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA
Yeah, use Franco or Glados or whatever just can't use CM's built in menu.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jesusice For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

r_data
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2266

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
v2.1 (06-27-2012 KST / GMT +9:00)
-Added 'PegasusQ' governor (Galaxy S3)
-Adjusted MPU(CPU) Clocks and Voltages
(200Mhz->230Mhz, 725.6Mhz->729.6Mhz, 1024Mhz->1064.4Mhz, 1.224Ghz->1.228Ghz, 1.544Ghz->1.52Ghz)
-Added evdev patch
-Cpufreq_pegasusq.c: Increase MIN_SAMPLING_RATE value 10000 to 20000
-Cpufreq_interactive.c: Tund interactive governor
-Fixed reboot and freezing issue (maybe)
Release v2.1

Device : Google Nexus 5 (LG-D821) & Samsung Galaxy S3 (SHW-M440S)
ROM : Pure Speed X v2
Kernel :Air Kernel for N5 (Testing...)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to r_data For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

spitefulrain
Old
Thanks Meter 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_data View Post
Release v2.1
Does v2.1 cause the storage to break on cm9 rc1 like I've been seeing others report for older versions?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
Android Phones:
1st: Samsung Moment
2nd: Samsung Epic 4g
3rd: Samsung Epic 4g Touch
4th: Samsung Galaxy Nexus/Toro+
5th: LG Nexus 5 (With Sprint)*

drdrewdown
Old
Thanks Meter 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by spitefulrain View Post
Does v2.1 cause the storage to break on cm9 rc1 like I've been seeing others report for older versions?

I don't know what you mean by "break" but i'm able to enter settings>storage without a problem on the latest v2.1

|Nexus 5| Hammerhead |
|Rooted|-|Waiting 4 Paranoid Android v3+|
|Baseband - .17||TWRP2 Recovery|
|@Twitter| Google+|
+-+-+-+-+-+-+
|N|e|x|u|s| |5|
+-+-+-+-+-+-+

spitefulrain
Old
Thanks Meter 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdrewdown View Post
I don't know what you mean by "break" but i'm able to enter settings>storage without a problem on the latest v2.1
Awesome, thanks. Some people in the cm9 thread were saying that flashing other kernels caused a force close when you went into storage settings.

Android Phones:
1st: Samsung Moment
2nd: Samsung Epic 4g
3rd: Samsung Epic 4g Touch
4th: Samsung Galaxy Nexus/Toro+
5th: LG Nexus 5 (With Sprint)*

jhgti
Old
Thanks Meter 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by spitefulrain View Post
Awesome, thanks. Some people in the cm9 thread were saying that flashing other kernels caused a force close when you went into storage settings.

Franco broke storage for me, but threes kernal did not. Quick question with so many governors, which one are you guys using? Also any links to the color controls other than Franco? Thanks in advance.

From a Galaxy far far away

anthrofear
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Just flashed this on CM9 RC1. So far sooooo smooth. Messed with colors a bit but honestly I think it made the whites whiter and blues deeper. Very nice. I'll edit after I play around a bit