OP jboyer0000

13th February 2013, 05:56 AM   |  #2171  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag S. FLORIDA
Thanks Meter: 4,480

5,471 posts
More
Re: [ROM] JBSourcery4.5-Toroplus (01/30/13) Nothing Compares
Okay further personal update since latest update. All working great as mentioned GPS locked almost instantly, LTE signal excellent, I see and feel no lag, stock kernel, deep sleep right away, sms and mms spot on, haven't run into any issues and everything I have heard people say they had issues with are NON issues on my end. Rocking Sourcery since October, longest my device has ever been on a single Rom.

Transmitted with a portable device using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to edfunkycold For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2013, 08:07 AM   |  #2172  
Thanks Meter: 138

1,126 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crwolv

Lagged stopped as soon as I installed Franco kernel. For some reason all 4.2 seems to have lost butter. But with franco its Fast as heck now and with all the goodies.yaaaay
Also ....pimp my ROM works wonders. Be carful with aggressive memory settings though. One under aggressive makes ROM fly like no other(on almost every 4.2 ROM) hmmmmmm
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app

What setup do you have for pimp my rom

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
13th February 2013, 05:38 PM   |  #2173  
Flag Metro Detroit
Thanks Meter: 432

1,252 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adio201

What setup do you have for pimp my rom

Oh that's a lot to type. Lol try one tweak at a time and reboot and nandroid first(important). Heck finding out what works is most of the fun hint. Start with making intd. Support. And on memory settings don't use aggressive, do the one under. Talk me if u have problems. Motownstation. And remember Franco kernel most important. Paid app is worth it,flash kernel in 20 seconds

The Following User Says Thank You to Crwolv For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2013, 05:58 PM   |  #2174  
South, TX
Thanks Meter: 506

777 posts
More
If I'm not mistaken sourcery tools has everything pimp my rom does plus more
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to namtombout For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2013, 06:35 PM   |  #2175  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 19

59 posts
More
OK guys, maybe someone can help me out with a situation I am having. I've been getting a system ui shutdown quite frequently. It comes right back but it is getting annoying. I figured I would reflash the ROM and gapps so I downloaded both of them and tried flashing them thru twrp. The install keeps failing saying signature verification failed. I thought maybe it was a bad download so I tried reflashing a couple kernels in my memory that I knew to be good, and its saying the same thing with those. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated! By the way, awesome work on the ROM team! I love it! I'm at work right note but I will check back in in a couple hours right when I get off. Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
13th February 2013, 06:43 PM   |  #2176  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jackson, MI
Thanks Meter: 602

824 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezil420

OK guys, maybe someone can help me out with a situation I am having. I've been getting a system ui shutdown quite frequently. It comes right back but it is getting annoying. I figured I would reflash the ROM and gapps so I downloaded both of them and tried flashing them thru twrp. The install keeps failing saying signature verification failed. I thought maybe it was a bad download so I tried reflashing a couple kernels in my memory that I knew to be good, and its saying the same thing with those. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated! By the way, awesome work on the ROM team! I love it! I'm at work right note but I will check back in in a couple hours right when I get off. Thanks!

Try updating recovery..and also make sure md5 matches on both ROM and gapps

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to jboyer0000 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2013, 07:14 PM   |  #2177  
Flag Grand Forks
Thanks Meter: 353

532 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezil420

i ran into this myself flashing a kernel on 4.5. i reverted to a nand backup (you backed up, right?) re-downloaded the kernel and it worked fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zzz73 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2013, 09:04 PM   |  #2178  
Thanks Meter: 138

1,126 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crwolv

Oh that's a lot to type. Lol try one tweak at a time and reboot and nandroid first(important). Heck finding out what works is most of the fun hint. Start with making intd. Support. And on memory settings don't use aggressive, do the one under. Talk me if u have problems. Motownstation. And remember Franco kernel most important. Paid app is worth it,flash kernel in 20 seconds

Well I had use Franco and I don't like it buy I'm using lean kernel but u did some settings with pimp my ROM and didn't really notice performance or maybe I didn't do it right :banghead:

13th February 2013, 09:28 PM   |  #2179  
Flag Metro Detroit
Thanks Meter: 432

1,252 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adio201

Well I had use Franco and I don't like it buy I'm using lean kernel but u did some settings with pimp my ROM and didn't really notice performance or maybe I didn't do it right :banghead:

Hmmm even default newest nightly Franco sped me up massive. Keep playing with PMR. Also lean kernel can be updated thru Franco app. Heck u can safely over clock to 1.7 (don't go to 1.8) and that alone should speed ya up.lol almost impossible not too. Just set GHz to only go up to 384 MHz when screen off and battery won't drain so much.

Last edited by Crwolv; 13th February 2013 at 09:33 PM.
14th February 2013, 12:48 AM   |  #2180  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 19

59 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jboyer0000

Try updating recovery..and also make sure md5 matches on both ROM and gapps

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Must've been a recovery issue, I flashed CWM from ROM manager, downloaded again, and it flashed with no issue. Thanks for the advice!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread