Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
1. I should not have to get a GPS lock just to make my device go into deep sleep.
2. Unless I am using Maps/Navigation to go somewhere, I have GPS off. Otherwise, Location Mode is set to "Battery saving" which uses Wifi and cellular triangulation to get a rough location. GPS should not be active at all, and nothing should be dependent on it.
3. For the past several days, I have had GPS off, and have had pretty good battery life (with the aforementioned patch applied). Nothing to brag or boast about, but better than the battery life I have gotten in previous CM builds. Here's a screenshot of today's battery longevity.
4. The battery drain I am talking about seems to be due to Bionic, a core Android library. To my (admittedly limited) knowledge in this area, Bionic has nothing to do with GPS.
Wow then maybe you should make a better rom where you won't "have to get a gps lock" then. If you can't then be polite and thank the dev for this rom and for all his continuous hard work instead of bashing him by saying you shouldn't have to get a gps lock. Guess what kit Kat has bugs so either enjoy these roms our make your own. Thx dev I'm not complaining i appreciate your hard work.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
1. I wasn't "bashing him". Nothing in my comment was directed to the developer/maintainer, something15525. You're the one who suggested the GPS lock, not him. And up until a few weeks ago, I had no idea who the CM maintainer for toroplus was, partly because he doesn't participate in the CM forums, and partly because the upper CM people haven't updated the Wiki to reflect who the current maintainer is. I don't come to XDA often. I only found out because someone in the CM forums posted a link to this thread. Not complaining one bit, just telling it like it is.
2. As I said before, to my (admittedly limited) knowledge, Bionic seems to have nothing to do with GPS, so please tell me how getting a GPS lock would solve the problem with Bionic, especially when I don't even have GPS enabled in the first place.
3. I know KitKat has bugs. I already linked to the thread on the CM forums showing one of them. I went through the malfunctioning of the camera app back in December. I still see the horizontal black lines in the app switcher, which has been present in every single CM 11 build since it came to toroplus, despite toro apparently having a fix for this many weeks ago. Anytime I try to use the built in tether (either via wireless, Bluetooth, or USB), my data stops working. After I flashed the 02/03 nightly, I didn't get any LTE until a full day later (admittedly, there's only small pockets of LTE in my area, so this wasn't a huge issue). Also, as I posted a few days ago, network location was acting wonky for me (it magically started working again a day or so ago, even though I didn't update or do anything that could possibly fix it). I was never complaining about the bugs, merely your advice to "get a GPS lock", despite the fact that I don't even have GPS enabled.
If I'm wrong about the nonexistent GPS/Bionic connection, then by all means, explain it to me (if you even can). If you can't, then please stop talking.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|