[ROM][4.4.4][OFFICIAL] OmniROM Nightly Builds (TOROPLUS!)

OP MWisBest

2nd November 2014, 04:14 AM   |  #41  
Thanks Meter: 1

19 posts
been using this rom for about a week; really am enjoying it. yet, i lose root with each nightly. am i doing something wrong? i am not the most experienced custom rom'er.
4th November 2014, 01:48 AM   |  #42  
Thanks Meter: 389

598 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boathead

been using this rom for about a week; really am enjoying it. yet, i lose root with each nightly. am i doing something wrong? i am not the most experienced custom rom'er.

You aren't really doing anything wrong...there are two ways to not lose root with the nightlies. One is to install a backup script for whatever Superuser you are using (I think one is available for SuperSU), the other is to copy your Superuser zip into /sdcard/OpenDelta/FlashAfterUpdate/ , then go into Settings/About Phone/System Updates, tap the three-dot menu, and un-ckeck the 'Secure' box.
The Following User Says Thank You to musical_chairs For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th November 2014, 02:06 PM   |  #43  
Thanks Meter: 1

19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by musical_chairs

You aren't really doing anything wrong...there are two ways to not lose root with the nightlies. One is to install a backup script for whatever Superuser you are using (I think one is available for SuperSU), the other is to copy your Superuser zip into /sdcard/OpenDelta/FlashAfterUpdate/ , then go into Settings/About Phone/System Updates, tap the three-dot menu, and un-ckeck the 'Secure' box.

thank you! i'll try option 2 you presented. i wouldn't know how to do a script.
6th February 2015, 03:14 AM   |  #44  
Thanks Meter: 5

71 posts
More
I noticed at omni's wiki it doesnt show Galaxy Nexus...I assumed it would get lollipop since mwisbest has been working on the lollipop forkmylife rom.
http://docs.omnirom.org/Lollipop_Device_Status

I know he posted about it taking a back burner with school, so thats understandable. Just wondered if its in the plans to get omnirom 5.x going eventually? If not, then I'll dive into the forkmylife rom instead.

I'd like to donate (even if its not much) to the maintainer when I get some spare cash.
Last edited by ryancell; 9th February 2015 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Updated to reflect recent lollipop wiki list
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread