23rd April 2012, 06:07 PM   |  #11  
Flag Rineyville, KY
Thanks Meter: 755

4,213 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip

With the non google stock roms there are 2 files that 'could' be present in the system folder. If these files are present and you flash a custom recovery image such as cwm or twrp then on your next reboot the stock recovery will be reflashed and you will lose your custom recovery. To stop this from happening I simply rename the 2 files if they are present so they cant do any harm. The exact commands I use are:

You can rename them yourself but you need root access and a root explorer.

Unlocking the bootloader will wipe EVERYTHING including the virtual sd card whether done manually or using the ToolKit there is no way round this. Even flashing a rom via odin with the phone still locked will unlock the phone and wipe it during the process.

Mark.

O OK thanks for that. I see u mention odin I see it was used for everything with the epic 4g touch (SGS2) but I don't see that yet from this even tho there's a dl mode? Well thanks

__________________________________________________ ___
Sent from my SPH-L700-GNEX-using Tapatalk 2
23rd April 2012, 07:57 PM   |  #12  
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 13,869

11,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon9mouz

O OK thanks for that. I see u mention odin I see it was used for everything with the epic 4g touch (SGS2) but I don't see that yet from this even tho there's a dl mode? Well thanks

I think people just prefer using fastboot I know I certainly do.

Mark.
The Following User Says Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 08:08 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 29

379 posts
Awesome, going to check it out ASAP. I hate not being able to install my root required apps (ES Explorer/Titanium/etc).

Just got my GNex yesterday, was only one of two that the store got.
23rd April 2012, 08:10 PM   |  #14  
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 13,869

11,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAYGO

Awesome, going to check it out ASAP. I hate not being able to install my root required apps (ES Explorer/Titanium/etc).

Just got my GNex yesterday, was only one of two that the store got.

You're lucky then I think there has been more demand for the Nexus than anyone thought and most places are out of stock.

Mark.
23rd April 2012, 09:43 PM   |  #15  

379 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip

You're lucky then I think there has been more demand for the Nexus than anyone thought and most places are out of stock.

Mark.

I KNOW! I tried doing the preorder, but I had just dropped $4500 on getting my roof repaired & the funds were all tied up. By time I had em, the preorder had closed.

I half expected a line or something when I got there, but wasn't anyone. Asked for it, she said "hmm, let me check". Came back with one in her hand saying they only received two & mine was the last one.

I'm not taking time to set it all up until I root it . . . only to repeat it. I'm kinda befuddled about the lack of SD Card slot though. I didn't realize it didn't come with one until I had pulled the battery looking for where it mounted!
23rd April 2012, 09:51 PM   |  #16  
Flag Rineyville, KY
Thanks Meter: 755

4,213 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAYGO

I KNOW! I tried doing the preorder, but I had just dropped $4500 on getting my roof repaired & the funds were all tied up. By time I had em, the preorder had closed.

I half expected a line or something when I got there, but wasn't anyone. Asked for it, she said "hmm, let me check". Came back with one in her hand saying they only received two & mine was the last one.

I'm not taking time to set it all up until I root it . . . only to repeat it. I'm kinda befuddled about the lack of SD Card slot though. I didn't realize it didn't come with one until I had pulled the battery looking for where it mounted!

Plus one on no sd

23rd April 2012, 10:10 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
Will be doing this when I get home from work! I was glad I picked my GNex up yesterday...it was the only one my store received! So I was quite happy...can't wait for more support on the sprint side.
23rd April 2012, 11:06 PM   |  #18  

379 posts
I couldn't wait, I rooted after lunch. Getting Swype installed, first thing, EVERY time. I needs my Swype!

Then to get some apps on there. Connection sucks at work though.
24th April 2012, 01:38 AM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
Unhappy Can someone please pull the radio for the sprint galaxy nexus
I did a n00b mistake and restored a google factory image for VZW on my Sprint Galaxy Nexus...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
24th April 2012, 01:46 AM   |  #20  
Flag baltimore
Thanks Meter: 51

558 posts
More
I may have spoke so soon. I'm getting error 7 assert fail when flashing a twrp recovery zip. Is that an issue with the recovery on the toolkit or the zip. I flashed a teerom and kernel with no issues though.....

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread