Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,915 Members 41,916 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android 4.2 Launcher backported to Jelly Bean

Tip us?

mystichobo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 127

DONATE TO ME
Default Android 4.2 Launcher backported to Jelly Bean

Hey Guys!
Spent a bit of time this arvo playing with the apk files from the 4.2 leak and decided to have a shot at backporting the launcher to work with Jelly Bean.

Pretty much all that is changed is a couple of strings which are obviously using new 4.2 things (but seem to be irrelevant to the launcher's functioning - stuff like accessibility levels I think they were), and changed the target API so it will work on 4.1.

It can be downloaded here:
http://d-h.st/hRk

Not sure what's new, but to me at least it seems a fair bit snappier at least compared to nova and apex.

I installed it like a normal app and it worked fine, but if you have the stock aosp launcher installed you may want to uninstall it.

Cheers,
hobo
The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to mystichobo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NORCALkID
Old
Thanks Meter 244
Thanks I will try this out

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

bobbypink
Old
Thanks Meter 19
cool! i will definitely try this out. thanks !

dyepnoodle
Old
Thanks Meter 180
working here! i thought it has the 5x5 app drawer like the nexus 4

Arrio
Old
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
It does feel snappier, hopefully not a place boo effect.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

zyasin
Old
Thanks Meter 3
i tried 4.2 launcher but there is no any changes...

vince7
Old
Thanks Meter 27
No changes at all?

mystichobo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 127

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by vince7 View Post
No changes at all?

Nothing overly noticeable.
I'd say most of the changes are behind the scenes, it does feel a lot faster for me.

dcunited08
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystichobo View Post
Hey Guys!
Spent a bit of time this arvo playing with the apk files from the 4.2 leak and decided to have a shot at backporting the launcher to work with Jelly Bean.

Pretty much all that is changed is a couple of strings which are obviously using new 4.2 things (but seem to be irrelevant to the launcher's functioning - stuff like accessibility levels I think they were), and changed the target API so it will work on 4.1.

Not sure what's new, but to me at least it seems a fair bit snappier at least compared to nova and apex.

I installed it like a normal app and it worked fine, but if you have the stock aosp launcher installed you may want to uninstall it.

Cheers,
hobo
It appears to be missing the new functionality that is in 4.2 such as quick access to settings.

gencka
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystichobo View Post
Hey Guys!

Cheers,
hobo
I can not install because I have stock launcher, I dont know how to uninstall launcher?