Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,319 Members 51,381 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL] IAP SAMURAI AKIRA oc/uv 3.0.33 Kernel UPDATED (06/08/2012)

Tip us?

pglegend
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthbound[iap] View Post
Are you guys restoring data ? a boot loop or reboot should only occur for one of three reasons, your rom doesn't like this kernel, you restored bad data, or it overheated and needs some time to cool down.. I have been running this for days on cm9 and stock on my fiances with no reboots and we both use our phones for different things...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA
It may have been the overheating....

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus CDMA using XDA

obsanity
Old
(Last edited by obsanity; 11th May 2012 at 04:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthbound[iap] View Post
Not even going to touch this one cause it could really piss me off insulting my intelligence like that and also not reading the thread let alone the few posts before this one....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA
Man where did you get off on? Maybe I missed a post somewhere but insulting your intelligence? I was making a simple statement. If this processor doesn't have that feature, point us to a document and let's move on.

Edit:
Follow the TI ARM Cortex-A9 by clicking the System block diagrams and then Understanding the Terms and Definitions of LDO Voltage Regulators to download the attached Application report pdf. On page 11 section 12 they specify Power Dissipation and Junction Temperature. In it they show the safe operating area for a TI LDO regulators. Here is a quote for what's called "Thermal protection" in the system:

The thermal protection shuts the regulator off if the junction temperature rises above 165°C. Recovery is automatic when the junction temperature drops approximately to 140°C, where regulator operation resumes.

I read that as a FIXED core temperature fault shut down which puts the processor in recovery mode until the temperature drops.

Again, I don't mean any disrespect or pointing fingers with "I told you so". I was simply commenting in hopes to add something for the community. Take it as you will.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf slva079.pdf - [Click for QR Code] (197.6 KB, 1 views)
Nexus 5 Stock(moded) un-rooted
Franco's Kernel AMOLED Gama settings | proper values
Volume+ = Louder Speaker

Guides:
Automatic backlight
Proper FULL wipe

jeffreynothing43
Old
(Last edited by jeffreynothing43; 11th May 2012 at 04:40 PM.)
Thanks Meter 24
[QUOTE='e
Still waiting on some voodoo love for the G-Nex...[/QUOTE]

Definitely...coming from the Nexus S4G I really miss Voodoo. Out of the box that is immediately what I miss the most.

Also, if you don't mind, can you please explain some of your governers and I/O schedulers? I'm brand new to this device...just got it yesterday so...I'm coming from the NS4G.

-What is I/O Fiops?
-What are Samurai and Hotplug Governers?

Also, thank you for this kernel. As soon as I felt the phone I knew it needed a kernel and so far this one seems great!

ÜBER™
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 8,928

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreynothing43 View Post
Definitely...coming from the Nexus S4G I really miss Voodoo. Out of the box that is immediately what I miss the most.

Also, if you don't mind, can you please explain some of your governers and I/O schedulers? I'm brand new to this device...just got it yesterday so...I'm coming from the NS4G.

-What is I/O Fiops?
-What are Samurai and Hotplug Governers?

Also, thank you for this kernel. As soon as I felt the phone I knew it needed a kernel and so far this one seems great!
samurai is his gov based off of lagfree ... its a more aggressive lag free so it when your using it it will be at the top freq... then it will scale down the freqs when you stop. Samurai is the same but will scale faster.

Fiops I'm not too sure but fro. What he's told me its made specifically for flash devices and is one of if not the best I/o.

Clueless on the hot plug... but Google is a thing.

Sent From My Sprint Galaxy Nexus via XDA Premium
Nexus 5: Paranoid RastaKat / Faux123
Nexus 7 FHD: Paranoid RastKat / Faux123

ÜBER™
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 8,928

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsanity View Post
Man where did you get off on? Maybe I missed a post somewhere but insulting your intelligence? I was making a simple statement. If this processor doesn't have that feature, point us to a document and let's move on.

Edit:
Follow the TI ARM Cortex-A9 by clicking the System block diagrams and then Understanding the Terms and Definitions of LDO Voltage Regulators to download the attached Application report pdf. On page 11 section 12 they specify Power Dissipation and Junction Temperature. In it they show the safe operating area for a TI LDO regulators. Here is a quote for what's called "Thermal protection" in the system:

The thermal protection shuts the regulator off if the junction temperature rises above 165°C. Recovery is automatic when the junction temperature drops approximately to 140°C, where regulator operation resumes.

I read that as a FIXED core temperature fault shut down which puts the processor in recovery mode until the temperature drops.

Again, I don't mean any disrespect or pointing fingers with "I told you so". I was simply commenting in hopes to add something for the community. Take it as you will.
at first he may of miss interpreted your post but now your just trying to be a smart a$$... please stop.

jeffreynothing43
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by ÜBER™ View Post
samurai is his gov based off of lagfree ... its a more aggressive lag free so it when your using it it will be at the top freq... then it will scale down the freqs when you stop. Samurai is the same but will scale faster.

Fiops I'm not too sure but fro. What he's told me its made specifically for flash devices and is one of if not the best I/o.

Clueless on the hot plug... but Google is a thing.

Samurai sounds cool...any experience with battery life using it?

rafv1234
Old
Thanks Meter 0
thanks

pastert33
Old
Thanks Meter 259
Hotplug is when one of your cores shuts down when the screen is off.

ÜBER™
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 8,928

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreynothing43 View Post
Samurai sounds cool...any experience with battery life using it?
Not sure I stick to interactive I will test it when I get another full charge.

obsanity
Old
Thanks Meter 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by ÜBER™ View Post
at first he may of miss interpreted your post but now your just trying to be a smart a$$... please stop.

I don't see how I'm being a amart a$$.

Anyway, I tried 1420Mhz and still had a random reboot. So I've been on 1350Mhz and haven't seen one yet.
Nexus 5 Stock(moded) un-rooted
Franco's Kernel AMOLED Gama settings | proper values
Volume+ = Louder Speaker

Guides:
Automatic backlight
Proper FULL wipe