Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,068 Members 48,318 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
Announcement from something15525: Official Nightlies of CyanogenMod 11.0 for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus

[ROM][AOSP][4.4.2][KVT49L] OFFICIAL CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies

Tip us?

lambofgod13
Old
Thanks Meter 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfDaMarvel View Post
Off topic-ish. How's CM11 now compared to cm10.2. Still slower and fairly unstable? Graphical glitches?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
The new nightlies are awesome bro the graphic glitches are at a minimal now i only get them in a rotation and once in a while in a screen shot, but very stable all the way around now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
sent from my morse code machine.

squiddy20
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfDaMarvel View Post
Off topic-ish. How's CM11 now compared to cm10.2. Still slower and fairly unstable? Graphical glitches?

In my experience (for toroplus), CM 11 is leaps and bounds better than 10.2 "Stable". 10.2 had a myriad of problems with battery life, data/voice connectivity, airplane mode, and probably a few other things. That's not to say CM 11 doesn't have its problems or quirks, but by-and-large they are less intrusive/detrimental. That said, there is a battery draining bug in all of the nightlies from 1/18 on. But there is a revert patch you can flash in recovery until it is fixed.
In regards to "graphical glitches", there are small black vertical lines that appear in the app switcher, whenever the UI rotates, and just before the screen actually goes to sleep once you've hit the power/sleep button. In my opinion, they're only a nuisance/annoyance, that doesn't really hinder you from doing anything. You can still see the app thumbnail and read the text off to the left, there's just little black lines over top of it all.
The Following User Says Thank You to squiddy20 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lambofgod13
Old
Thanks Meter 438
The battery drain is from gps wake lock. Once you get a gps lock the device will sleep.

info[]box1
Old
Thanks Meter 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambofgod13 View Post
The battery drain is from gps wake lock. Once you get a gps lock the device will sleep.

+1

True that's been the solution to battery drain in many devs.

Google LG D820 Nexus 5 powered by the XDA's Finest Android OS & Linaro ROM Developments

Backup 1: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Custom WM 6.5.x OS)
Backup 2: BlackBerry Bold (Custom Hybrid OS)

Tablet: Asus Transformer Pad TF300T (stock 4.2.1)

Signup for a Dropbox Account -=-=-=> Here

squiddy20
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:

1. I should not have to get a GPS lock just to make my device go into deep sleep.
2. Unless I am using Maps/Navigation to go somewhere, I have GPS off. Otherwise, Location Mode is set to "Battery saving" which uses Wifi and cellular triangulation to get a rough location. GPS should not be active at all, and nothing should be dependent on it.
3. For the past several days, I have had GPS off, and have had pretty good battery life (with the aforementioned patch applied). Nothing to brag or boast about, but better than the battery life I have gotten in previous CM builds. Here's a screenshot of today's battery longevity.
4. The battery drain I am talking about seems to be due to Bionic, a core Android library. To my (admittedly limited) knowledge in this area, Bionic has nothing to do with GPS.

lambofgod13
Old
Thanks Meter 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by squiddy20 View Post
1. I should not have to get a GPS lock just to make my device go into deep sleep.
2. Unless I am using Maps/Navigation to go somewhere, I have GPS off. Otherwise, Location Mode is set to "Battery saving" which uses Wifi and cellular triangulation to get a rough location. GPS should not be active at all, and nothing should be dependent on it.
3. For the past several days, I have had GPS off, and have had pretty good battery life (with the aforementioned patch applied). Nothing to brag or boast about, but better than the battery life I have gotten in previous CM builds. Here's a screenshot of today's battery longevity.
4. The battery drain I am talking about seems to be due to Bionic, a core Android library. To my (admittedly limited) knowledge in this area, Bionic has nothing to do with GPS.
Wow then maybe you should make a better rom where you won't "have to get a gps lock" then. If you can't then be polite and thank the dev for this rom and for all his continuous hard work instead of bashing him by saying you shouldn't have to get a gps lock. Guess what kit Kat has bugs so either enjoy these roms our make your own. Thx dev I'm not complaining i appreciate your hard work.

Garridon
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Is there a way to download multiple updates at the same time on the play store?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

squiddy20
Old
(Last edited by squiddy20; 8th February 2014 at 04:56 AM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Wow then maybe you should make a better rom where you won't "have to get a gps lock" then. If you can't then be polite and thank the dev for this rom and for all his continuous hard work instead of bashing him by saying you shouldn't have to get a gps lock. Guess what kit Kat has bugs so either enjoy these roms our make your own. Thx dev I'm not complaining i appreciate your hard work.

1. I wasn't "bashing him". Nothing in my comment was directed to the developer/maintainer, something15525. You're the one who suggested the GPS lock, not him. And up until a few weeks ago, I had no idea who the CM maintainer for toroplus was, partly because he doesn't participate in the CM forums, and partly because the upper CM people haven't updated the Wiki to reflect who the current maintainer is. I don't come to XDA often. I only found out because someone in the CM forums posted a link to this thread. Not complaining one bit, just telling it like it is.
2. As I said before, to my (admittedly limited) knowledge, Bionic seems to have nothing to do with GPS, so please tell me how getting a GPS lock would solve the problem with Bionic, especially when I don't even have GPS enabled in the first place.
3. I know KitKat has bugs. I already linked to the thread on the CM forums showing one of them. I went through the malfunctioning of the camera app back in December. I still see the horizontal black lines in the app switcher, which has been present in every single CM 11 build since it came to toroplus, despite toro apparently having a fix for this many weeks ago. Anytime I try to use the built in tether (either via wireless, Bluetooth, or USB), my data stops working. After I flashed the 02/03 nightly, I didn't get any LTE until a full day later (admittedly, there's only small pockets of LTE in my area, so this wasn't a huge issue). Also, as I posted a few days ago, network location was acting wonky for me (it magically started working again a day or so ago, even though I didn't update or do anything that could possibly fix it). I was never complaining about the bugs, merely your advice to "get a GPS lock", despite the fact that I don't even have GPS enabled.

If I'm wrong about the nonexistent GPS/Bionic connection, then by all means, explain it to me (if you even can). If you can't, then please stop talking.

lambofgod13
Old
Thanks Meter 438
Quote:
1. I wasn't "bashing him". Nothing in my comment was directed to the developer/maintainer, something15525. You're the one who suggested the GPS lock, not him. And up until a few weeks ago, I had no idea who the CM maintainer for toroplus was, partly because he doesn't participate in the CM forums, and partly because the upper CM people haven't updated the Wiki to reflect who the current maintainer is. I don't come to XDA often. I only found out because someone in the CM forums posted a link to this thread. Not complaining one bit, just telling it like it is.
2. As I said before, to my (admittedly limited) knowledge, Bionic seems to have nothing to do with GPS, so please tell me how getting a GPS lock would solve the problem with Bionic, especially when I don't even have GPS enabled in the first place.
3. I know KitKat has bugs. I already linked to the thread on the CM forums showing one of them. I went through the malfunctioning of the camera app back in December. I still see the horizontal black lines in the app switcher, which has been present in every single CM 11 build since it came to toroplus, despite toro apparently having a fix for this many weeks ago. Anytime I try to use the built in tether (either via wireless, Bluetooth, or USB), my data stops working. After I flashed the 02/03 nightly, I didn't get any LTE until a full day later (admittedly, there's only small pockets of LTE in my area, so this wasn't a huge issue). Also, as I posted a few days ago, network location was acting wonky for me (it magically started working again a day or so ago, even though I didn't update or do anything that could possibly fix it). I was never complaining about the bugs, merely your advice to "get a GPS lock", despite the fact that I don't even have GPS enabled.

If I'm wrong about the nonexistent GPS/Bionic connection, then by all means, explain it to me (if you even can). If you can't, then please stop talking.
1. Shut up. Enough said. Don't comment me back. Laterz

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to lambofgod13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

musical_chairs
Old
Thanks Meter 272
Quote:
I still see the horizontal black lines in the app switcher, which has been present in every single CM 11 build since it came to toroplus, despite toro apparently having a fix for this many weeks ago.
Any evidence to confirm that this is fixed for toro? Even better, can anybody find the commit that fixed it? Reason I'm asking, I had force-flashed a toro build onto my toroplus (I'll explain in a bit) and the black lines were gone. Unfortunately it didn't work as a phone (no service, among other things), so I didn't hang around long to test it. I had done a bit of digging to see if I could figure out what may have fixed the black lines on the toro build but came up with nothing.

(Why on earth did I flash a toro rom on a toroplus, you ask? I'm on Page Plus, Verizon network settings needed, and I can't get MMS to work. toroplus seems to hard-code the APN's MNC to 120 and ignore any APN's with a different MNC, like, say, 012, which is what I need it to be. I can get into APN settings and change whatever I want, but as soon as I save an APN with a different MNC than 120, it disappears. Very annoying.)