[ROM][4.4.4][OFFICIAL] OmniROM Nightly Builds (TOROPLUS!)

OP MWisBest

13th October 2014, 04:13 PM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 2

44 posts
More
Switched from CM11 M4 to this ROM and from Clockworkmod Touch to TWRP. I love it! Fully functional bluetooth + data handoff is fantastic, and I'm digging the native-like upgrade solution.
17th October 2014, 01:16 PM   |  #32  
Flag Whittier,CA
Thanks Meter: 5,774

15,543 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane PPC

i'm on last night's nightly, running awesome.

the only thing is anyone else having issues with GPS? i have to clear my agps and then reboot the phone in order to get a lock. after the lock a few hours go by and it sees the satellites, but it will never lock.

i did try the north america gps.conf file but doesn't seem to help this issue.

thumbs up for the dev/maintainer! best rom i've had on this phone

You may want to try installing "Faster Fix" to set the continent and then install GPS STATUS and TOOLBOX. The initial GPS lock could take from 10 seconds to 10 minutes but after the first lock it will be good after that
17th October 2014, 09:20 PM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 2

19 posts
I posted about this on the omni rom forums here, but what do you think the chances of this rom being maintained to upgrade to Android Lollipop? It would keep me on the device and keep me from buying something new. I'd definately try to pitch in and donate to the maintainer the most I could afford at the time. Thanks!
18th October 2014, 03:23 AM   |  #34  
Thanks Meter: 312

509 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryancell

I posted about this on the omni rom forums here, but what do you think the chances of this rom being maintained to upgrade to Android Lollipop? It would keep me on the device and keep me from buying something new. I'd definately try to pitch in and donate to the maintainer the most I could afford at the time. Thanks!

This is what our maintainer had to say about the Lollipop announcement:
http://www.xda-developers.com/androi...ent-1637857202
The Following User Says Thank You to musical_chairs For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th October 2014, 09:27 PM   |  #35  
Thanks Meter: 34

205 posts
Is there a way to change the pro on this ROM?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Free mobile app
18th October 2014, 11:08 PM   |  #36  
Thanks Meter: 312

509 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkcreator

Is there a way to change the prl on this ROM?

Most of the good, proven ways don't work. The good old CDMATools.apk doesn't work on this ROM - you can flash the zip, but the app never shows up, I'm guessing it's a security thing. You can always write PRL's using ETS (see this thread), but since Sprint's SPC checker is broken by the 4.4.4 dialer, you need to mess around with something like Activity Launcher to find the right menu to set the ETS channel to USB mode, and some terminal commands to enable USB modem mode. All in all, that's a messy proposition.

Probably the best way would be to install something like Activity Launcher, put your new PRL on the root of your sdcard and name it Test.prl, then go to Activity Launcher/All activities/com.android.hiddenmenu/PRL Write. I think that should do it, though to be honest I usually flash CyanogenMod and CDMATools and do it that way.
19th October 2014, 12:10 AM   |  #37  
Thanks Meter: 34

205 posts
Thanks for the help.

20th October 2014, 12:22 AM   |  #38  
Flag Whittier,CA
Thanks Meter: 5,774

15,543 posts
Donate to Me
Just wanted to give the die hard crew of the GNex a heads up.,.. I went to sleep 2 nights ago right after charging my GNex to full.

I woke up in the morning and it was like my device got hit with a solar flare. My phone had power but EVERYTHING related to data and calling setups were either showing Error messages or things like my baseband, network, service state, MIN, PRL, MEID, IMEI, I.P. address were showing all zeros or "null" popup. I tried flashing every stock firmware version and still no data or calling... Only WiFi. I called tech support and went through 3 levels of tech people. We tried everything from a new activation to getting my MSL and trying to program each thing with dialer codes. Nothing worked. Finally It was mentioned by the smart tech that the LTE SIM has been getting fried because of the materials used to make it. Then I did some research and found out that the Galaxy S2, S3, S4 and even new iPhone are having this issue. Now newer devices can get an updated LTE card but on the Verizon and Sprint GNex its glued to the inner deck. The phone is deceased and I am in mourning but I did have insurance and the line is due to upgrade so I am HOPING I can get a device and not have to pay....the tech said I could because the software frired .......wish me luck. I need it!
Today, 01:18 AM   |  #39  
Flag Granite Falls, NC
Thanks Meter: 37

217 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCorleone

Just wanted to give the die hard crew of the GNex a heads up.,.. I went to sleep 2 nights ago right after charging my GNex to full.

I woke up in the morning and it was like my device got hit with a solar flare. My phone had power but EVERYTHING related to data and calling setups were either showing Error messages or things like my baseband, network, service state, MIN, PRL, MEID, IMEI, I.P. address were showing all zeros or "null" popup. I tried flashing every stock firmware version and still no data or calling... Only WiFi. I called tech support and went through 3 levels of tech people. We tried everything from a new activation to getting my MSL and trying to program each thing with dialer codes. Nothing worked. Finally It was mentioned by the smart tech that the LTE SIM has been getting fried because of the materials used to make it. Then I did some research and found out that the Galaxy S2, S3, S4 and even new iPhone are having this issue. Now newer devices can get an updated LTE card but on the Verizon and Sprint GNex its glued to the inner deck. The phone is deceased and I am in mourning but I did have insurance and the line is due to upgrade so I am HOPING I can get a device and not have to pay....the tech said I could because the software frired .......wish me luck. I need it!

good luck with the insurance. at least you got some use out of the ol' girl. my has a small chip in the corner of the device but nothing on the screen and i'll use this phone til it does the same as yours probably. cross your fingers for nexus 5

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread