[ROM] [AOSP] [4.2.2] Crossbones 2.3.3 [7/13/2013]

Search This thread

IT_Blackbelt

Jun 27, 2012
xlle6g.png

mwielgosz - Lead Developer
IT Blackbelt - Developer

Current version: 2.3.3
This custom Android project is built off of Google android-4.2.2_r1.2 source code.
The FEATURE list can be found here
The CHANGELOG can be found here

Source code:
https://github.com/Crossbones

------------------------------------------

Installation instructions:
* Wipe your phone through recovery
* Flash ROM
* Flash gapps
* Reboot

Download links:
Current Version: 2.3.3 (Jellybean-4.2.2)
ROM: 2.3.3 Download
GAPPS: Official Gapps

Last edited:

Comet1966

Apr 22, 2011
sevierville,TN
Man this is soooo smooth!
But you should have included a more stable kernel, since mine locked up when I tried going to 1600 mhz

Last edited:

mwielgosz

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 17, 2010
xbones.org
Man this is soooo smooth!
But you should have included a more stable kernel, since mine locked up when I tried going to 1600 mhz

As others have already said, clocking at 1600mHz will make your phone unstable. That being said, there is a known bug in the ZenSERIES kernel's ZenX governor which will sometimes cause the phone to lockup randomly. Version 17 of the kernel is better and can be downloaded from here: http://xbones.org/android/v3.0.58-ZenSERIES_v17_cleaned.zip

If you either don't want to flash v17 or still experience lockup issues, switch to another governor such as "pegasusq" or "interactive" and don't clock your phone SO high! Talk about battery drain :p

With each release of the ZenSERIES kernel, bbedward refines and optimizes the ZenX governor. I include it because I've worked with him on Android for a long time and consider his work to be the best (that is my personal opinion).

Reactions: jsonger121

IT_Blackbelt

Jun 27, 2012
I may be making a bold assumption but I think increasing the timer rate of zenx may increase stability (say 40000 uS)

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Install zen 17 posted by mwielgosz, and from trickstermod, apply the setting recommended above and the freezes should stop.

jsonger121

Jan 31, 2012
W.Va.
hey just wanted to give my thanks to you guys who work on this ROM... i ran this ROM alllll the time when i had my nexus s 4g and now that i came back over to the gnex im coming back to you guys!!! keep up the good work, its very much appreciated!!!

EDIT: i keep getting an error that pops up sometimes that says "Phone Sec keeps stopping" anyone know?

Last edited:

IT_Blackbelt

Jun 27, 2012
hey just wanted to give my thanks to you guys who work on this ROM... i ran this ROM alllll the time when i had my nexus s 4g and now that i came back over to the gnex im coming back to you guys!!! keep up the good work, its very much appreciated!!!

EDIT: i keep getting an error that pops up sometimes that says "Phone Sec keeps stopping" anyone know?

I havent ran into that error and mike hasnt said anything about it so I would try to download and flash the rom again.

If you can give me a little more detail such as is it a random error or are you usually doing the same things when it comes up?

Pull a logcat next time it happens too, would be helpful.

mwielgosz

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 17, 2010
xbones.org

I haven't seen this error either but I do know that it's a binary. Since Sprint just released their official OTA we will he releasing a new build by the weekend.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

blankit

Oct 28, 2010
Re: [ROM] [AOSP] [4.2.1] Crossbones 2.2.0 [1/15/2013]

When on stock rom games don't lag but when on this ROM they lag tremendously infant even play then I get force closes

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

IT_Blackbelt

Jun 27, 2012
When on stock rom games don't lag but when on this ROM they lag tremendously infant even play then I get force closes

I'm not having any lag on any of the games I play, mind giving a list of the games giving you an issue, and did you change kernels?

blankit

Oct 28, 2010
Re: [ROM] [AOSP] [4.2.1] Crossbones 2.2.0 [1/15/2013]

I'm not having any lag on any of the games I play, mind giving a list of the games giving you an issue, and did you change kernels?

Need for speed most wanted lags so much and it was working fine on the stock ROM I was using

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    xlle6g.png

mwielgosz - Lead Developer
    IT Blackbelt - Developer

Current version: 2.3.3
    This custom Android project is built off of Google android-4.2.2_r1.2 source code.
    The FEATURE list can be found here
    The CHANGELOG can be found here

Source code:
    https://github.com/Crossbones

Installation instructions:
    * Wipe your phone through recovery
    * Flash ROM
    * Flash gapps
    * Reboot

Download links:
    Current Version: 2.3.3 (Jellybean-4.2.2)
    ROM: 2.3.3 Download
    GAPPS: Official Gapps

Rom Updated, enjoy!
    I have a build going of a 100% stock 4.3 build thats rooted and has busy box included, only reason I havent included other features is because I want to see if data works before I do all that, but im fairly confident that there will be working data ;)
    OP updated, enjoy!
    Wondering if this is dead? Still using the last update. Every thing still working smooth.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app

Nope not dead, we both have been busy with life and we wanted to make the next release a great 1 so it's just taking a little time :p