Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

first android user - recommend me some games!

OP unknown00

21st April 2012, 03:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

158 posts
price is not an issue

coming from an iphone, i want some games that are "new" or "unique" or that can show off what it can do. what i don't want is people saying like angry birds or words with friends or stuff like that. i am interested to see the possibilities of this bigger screen and faster hardware
21st April 2012, 04:06 PM   |  #2  
Account currently disabled
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 30

360 posts
Donate to Me
More
shadowgun & need for speed hot pursuit have some of the best graphics out there

Sent from my i9250 (GSM) Galaxy Nexus.
Phazenine@Twitter
21st April 2012, 04:50 PM   |  #3  
Flag in a Toaster
Thanks Meter: 134

181 posts
Donate to Me
More
Modern Combat 3 ore Shadowgun are Great games
21st April 2012, 05:17 PM   |  #4  
Flag Gosport, Hampshire
Thanks Meter: 73

59 posts
I'd definately recommend Riptide
21st April 2012, 05:21 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 77

119 posts
More
+1 for Riptide ;D
21st April 2012, 05:45 PM   |  #6  
Flag Austin, TX

514 posts
More
Welcome to Android. I don't mean to burst your bubble but gaming experience isn't quite up to par as iOS yet. Its getting better with the release of games like Temple Run and some of the other 3D games mentioned above. Also better hardware won't do much. Games are far better optimized for iOS so its a smoother experience. The bigger screen is really the only advantage here.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
21st April 2012, 05:50 PM   |  #7  
Flag Austin, TX

514 posts
More
If you really want to show off this phone, start looking into rooting and installing custom ROMS. You can boost performance greatly and can install Google Wallet and when you go to McDonalds you can pay with your phone and your iPhone buddies will be like "WTF!?!?!, daz sooo kewl!" Also, try installing a new launcher such as Apex Launcher or Nova Launcher. You will be able to show off how you can customize your device which is really the high point of Android.

21st April 2012, 06:19 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 35

97 posts
I just downloaded Slice It, and it is AMAZING. Literally the first game I can spend an hour on and not get bored out of my mind.

Simple premise, beautiful execution, hundreds of levels, and its FREE.

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacisblack

Welcome to Android. I don't mean to burst your bubble but gaming experience isn't quite up to par as iOS yet. Its getting better with the release of games like Temple Run and some of the other 3D games mentioned above. Also better hardware won't do much. Games are far better optimized for iOS so its a smoother experience. The bigger screen is really the only advantage here.

How is that relevant? Sure, the iphone has MORE games, but you can't say that the experience is better or worse. I don't understand where people come up with this 'smoother experience' type language. Haven't played a game on the phone yet that lags or stutters. And I'll take an extra inch of screen space ANY day of the week.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to number3pencil For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2012, 06:54 PM   |  #9  
Flag Austin, TX

514 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by number3pencil

I just downloaded Slice It, and it is AMAZING. Literally the first game I can spend an hour on and not get bored out of my mind.

Simple premise, beautiful execution, hundreds of levels, and its FREE.

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

How is that relevant? Sure, the iphone has MORE games, but you can't say that the experience is better or worse. I don't understand where people come up with this 'smoother experience' type language. Haven't played a game on the phone yet that lags or stutters. And I'll take an extra inch of screen space ANY day of the week.

What do you mean how is it relevant? iOS is better for gaming regardless of screen size. I'm not afraid to tell the truth and its apparent you've never used an iPhone for more than 10 minutes yet you're probably the one telling iOS fanboys that they've never used Android for more than 10 minutes. iOS is smoother on everything not because its better but because its coded using native code just like WP7. Games, Apps, Web are all much more consistent with the UI and achieve higher frame rates. Yeah, I don't get lag on my games either but that doesn't mean its just as smooth. There's no arguing that. Instead of trying to cast aside the problem, why don't you acknowledge it and perhaps help to make it better.

The Following User Says Thank You to Zacisblack For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2012, 06:58 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

158 posts
how about like just overall fun small addicting games (not necessarily high graphics)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread