XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] JBSourcery Encore-Toroplus ~6/7~The final call

Tip us?

edfunkycold
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 4293
Default Re: [ROM] JBSourcery4.5-Toroplus (01/30/13) Nothing Compares

Okay further personal update since latest update. All working great as mentioned GPS locked almost instantly, LTE signal excellent, I see and feel no lag, stock kernel, deep sleep right away, sms and mms spot on, haven't run into any issues and everything I have heard people say they had issues with are NON issues on my end. Rocking Sourcery since October, longest my device has ever been on a single Rom.

Transmitted with a portable device using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to edfunkycold For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

adio201
Old
Thanks Meter 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crwolv View Post
Lagged stopped as soon as I installed Franco kernel. For some reason all 4.2 seems to have lost butter. But with franco its Fast as heck now and with all the goodies.yaaaay
Also ....pimp my ROM works wonders. Be carful with aggressive memory settings though. One under aggressive makes ROM fly like no other(on almost every 4.2 ROM) hmmmmmm
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app
What setup do you have for pimp my rom

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Crwolv
Old
Thanks Meter 431

Quote:
Originally Posted by adio201 View Post
What setup do you have for pimp my rom

Oh that's a lot to type. Lol try one tweak at a time and reboot and nandroid first(important). Heck finding out what works is most of the fun hint. Start with making intd. Support. And on memory settings don't use aggressive, do the one under. Talk me if u have problems. Motownstation. And remember Franco kernel most important. Paid app is worth it,flash kernel in 20 seconds

Detroit country charity artist,android lover,
Im an All around noobness fighter learning and spreading the help wherever I can cuz we all need help sometimes,really loathe mean attitudes or when someone is picked on or bullied .if u need just ASK cuz i only wanna help i ask for no thanx clicks or donations!even my songs are Open Source
The Following User Says Thank You to Crwolv For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

namtombout
Old
Thanks Meter 462

If I'm not mistaken sourcery tools has everything pimp my rom does plus more

namtombout ebonically translated is "know what im talking about"
I AM WHO I AM
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to namtombout For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Weezil420
Old
Thanks Meter 19

OK guys, maybe someone can help me out with a situation I am having. I've been getting a system ui shutdown quite frequently. It comes right back but it is getting annoying. I figured I would reflash the ROM and gapps so I downloaded both of them and tried flashing them thru twrp. The install keeps failing saying signature verification failed. I thought maybe it was a bad download so I tried reflashing a couple kernels in my memory that I knew to be good, and its saying the same thing with those. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated! By the way, awesome work on the ROM team! I love it! I'm at work right note but I will check back in in a couple hours right when I get off. Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
"Buy the ticket, take the ride!" -Hunter S. Thompson

Sprint Galaxy Nexus Running
JBSourcery Version 4.0 ROM

jboyer0000
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 595

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezil420 View Post
OK guys, maybe someone can help me out with a situation I am having. I've been getting a system ui shutdown quite frequently. It comes right back but it is getting annoying. I figured I would reflash the ROM and gapps so I downloaded both of them and tried flashing them thru twrp. The install keeps failing saying signature verification failed. I thought maybe it was a bad download so I tried reflashing a couple kernels in my memory that I knew to be good, and its saying the same thing with those. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated! By the way, awesome work on the ROM team! I love it! I'm at work right note but I will check back in in a couple hours right when I get off. Thanks!

Try updating recovery..and also make sure md5 matches on both ROM and gapps

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following User Says Thank You to jboyer0000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Zzz73
Old
Thanks Meter 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezil420 View Post

i ran into this myself flashing a kernel on 4.5. i reverted to a nand backup (you backed up, right?) re-downloaded the kernel and it worked fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zzz73 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

adio201
Old
Thanks Meter 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crwolv View Post
Oh that's a lot to type. Lol try one tweak at a time and reboot and nandroid first(important). Heck finding out what works is most of the fun hint. Start with making intd. Support. And on memory settings don't use aggressive, do the one under. Talk me if u have problems. Motownstation. And remember Franco kernel most important. Paid app is worth it,flash kernel in 20 seconds

Well I had use Franco and I don't like it buy I'm using lean kernel but u did some settings with pimp my ROM and didn't really notice performance or maybe I didn't do it right :banghead:

Crwolv
Old
(Last edited by Crwolv; 13th February 2013 at 08:33 PM.)
Thanks Meter 431

Quote:
Originally Posted by adio201 View Post
Well I had use Franco and I don't like it buy I'm using lean kernel but u did some settings with pimp my ROM and didn't really notice performance or maybe I didn't do it right :banghead:

Hmmm even default newest nightly Franco sped me up massive. Keep playing with PMR. Also lean kernel can be updated thru Franco app. Heck u can safely over clock to 1.7 (don't go to 1.8) and that alone should speed ya up.lol almost impossible not too. Just set GHz to only go up to 384 MHz when screen off and battery won't drain so much.

Detroit country charity artist,android lover,
Im an All around noobness fighter learning and spreading the help wherever I can cuz we all need help sometimes,really loathe mean attitudes or when someone is picked on or bullied .if u need just ASK cuz i only wanna help i ask for no thanx clicks or donations!even my songs are Open Source

Weezil420
Old
Thanks Meter 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jboyer0000 View Post
Try updating recovery..and also make sure md5 matches on both ROM and gapps

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Must've been a recovery issue, I flashed CWM from ROM manager, downloaded again, and it flashed with no issue. Thanks for the advice!

"Buy the ticket, take the ride!" -Hunter S. Thompson

Sprint Galaxy Nexus Running
JBSourcery Version 4.0 ROM