[APP] 6/12 NFC Task Launcher 3.6.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

meta96

May 20, 2010
If you want to test 3.9 shoot me an email ...

Missed your apk, but it's ok. Now with 3.9 in the playstore ... here a big thanx.

a) Pause option ... great (now ican start my upnp setup, after wifi-connection is running for shure)
b) New(?) media control .. great

This is NFC-funktion i was waiting for, thanx :good:

p.s. one small thing, i still can't kill bubbleupnp (but i think it must be a xperia-problem ... )

krohnjw

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 17, 2007
Plainfield
Missed your apk, but it's ok. Now with 3.9 in the playstore ... here a big thanx.

a) Pause option ... great (now ican start my upnp setup, after wifi-connection is running for shure)
b) New(?) media control .. great

This is NFC-funktion i was waiting for, thanx :good:

p.s. one small thing, i still can't kill bubbleupnp (but i think it must be a xperia-problem ... )

Email me, I'll send you a new build that might do it. If not send me the log from that build.

andrewilley

Mar 17, 2006
Birmingham
Nice app, just playing with it at the moment but seems useful.

One quick question, I've disabled Notification Sound and Vibrate within the app's Settings screen, but my Galaxy S3 still beeps every time I scan a tag. Most of the time that's OK, but the tag I want to set up for bedtime use is basically to make the phone quiet/dim (so I don't disturb my partner when I get home after a late shift at work) but the loud beep when the tag is scanned somewhat negates that aim... am I doing something wrong?

Andre

krohnjw

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 17, 2007
Plainfield
Nice app, just playing with it at the moment but seems useful.

One quick question, I've disabled Notification Sound and Vibrate within the app's Settings screen, but my Galaxy S3 still beeps every time I scan a tag. Most of the time that's OK, but the tag I want to set up for bedtime use is basically to make the phone quiet/dim (so I don't disturb my partner when I get home after a late shift at work) but the loud beep when the tag is scanned somewhat negates that aim... am I doing something wrong?

Andre

That sound is part of the NFC service. It can't be disabled unless you flash a modified NFC service to your device.

andrewilley

Mar 17, 2006
Birmingham
The sounds are in the resource folder in the APK. You'll need to replace them and repack.

Excellent, thank you for the quick response.

I know APKs are basically just ZIP archives, but I've never edited one - can I simply use WinRAR to replace the start.ogg and other sound files with silent versions, or do I need to do anything else with the archive file afterwards (not sure if APKs have any special checksums or other info added).

[Edit: Search is, of course, my friend... APK Manager at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=695701 covers it nicely in case anyone else wants to do the same thing. I think just tweaking an OGG file should be OK with a plain WinRAR re-save though - could someone confirm that please?]

Andre

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am consolidating threads. Maintaining several threads was getting to be too much. Please move to the new thread here with any new questions or comments: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=34417369

Market Link: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.jwsoft.nfcactionlauncher
    Application Site: http://www.jwksoftware.com/
    Screenshots: http://www.jwksoftware.com/screenshots

Where to get Tags?
    http://www.jwksoftware.com/nfc-tags

Features:
    NFC Task Launcher uses the NFC Hardware and RFID/NFC Tags to allow you to create tags several types of tags, including a custom "Task" tag that will automatically execute tasks when read. See Site for full feature list.

If you do use and enjoy the app it is up in the Market as a paid app. Any purchases / ratings are appreciated as I have put quite a few hours into this expanding it to fill requests for functionality.

Change log:
    6/12 Version 3.6
    - GPS (Root needed)
    - Mobile Data (Root needed)
    - Display Timeout
    - Fixed Airplane mode bugs
    - Precision timer
    - New languages
    - Cloud backup and restore

5/9 Version 3.4
    - UI updates
    - Added German, Spanish and Korean
    - Removed Italian as it is out of date
    - All tags now save to "Your Tags". Recent shows the 5 most recently used
    - Changed Tag limiting to uniquely track switch tags

4/19 Version 3.3
    - Added Google Places support in Latitude
    - Added Navigate to address support
    - Added Auto-rotation
    - Added write lock option when writing
    - Added size to vCards
    - Added setting to pause after launching an app (for launching multiple apps or launching and then interacting)
    - Added notification when tags save when hitting finish
    - Updated Tasker integration (should fix issues with HTC One X)
    - Enhanced debugging to make bug reports easier
    - Fixed condition where tasks would stop executing when wifi changed
    - Fixed reported crashes and typo

Full: http://www.jwksoftware.com/change-log

If you'd like to see some functionality added feel free to make a request.

The APK linked below is free of the license check of the Market version and is fully functional for 7 days.
    http://goo.gl/xBBOU

For anyone who decides to purchase the app after using the APK attached to the thread - un-install the free version first otherwise the market installation may fail.

Here's a few videos I made for a current demo:

Tag Demos

Car Dock Demo
    Hi,

I'm new to NFC and I recently bought a few tags to try. I was thinking of letting other users (e.g. friends who come over to my place) to tap on 1 tag to sign onto my WiFi. However, it actually brings them to the Play Store to install the app.

Is it possible for a task/action to be initiated without the NFC Task Launcher app actually being installed?

No - none of this stuff is standard android stuff (there's nothing to accomplish that).

However we made the app free last night so anyone can install it now :good:
    First off just want to make sure it's clear that I'm not speaking for the OP and he very well could tell me I'm wrong. I know he was looking at making LTE on/off an option if it can be done. I still don't understand what you mean by brightness control though? How would you use that with NFC? Maybe I'm just not seeing the idea.

Like jbdan said, I like to turn up the brightness when I'm outside driving (unless its at night, so maybe I could use tasker to only do this at certain times of day, or just set it to auto bright), and have the brightness lower when I'm in my house or office, or extremely low when I tag my nightstand at bedtime. I know this can just be done manually once the screen is on for NFC scanning, but the whole point of this app is automation, so it would be wonderful to add this as another aspect of my phone I could automatically control.
    2.24 up in the market:
    - Fixed bug with double "About" popup
    - Fixed bug loading saved tags
    - Fixed bug introduced where shared key was not set for WPA APs being configured
    - Added code to handle WPA2 APs configuration
    - Profile tags are now stored locally on the tags themselves, will work if app reinstalled or wiped and on other phones
    - Added new "Display" options with Brightness, Auto-Brightness toggle and Notification Light
    - Fixed Facebook checkins FC.
    - Added GPS (if available) to all checkins.
    - Added ability to post Tweet directly from tag
    nfcdog.com (that's nfc-supplies shop), will do it. I placed an order and emailed by reply to the order confirmation asking for them to be formatted as ndef for a gnex. They did and dispatched on the same day :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk