[ROM][AOSP][KK][cfX-Toolchain LLVM Clang 3.5] Sprint Galaxy Nexus codefireX Nightlie

Search This thread

jayshocka

Apr 11, 2011
peoria, az
Build 4-24 is running great! I do not get the battery life and data consistently that I get with this ROM any where else. However just wanted to report that the black out glitch on browser and some apps still exists. Other than than this is a solid build

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Oldbluesman

Dec 7, 2010
Good stuff

:good: Thank you for putting this ROM together, the first CFX ROM I used was the 1/31 nightly, I've upgraded many times since then having just flashed to the 3/29 nightly, I stuck with and continue to use this ROM for two reasons I mainly use this phone as a test device to check signal strength among other things and upload logs with that data, this ROM works out great for that and gives accurate readings.

:victory: The built in Sprint CDMA Tools app is very nice and comes in handy as well.

Also this phone is my primary internet access point throughout the day. This ROM was the first one I could find that had a stable WiFi Access point and would switch between 3G and 4G while I was driving around, it does still get hung occasionally but quick data toggle gets it going again no problem and this is with the GJ04 CDMA and LTE modems.

I noticed the screen rotation is much smoother now, it doesn't glitch any more, I do want to mention that when using the default web browser big chunks of the screen block up and go black, if you rotate the screen back and fourth and the black boxes move around the screen, Google Chrome works fine though so not a very big deal.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    pre_1390702648__cfxsig1.png

CodefireX 4.4.3.2.1.000.000 Open Master

CodefireX.com

pre_1391201081__hamag.png

This well established Android distribution treats development differently than any other to further our Android platform as a whole. This is the fastest source built ROM you will find on this forum, and also the only one to utilize our unique build system and a custom LLVM 3.5 suite based toolchain globally.
    Here is our very well supported Issue Tracker.
    pre_1391201054__9l5fz.png

We utilize a plethora of unique optimizations in a build system unlike any other:

Utilizing the LLVM CLANG CI globally, working heavily with upstreams with a goal of furthering our entire Android platform.
    Consistently updated upstream toolchain module source with our custom backports, fixes, and optimizations applied in a patch at build time.
    Fully built utilizing Link Time Optimization and Polly optimizations (another custom ROM first). Feel free to google these a bit.
    Much of our source have code fixes, cleanups, and many minor optimizations to set us even further ahead of the community. These are too generous to even speak of here.
    Optimizations are toggled on and off based on device for the best experience we can achieve for your device without sacrificing stability
    Many Qcom optimizations and AOSP master (upstream) optimizations and fixes using device specifications to determine usage.
    Fully built utilizing strict aliasing and isognu++11 mode.
    Utilizing all O4 optimizations (Optimization Level 4) including LTO (with binutils plugins), and additionally LLVM Polly.

Of course we also have several neat UI features, including but not limited to:

T-Mobile Theme Engine.
    DPI Wizard (no junk like build.prop tweaks).
    Quick Settings panel customizations.
    Live network stats in your statusbar.
    Button backlight customizations.
    Hardware button customizations.
    Volume button customizations.
    Many more being added during the nightly builds.

NOTE: Only "AnyKernel" flashable kernel zips are supported.

pre_1391201067__d92id.png

ToroPlus Download & Support thread

pre_1391201095__lpnqc.png

Our thanks go out to all the open source developers who made our work possible.
    Below is an ever-incomplete list of some of the 'indirect' contributors to our ROMs:

Lean Kernel
    The Android Open Source Project
    LLVM CI
    Linux Foundation
    Showp1984 for the awesome kernel!
    Code Aurora Forum
    CyanogenMod Inc.
    Chainfire
    Many more!

codefireX, a ROM for the Sprint Galaxy Nexus

Contributors
    synergye, bigrushdog, jrior001, anders3408, RaymanFX, ajf64, rlasalle15, Roach
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP + Win!

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: Nightlies
    Thanks for rom. Clean flashed and I'm getting the big black box graphical issues in some apps early kit kat roms had but I haven't seen for some time

Yes we are aware of this and are actively working on fixing it we hope to have it fixed in the next few builds
    Ha Ha FIRST!!!! definetly going to check this out Thanks for another Toroplus ROM

NP even though i moved to N5 we still feel the need to show the gnex some love
    Tried to register on your site, still have not gotten activation email. Just Fyi

weird im sorry about that i approved your account you should be all set now can you do me a favor and see if it is in your junk mail
    Finally,cfx is back !
    Thanks for your love on gn.