MSL Finder is a very simple script that will find your MSL on your Sprint Galaxy Nexus. Some might think "Well, why use this when we have apps like MSL Finder?" As of now, none of the MSL readers in the market can find the MSL. I have tested this extensively on Team EOS build 5 and it works for me just fine every time. I also flashed this with the latest TWRP. If you have any issues, please let me know!
What does this script do?
- Install Busybox if not installed
- Find the MSL
- Save it automatically to your sdcard (/sdcard/msl.txt)
- Read MSL from saved file
- Delete MSL file
How do I install it?
If you download the flashable.zip below:
- Download the file below and put it on your sdcard
- Reboot to recovery and flash!
If you download the non-flashable.zip below:
- Extract the .zip
- Place "msl" in /system/bin
- Place "busybox" in /data/local (if you don't have busybox installed already)
- Set all permissons on /system/bin/msl via Root Explorer or similar
Use adb to set the permission
adb shell chmod 777 /system/bin/msl
How do I use it?
- Open Terminal Emulator, or similar (NOTE: You can do "adb shell" and run it from there as well)
- Type "su" (lowercase, no quotes - approve Superuser request if prompted)
- Type "msl" (lowercase, no quotes)
- Follow the prompts
- NOTE: This was designed to run at stock font size on Terminal Emulator
NOTE: The correct code to enter is *#*#DATA#*#*, the directions might have a typo within the script. Will be fixed in next build.
Credits and thanks
- -viperboy- for the script
- bigrushdog for implementation!
- myn for the idea to capture MSL!
- drdrewdown for the instructions!
- Let me know if I missed anyone!
MSL Finder v1.1 FLASHABLE - https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6621763/Spr...inder_v1.2.zip
MSL Finder v1.1 NON-FLASHABLE (just the .zip) - http://bit.ly/IGpbwx