Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,424 Members 36,128 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.4.4][OFFICIAL] OmniROM Nightly Builds (TOROPLUS!)

Tip us?

jd14771
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWisBest View Post
Dammit! For all my other stuff on XDA I always get an e-mail when there's a reply, but they haven't been sending them out for this thread so I just assumed there wasn't any replies >.<! My bad!

I'll definitely look into it, but I can't make any promises.

I'll check into this, I haven't done the incremental updates so I'll have to see what's up with them.

The Cyanogen Inc. theme engine is very resource-hungry, and I'm in agreement with the OmniROM team's decision to not include it. Maybe in the future it'll be different, but for now it seems more like Cyanogen Inc. dumped this unfinished mess on the public to let them find the bugs and fix it rather than do it themselves before releasing it.
Disclaimer: This is just MY opinion and is not meant as a representation of an official OmniROM opinion in any way, shape or form.
Interesting to hear about the compass...

As far as I know, it is not pulled from Cyanogen Inc., which would probably be for the best.

Glad to hear everything is working out for ya.
I am aware of WiFi not automatically connecting, it'll do so after turning WiFi off and then on again however. That slight inconvenience probably helps save battery though, so it'd be cool to see if I can make it something configurable.

I wasn't even aware that the stock ROM was a mess with 4G data as well, yikes! You guys have really gotten the shaft it seems.
Any donation is greatly appreciated! Most donations I have received were invested into things to help with development, some examples would be: parts for fixing my Galaxy Nexus, a Bluetooth 4.0 adapter for my dev laptop to help with developing/debugging Bluetooth, microUSB cables (mine wear out all the time due to their constant usage!), Coca-Cola or Pepsi (whatever is on sale, I like 'em both) to keep me going when developing stuff, etc.
I can really stretch a little bit of money really far too: the Bluetooth 4.0 adapter (which includes really fast WiFi too, 300Mbps 802.11n ) I snagged for $15, and it's an Atheros! I constantly find 12 packs of soda on sale for $3 each, sometimes even $2.50 each. $5 can get me 24 cans of soda!!
If you do donate, consider doing it with Google Wallet if you can. PayPal charges some pretty ridiculous fees, Google Wallet doesn't have any fees, so a $5 donation via Google Wallet is $5 when I receive it, but a $5 donation via PayPal ends up being more like $4.50. I've got credit/debit/whatever cards linked to Google Wallet and PayPal, so I can use them wherever regardless of whether or not they're accepted as official payment methods somewhere too

Are you talking about:
Settings --> More... (under the Wireless & Networks heading) --> Mobile Networks --> Data Roaming?

I'm really surprised at how well everything is working on toroplus!! I thought 90% of the replies here would be serious issues or something...

for me is doesnt save bettery mostly becuase im on sprint and i never have good coverage- so wifi helps alot when im at work and what not

DanAdamKOF
Old
(Last edited by DanAdamKOF; 18th September 2014 at 11:09 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Installed the latest nightly after a wipe. I can't get LTE to work. After the flash I had 3G and it was set on the 2G/3G Preferred setting, I changed it to LTE an immediately got some infinite loop of "Android Phone has stopped running" or similar.

Now when I toggle it to LTE I get no data, I'll get a signal indicator but I get no data at all. Any ideas?

edit: the *#*#DATA#*#* code pops up a "com.android.phone has stopped" error when I click Edit. I'm using the GApps as recommended in the OmniROM wiki.

edit: I've also noticed when I update PRL or Profile I get "Error: (Code:1)Internal Error" each time, could be related?

Insane PPC
Old
Thanks Meter 37

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanAdamKOF View Post
Installed the latest nightly after a wipe. I can't get LTE to work. After the flash I had 3G and it was set on the 2G/3G Preferred setting, I changed it to LTE an immediately got some infinite loop of "Android Phone has stopped running" or similar.

Now when I toggle it to LTE I get no data, I'll get a signal indicator but I get no data at all. Any ideas?

edit: the *#*#DATA#*#* code pops up a "com.android.phone has stopped" error when I click Edit. I'm using the GApps as recommended in the OmniROM wiki.

edit: I've also noticed when I update PRL or Profile I get "Error: (Code:1)Internal Error" each time, could be related?
for me, i'm on ting, but still get 4g...anyways, it took a reboot or two after switching the "preferred network type" to lte to stick...seemed like if i didn't reboot after i made the switch it would revert back to the 2g/3g evdo stuff.
Galaxy Nexus Toroplus
Asus TF300t

DanAdamKOF
Old
(Last edited by DanAdamKOF; Yesterday at 04:30 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane PPC View Post
for me, i'm on ting, but still get 4g...anyways, it took a reboot or two after switching the "preferred network type" to lte to stick...seemed like if i didn't reboot after i made the switch it would revert back to the 2g/3g evdo stuff.
I definitely tried rebooting, toggling airplane mode, toggling mobile data, things of that nature, and got no LTE throughout any of that.

Is perhaps the com.android.phone crash related to me flashing GApps in recovery before OmniROM even ran for the first time? Like perhaps the dialer in OmniROM works OK but the dialer in the GApps package I flashed works badly for some reason. Sort of a scary thought, since I think I'm basically locking myself out of making any changes if I use the included dialer to make whichever changes (in my case, enabling LTE via the dialer secret menu) and then flash GApps over it.

Also, unrelated newbie question. I tried the included tethering ("Wi-Fi hotspot" in the settings) and it appears to work, on stock it would say my account didn't have it set up or whatever. Is Sprint equally as blind to this method of tethering as it is to the app I use ("Wifi Tether Router"), or does the included tethering somehow call home?

A few observations while I'm here, I have basically nothing but GApps installed so this could change once I actually use the thing, but my Toroplus is running pretty good, at least I think it is. I'm not noticing a lot of lag in the keyboard popping up or UI transitions or everyday things like that. I have had it seemingly crash to the home screen once or twice though, I think once I was fooling around in Google Now and poof, I was suddenly at my home screen. Hopefully I can get the kinks with LTE worked out (maybe I'll reflash tonight) and see if this is a suitable replacement daily driver for the latest stock rooted ROM I was using, would be nice to use KitKat and hopefully the 3G/LTE/WiFi handoffs are better on OmniROM

----
Later edit: Got home from work, wiped and flashed with no GApps and no SuperSU. I now see 4G and it appears to be working! I guess maybe the line I saw on OmniROM's site about installing GApps is optional or something. I could be way off but that's my hunch.

musical_chairs
Old
Thanks Meter 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanAdamKOF View Post
the *#*#DATA#*#* code pops up a "com.android.phone has stopped" error when I click Edit. I'm using the GApps as recommended in the OmniROM wiki.\
I think the issue there is between the Android 4.4.3+ dialer and the proprietary Sprint apps (SPC checker, etc.). For me, any of the hidden menus that require entering the SPC will crash like that. To access the actual programming (edit NAM), you'd need to flash back to 4.4.2 or older, or else use ETS.

Thankfully, the hidden menu LTE toggle does not require the SPC. You can access it using Activity launcher, it's under All activities/com.android.hiddenmenu/com.android.hiddenmenu.Advanced_Edit. The LTE checkbox is at the bottom.

Insane PPC
Old
Thanks Meter 37

DONATE TO ME
the only thing i'm noticing is with GPS. here's what i observe. i've changed my gps.conf with one for my region, i use gps test to clear my agps and then reboot phone. for a time (i only tested about an hour) it works perfectly, locking in a few seconds and always ready to rock.

after (like a day of work or a weekend) it see's all the gps sat's but it won't lock, until i clear out agps and do a reboot. i've tried it on stock gps.conf and modded one, also tried toggling off the gps and back on to the same issue. after i clear and reboot, i get gps super fast and accurate.

any ideas?
Galaxy Nexus Toroplus
Asus TF300t