Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,247 Members 47,125 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Leankernel: ( JB4.2 - 7.1, JB4.3 - 8.3 - , KK 9.0 beta 11/25)

Tip us?

seezar
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoeleven99 View Post
is 4.2 jb cm10 compatible
yes

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/13092-lea...60#entry839282
The Following User Says Thank You to seezar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

paullueders223
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default MMS Issues with Kernel

I seem to get issues with MMS while using this kernel. I flashed your kernel a couple days ago and I suddenly couldn't receive MMS messages. I tried wiping and reflashing my rom (CM10 Nightly Kang) and flashing lowrider MMS fix/gapps, but still didn't allow me to receive. However if I just flash my rom without flashing this kernel, MMS works fine. Can anyone confirm this issue?

ajf64
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by paullueders223 View Post
I seem to get issues with MMS while using this kernel. I flashed your kernel a couple days ago and I suddenly couldn't receive MMS messages. I tried wiping and reflashing my rom (CM10 Nightly Kang) and flashing lowrider MMS fix/gapps, but still didn't allow me to receive. However if I just flash my rom without flashing this kernel, MMS works fine. Can anyone confirm this issue?
CM10 is still in pre alpha build and the kernel has not been updated as fast as cm has unfortunately. So some things might provide issues when using the kernel with a pre alpha build of a rom i can tell that mms dose work in many other JB roms and we will try to have this fixed in upcoming kernels. If any one else has more feed back on this id be happy to hear it, so we can better pin point if this is a one time issue or if more people are experiencing it i can say however that CM10 has been giving quite a few issues with kernels.
Device: Nexus 5 - Galaxy Nexus
Rom: SlimKat

v3rk
Old
Thanks Meter 160
I can't get mms to send, haven't tested receiving

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ajf64
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by v3rk View Post
I can't get mms to send, haven't tested receiving

what rom you using this kernel with and what kernel version are you using plz

v3rk
Old
Thanks Meter 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf64 View Post
what rom you using this kernel with and what kernel version are you using plz
Sorry I should have given that in the first place. I'm using jb stable with purely aosp rom

budde2
Old
Thanks Meter 328
I'm running maddoggins JB modded ROM with the stable vs and its smooth and the battery is OK to if that helps not to jump in on the conversation

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

ajf64
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 620
Quote:
Sorry I should have given that in the first place. I'm using jb stable with purely aosp rom

Have you tested the stock kernel to make sure it is in fact working in the rom i have not had any one with this issue on the rom you mention so i am going to need a little more info to figure this out. CM10 is known to have some issues but usually asop roms work with no issues. Also when you installed the kernel did you wipe you cach and dalvik.

Quote:
Originally Posted by budde2 View Post
I'm running maddoggins JB modded ROM with the stable vs and its smooth and the battery is OK to if that helps not to jump in on the conversation

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
What version of the kernel are you using if you are using the stable you can always try the experimental 180 and 230 builds for better battery life.

v3rk
Old
Thanks Meter 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf64 View Post
Have you tested the stock kernel to make sure it is in fact working in the rom i have not had any one with this issue on the rom you mention so i am going to need a little more info to figure this out. CM10 is known to have some issues but usually asop roms work with no issues. Also when you installed the kernel did you wipe you cach and dalvik.
i'm not sure what happened but mms is working now. i flashed cm10 on recommendation of a friend, didn't like it and restored my nand. saw your post and decided to try again and now mms both sends and receives.

this kernel is amazing thanks for sharing it here

FL0OD
Old
Thanks Meter 951
Quote:
i'm not sure what happened but mms is working now. i flashed cm10 on recommendation of a friend, didn't like it and restored my nand. saw your post and decided to try again and now mms both sends and receives.

this kernel is amazing thanks for sharing it here
Sprint has been having issues with mms nation wide. Over the past two months people have been having off and on problems with sending not receiving and vice versa. You may see this pop back up and it's very spotty. It has nothing to do with the roms or kernels for the most part. It also seems to effect different devices differently. We have a gnex, a gs3, a ns4g, and a hero and it will effect some devices and not others. It has something to do with the way the "backbone" in your area is processing your mms' as the network infrastructure grows, changes, and is being upgraded. Hopefully it will become less and less of an issue as Sprint rolls out its new network.