[ROM][4.2]Stock Built Sprint 4.2.1-AreYouJellin-Updated Dec. 4! 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dreamsforgotten

May 4, 2010
Louisiana
Last week I did a dirty install of the deodexed version of 4.2.1 and location services didn't work. Just did a complete wipe all around and still the same thing. I read that there was a fix an few pages back but for the life of me I cannot find it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The patches we release soon as a bug is noticed and then we upload the patch into the actual rom. Yesterday i updated the download links is the one now the same one you already have cause you shouldn't need a patch

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

stoneworrior

Jun 18, 2010
That's what happens when I don't keep up. I have the download from last week (sigh) downloading again, thanks

SilentStormer

Jan 28, 2012
The land of no-iPhones
Just by the way, I found what my SMS issues were. Just me being stupid with some Google Voice settings. Now its all better, also may I comment that this is by far the best battery life I've ever gotten on my Gnex. I've gotten upwards of 2&1/2 hours of screen on and I'm loving this ROM.

Thank you so much for the awesome ROM Dreams and Protocol. I'm completely satisfied with the ROM as is and I look forward to you guy's development in the future :D

stoneworrior

Jun 18, 2010
Last edited:

dreamsforgotten

May 4, 2010
Louisiana
Complete wipe same thing

And the download link is broken. Very frustrating when you're using your phone. I finally clicked on read more and that takes me to the download link. Watch this short and boring video and then you'll understand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4peUaQE6wd8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

As far as the rom itself will you please try one more time with the odex version. I want to see if you experience it there as well.

With the download page, there is one reason for that. 2 people changing one thread with too many external servers :(
The best remedy that I'll see happens asap is protocol create a new thread for jellin and hold down the op himself.

dreamsforgotten

May 4, 2010
Louisiana
As far as the rom itself will you please try one more time with the odex version. I want to see if you experience it there as well.

With the download page, there is one reason for that. 2 people changing one thread with too many external servers :(
The best remedy that I'll see happens asap is protocol create a new thread for jellin and hold down the op himself.

I apologize for the bull **** i would be aggrevated myself and I'm sure people are who haven't posted.

stoneworrior

Jun 18, 2010

I get this broken link error when I go to odex version. Not sure which one I should download?
za2e8ehu.jpg

PROTOCOL

Jan 8, 2011
littleton
The download link isn't broken I guess some people don't know how to use computers and phones. I'm closing this thread to save face because I'm tired of dreams looking bad for stuff that lately has been user error. I'll have a new jell in thread up tonight.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355712853193.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355712853193.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 157
  • uploadfromtaptalk1355712863151.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355712863151.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 158
Reactions: JediNinjafication

stoneworrior

Jun 18, 2010
The download link isn't broken I guess some people don't know how to use computers and phones. I'm closing this thread to save face because I'm tired of dreams looking bad for stuff that lately has been user error. I'll have a new jell in thread up tonight.

Really u r gonna go there? Watch the video up a couple of posts up, your download link is broken. You have to go to read more to get to the download. And I wasnt trying to be @ss
The second broken link is from the odex version.
This video shows your link is broken...

dreamsforgotten

May 4, 2010
Louisiana
Really u r gonna go there? Watch the video up a couple of posts up, your download link is broken. You have to go to read more to get to the download. And I wasnt trying to be @ss
The second broken link is from the odex version.
This video shows your link is broken...

Bear with me I'm mobile and i fixed those links two days ago on my laptop but it seems i forgot to upload the html file. This i is on me

Reactions: stoneworrior

PROTOCOL

Jan 8, 2011
littleton
All u have to do is click on CDMA nexus scroll down and the download is there. But no worries

stoneworrior

Jun 18, 2010
All u have to do is click on CDMA nexus scroll down and the download is there. But no worries

I know how to get to your link download link, I am still having problems with location services on deodexed. Dreams wants me to try the odex version to see if the problem goes away. The odex version links are the issue.

Edit:JUST FYI I wasn't trying to be mean or rude about any of this. You know your way around your site so it isn't obvious to you why this is confusing. If you put ten people in a room and told them to find the download for the gnex I bet at least eight would have issues. Not until just now using my laptop did I figure out that the Wording "CDMA GALAXY NEXUS (SPRINT)" was also a link. Those words are not colored differently, not italicized, there is nothing special to indicate this as a link. There is nothing special to draw my attention to that when looking at it on a small or large screen. You DO however draw my attention to the small italicized word "DOWNLOADS" and that takes you back to the same page. Honestly anyone new to this page will click on that link and wonder what is going on. Now if you would somehow draw my attention to "CDMA GALAXY NEXUS (SPRINT)" to make it obvious that that was a link then it would be simple wouldn't it? This is very basic web site design and this is how we (The average user) has been trained to use a web page. How hard would it be for you to just change the code to the word "Download" to take you to the correct space since that is where you have directed my and everyone else's attention in the first place? Again my intent is not to be rude or inflammatory, I'm just giving you some very reasonably views on how the page is laid out.

ru9a6ezu.jpg

Last edited:

PROTOCOL

Jan 8, 2011
littleton
Any way. Setting up new op for jellin. Hope no one has any hard feelings towards this process we have all gone through. We both started building websites and transferring **** to new servers and colliding on many different levels when it came to this. This rom is my baby and i plan to make sure that in the future i maintain and focus on the perfection of this rom so the end users dont have to go through any issues. Just remember this **** may look easy but countless hours go into making it work and preparing for any kind of release can be rough.
***Ive re written some code on my site to make the downloads section easier***

JediNinjafication

Jun 11, 2012
Burbank, CA
I know how to get to your link download link, I am still having problems with location services on deodexed. Dreams wants me to try the odex version to see if the problem goes away. The odex version links are the issue.

Edit:JUST FYI I wasn't trying to be mean or rude about any of this. You know your way around your site so it isn't obvious to you why this is confusing. If you put ten people in a room and told them to find the download for the gnex I bet at least eight would have issues. Not until just now using my laptop did I figure out that the Wording "CDMA GALAXY NEXUS (SPRINT)" was also a link. Those words are not colored differently, not italicized, there is nothing special to indicate this as a link. There is nothing special to draw my attention to that when looking at it on a small or large screen. You DO however draw my attention to the small italicized word "DOWNLOADS" and that takes you back to the same page. Honestly anyone new to this page will click on that link and wonder what is going on. Now if you would somehow draw my attention to "CDMA GALAXY NEXUS (SPRINT)" to make it obvious that that was a link then it would be simple wouldn't it? This is very basic web site design and this is how we (The average user) has been trained to use a web page. How hard would it be for you to just change the code to the word "Download" to take you to the correct space since that is where you have directed my and everyone else's attention in the first place? Again my intent is not to be rude or inflammatory, I'm just giving you some very reasonably views on how the page is laid out.

ru9a6ezu.jpg

I must be one of the two that could find it.

Both dreams and protocol... you guys kick a++ and don't ever think otherwise.

*The Ninj-ESS*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

AAAAAAAARRRRE YOU Jellin 4.2

Welcome your new rom chef Protocol now compiling and supporting the rom from here out
    Follow him @P_R_O_T_O_C_O_L
    Follow me @Dreamsforgott3n
    Follow Shabby @shabbypenguin​

FRESHLY UPDATED Dec. 4, 2012
    Now with the official build.prop, proprietary files, etc for jellybean!​
    FIXED:
    GPS lock
    Google Backup Transport - Muzzy for the heads up
    December bug - Google Code patch mention
    Updated to 4.1.2 code merge

Alright ladies and gentlemen the time is here already. Fully working 4.2 Jelly Bean for the Sprint Galaxy Nexus. This rom is bone stock jelly bean just like the GSM ota will be no modifications are or will be included.

Working: Everything tested
    Cell/3G/4G - Thanks BRD
    Wifi
    NFC
    GPS
    MMS
    Bluetooth
    Sounds volume
    Compass muzzy kernel stock with compass 180° correction.
    Google Now
    Odex Version ready

Jellin 4.2.1
    Protocol developing the deodex.
    Dreamsforgotten developing the odex.

Jellin 4.2
    Credit to everyone pitched in including Maddoggin, Uber, John Corleone, BigRushDog, marcusva79, motcher41, and a shout out to K0nane who is always on the list of those who's assisting.

A very special thanks to my friend btux81 who's contributions have proven invaluable to the roms getting built. He's kindly donated hardware repeatedly to keep my build machines top notch! He's a very generous guy and is also partly responsible for you all enjoying Jellin so thank him when you see him in the forums.

Jellin 4.1
    Credit to ShabbyPenguin for working with me and protocol hand in hand and Uber for testing while I was away from a pc. Special thanks to Maddoggin for fixing the gapps and vendor!

Welcome Protocol as the new Rom chef and head of jellin. 8/15/12

Source built rom, code from here
    https://android.googlesource.com

DOWNLOAD THIS BABY

Jellin Android version 4.2

*****Warning Warning Warning****** Android 4.2 is known to fu** with your sd card and move everything into a folder called /0/ if you haven't heard yet. Twrp's newest release for the toroplus is said to fix this issue. If you flash and your backups get put on the sd card in a /0/ folder then you will have to move them back to the root of the sdcard to flash. It's best to have another rom on your phone to flash over to if your flashing this for the first time. A full wipe is needed if your not already on the rom

Jellin4.2.1.zip STOCK AOSP 4.2.1 BUILD DEODEX http://dreamsforgotten.net/projects.html
    AUJ4.2-Release-ODEX.zip STOCK AOSP 4.2.1 BUILD ODEX http://dreamsforgotten.net/projects.html

Archived: 4.1.2
    http://protocol.shabbypenguin.com/Roms/Samsung/Galaxy-Nexus/Milestone5.zip

Vendor/Device files
    : Android 4.2
    coming soon as well as posted to http://dreamsforgotten.net

Vendor/Device files
    : Android 4.1.2

https://github.com/dreamsforgotten/android_device_samsung_toroplus
    https://github.com/dreamsforgotten/jelly_vendor_toroplus

Rom Source:
    https://android.googlesource.com

Build from source http://dreamsforgotten.net/gnexbuild.html and get your questions answered in the developers support thread.

Kernel Source:

Stock JOP40D kernel included with the android source compass swapped 180°.

DONATIONS
    Should you wish to donate to Shabby please do so right here!

Should you wish to donate to Dreams you can do so right here
    :)

[URL=" https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=Q83KKE6VBDTYN]Should you wish to donate to Protocol you can do so right here [/URL]​
    Donators:
    Flashback7
    Coycaine
    Talkdj
    J.trice1976
    winter128
    tyea
    KidDynamite
    peabody42
    m0ckery13
    Yankee Girl Themes
    KrazyFiend
    Spdwiz18
    David Kress
    Adam Cooks
    Benjamin Byers
    Troy Taylor
    Budde2
    stonewarrior*
    Malibu_23
    KC_Exactly
    Nevell
    Jens Knutson
    NPD337
    Eric Stabinski
    Jfive490
    JediNinjafication

Thanks for your continued support :D
    JR003H

hey man, i been working on this rom for a minute and i think it came out pretty good. However, im posting it here as a test and a treat for you guys. this is built from stock JB source with a bunch of cherry-picks from cm-gerrit. so while it may resemble cm10 it is NOT cm10. the difference is cm-10 is built and shares code for like what 100 devices? (not putting cm down folks, theyre awesome and do allot for this community) but this Rom was built specifically for sprint ToroPlus what this means is no shared rils no other shared libs with other phones just straight stock jb source built with mods in it! so actually think of Dreams and shabbys rom with mods in it. thats it! what mods are included? ill let you find out!

http://www.mediafire.com/?m29do5bvbywbeb9

oh this is Jb JR003H updated from google source!

oh this hads gapps included folks! just flash the rom right over dreams rom if u want should work! but for best results wipe clean!!

ENJOY!
    Damn

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Dreamsforgotten,
    As far as Toroplus goes the situation will remain the same. I'll continue to support it as a development device.

Before I'm banned (I always get a feeling before these things happen) Let me get the word out. I was hit with a PM for GPL compliance with XDA and I checked my threads the best I could to find out which one was the offending thread. I really have bigger issues right now with IDK a F**kin hurricane over my head in Louisiana. SMH... Anyway, this guy (unfortunately for us our resident Mod) xHausx must feel left out from the community he doesn't contribute to, felt the need to close Black Bean thread since boarding my windows was more important that noting a thread where to find the goddamn kernel source. This is obviously a personal attack since I explained to him mother nature doesn't give a Sh*t about GPL and I would attend to it a.s.a.p.