Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,517 Members 36,879 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TOOLKIT] SKIPSOFT ANDROID TOOLKIT -GNEX V12.1.1 SPR- Drivers, Root, Recovery + MORE

Tip us?

needspractice
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 4
Default Re: [GNex TOOLKIT V10.1] Drivers, Backup, Unlock, Root, CWM, Flash, Mods + MORE [SPRI

Can anyone help me with my prior post in the 20th?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium App

jeffnoone
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Wind Mobile Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Sorry for reposting from #628, but hoping someone could give me a best guess on this, as I dont want to screw a costly device, without knowing relatively certainly it works. Any help appreciated

Can I use this toolkit to update a Canadian Wind Mobile Samsung Galaxy Nexus to 4.2.2?
Which image should I use?

Some backgroound info
This phone comes from Wind not locked to any carrier
Wind operates in the 1700 and 2100 bands for data (like T-Mobile) - GSM
The Android OS I have rooted and unlocked.
Currently phone is on 4.1.1 (Wind have never notified me of any update)
Baseband: I9250UGLH1
Build Number: JRO03C.I9250UGLH1

Thanks
Jeff

mskip
Old
Retired Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 13,688

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorree View Post
i've updated files, and at the end of trying to root i've got
Booting into Android using an Insecure Boot Image..
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [ 0.487s]
booting...
FAILED (remote: Bootloader Locked - Use "fastboot oem unlock" to Unlock)
finished. total time: 0.509s

am i doing something wrong ?
Yes you are you need to unlock the bootloader before any images can be flashed or booted to your device. Just be aware that unlocking the bootloader will wipe your device and format your internal storage.

Mark.

mskip
Old
Thanks Meter 13,688

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffnoone View Post
Sorry for reposting from #628, but hoping someone could give me a best guess on this, as I dont want to screw a costly device, without knowing relatively certainly it works. Any help appreciated

Can I use this toolkit to update a Canadian Wind Mobile Samsung Galaxy Nexus to 4.2.2?
Which image should I use?

Some backgroound info
This phone comes from Wind not locked to any carrier
Wind operates in the 1700 and 2100 bands for data (like T-Mobile) - GSM
The Android OS I have rooted and unlocked.
Currently phone is on 4.1.1 (Wind have never notified me of any update)
Baseband: I9250UGLH1
Build Number: JRO03C.I9250UGLH1

Thanks
Jeff
It looks closest matched to the yakju model so I would choose from the Yakju GSM model list:

14. Android 4.1.1 (Build JRO03C)

Mark.
The Following User Says Thank You to mskip For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mskip
Old
Thanks Meter 13,688

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by needspractice View Post
Can anyone help me with my prior post in the 20th?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium App
What was the post?

Mark.

needspractice
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 4
This was the post. I was wondering if you had a Sprint ROM in your toolkit that can literally sperate the LTE signal via option or something. I heard some ROMS can do this but I haven't found any. Also if a ROM can that you don't have can I put the ROM in the ROM folder and flash it with your software? Would that work? I don't care about phone calls I just want a dedicated LTE connection to which I can turn on or off via a setting.

Here is the post.

I am not sure if this is a weird question or not. I love the toolkit, flat out awesome. I updated my sprint nexus with all the ota updates and it went to crap with horrible battery life and slower performace and it took away my portable hot spot. well now I have all that back with your tool kit. I just flashed your latest rom you had available with is still 4.1.1 and I think I was on 4.2.1 or something.

My question is I finally got my MSL code and my phone nicely rooted but I still have a problem. I can not get LTE only option on my device. I heard some sprint people having that option in their MSL options but I was wondering if they were wrong somehow or am I misreading something? Is there a ROM for this for Sprint or is there any other way to get LTE only option in MSL settings or ROM setting or what?

I just didn't know if I used the toolkit and flash a different ROM maybe it would give me that option but I am unsure. I could care less about text calls and phone calls so if anyone could help me that would be great.

Best,
needspractice

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

Bascially what I am asking is can I flash for example Eclispe 2.1 with your software?

petemills8
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Bascially what I am asking is can I flash for example Eclispe 2.1 with your software?
What does flashing a ROM have to do with this toolkit? Just flash the ROM in recovery like most instructions for most ROMs say to do.

Technically I guess you could use the toolkit to get your phone into recovery to flash a ROM, but I feel you are introducing unnecessary steps into what should be a fairly straightforward process.

mskip
Old
Thanks Meter 13,688

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
This was the post. I was wondering if you had a Sprint ROM in your toolkit that can literally sperate the LTE signal via option or something. I heard some ROMS can do this but I haven't found any. Also if a ROM can that you don't have can I put the ROM in the ROM folder and flash it with your software? Would that work? I don't care about phone calls I just want a dedicated LTE connection to which I can turn on or off via a setting.

Here is the post.

I am not sure if this is a weird question or not. I love the toolkit, flat out awesome. I updated my sprint nexus with all the ota updates and it went to crap with horrible battery life and slower performace and it took away my portable hot spot. well now I have all that back with your tool kit. I just flashed your latest rom you had available with is still 4.1.1 and I think I was on 4.2.1 or something.

My question is I finally got my MSL code and my phone nicely rooted but I still have a problem. I can not get LTE only option on my device. I heard some sprint people having that option in their MSL options but I was wondering if they were wrong somehow or am I misreading something? Is there a ROM for this for Sprint or is there any other way to get LTE only option in MSL settings or ROM setting or what?

I just didn't know if I used the toolkit and flash a different ROM maybe it would give me that option but I am unsure. I could care less about text calls and phone calls so if anyone could help me that would be great.

Best,
needspractice

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

Sorry I dont really know anything about LTE options on Sprint Roms. Best bet is to look at the Roms available in the Development Forum.

Mark.

razorree
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip View Post
Yes you are you need to unlock the bootloader before any images can be flashed or booted to your device. Just be aware that unlocking the bootloader will wipe your device and format your internal storage.
Mark.
thanks for info, i'm aware of cleaning my phone, but i though that it's not necessary just for rooting.

OutlawPro
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just to verify, I'm currently rooted with an unlocked bootloader on version 4.2.1. If I use option #9 to flash 4.2.2, would I still maintain root and unlocked bootloader? I just don't want to have to wipe my phone again to unlock the bootloader and I'm tired of the OTA notification.