5,603,646 Members 37,358 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] Google Wallet (APK: 1.1-R57v5, Play Store: 1.1-R57v5) [09/03/2012]

Tip us?

case0
Old
Thanks Meter 129
For people in the UK asking how they can top up the card, you could try using this service - http://www.usunlocked.com/how_it_wor...USUnlockedCard

I remember seeing it on Paul O Brien's forum post on how to access the US-only Amazon App Store. You can top it up with your UK card I think, and it gives you a Discover card number to use (which is American), so you could top up the prepaid Google card.

I haven't actually used it though so not sure how good it is. I reckon it would work though!
The Following User Says Thank You to case0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zevrosenthal
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Wallet setup

took a few tries editing the xml file to get it to work but i was able to install from zip without having to reflash a rom and it's working great. Thanks!

Evostance
Old
Thanks Meter 330

DONATE TO ME
If I login to Google Wallet online, it shows me all my Google Checkout purchases and the card assigned to my account. Take it you still need to add it in Wallet?

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
[SIZE="1"]Current Phone: Nexus 5 16GB | ROM: Stock
[SIZE="1"]Current Tablet: Nexus 10 | ROM: Sto

Follow me on Twitter
Circle me on G+

mysterioustko
Old
Thanks Meter 300
So can anyone confirm this working for purchases?

mobilehavoc
Old
Thanks Meter 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evostance View Post
The only way I see that working is if Google release it.

You need to either flash this after doing a wipe or by modifying.

The only was I can see you managing to do this is if you unlock the bootloader (which will wipe your phone anyway), then boot into CWM (not flash) and then install the zip.

Then when you reboot your phone, CWM will be gone and you should get a stock ROM with Wallet installed.

No idea if that would work though
This is my first nexus. How does Google handle updates to oem unlocked devices? If I do all this I'm assuming I won't get updates pushed to me since I'm going to flash CWM recovery?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HTC One - 2.17 Stock (4.2.2) || Nexus 4 - CyanogenMod 10.1 Stable ||

Evostance
Old
Thanks Meter 330

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilehavoc View Post
This is my first nexus. How does Google handle updates to oem unlocked devices? If I do all this I'm assuming I won't get updates pushed to me since I'm going to flash CWM recovery?

If you're on the stock rom but you've rooted it, you will still see the updates. If you apply the updates then you will no doubt loose root.

If you flash a custom rom, the developer usually disables the update function and releases the update in a new version of their rom

Follow me on Twitter
Circle me on G+

NPS_CA
Old
(Last edited by NPS_CA; 29th November 2011 at 05:35 PM.)
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by zevrosenthal View Post
took a few tries editing the xml file to get it to work but i was able to install from zip without having to reflash a rom and it's working great. Thanks!
Any insight on working on an existing ROM, wiped cache and placed the modifed XML file and getting FC's from Wallet (even before wallet is opened)

EDIT: Reinstalling the first post .zip from CW Recovery AFTER placing the edited packages.xml file made Wallet work on reboot!

Clancy3434
Old
Thanks Meter 0
so just to be straight... as long as i'm rooted and okay with wiping my phone, i can install this on stock ICS and not have to flash a custom ROM?

Evostance
Old
Thanks Meter 330

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clancy3434 View Post
so just to be straight... as long as i'm rooted and okay with wiping my phone, i can install this on stock ICS and not have to flash a custom ROM?
I'd highly advise to taking a CWM backup first and then try it if you wish

Follow me on Twitter
Circle me on G+

NPS_CA
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clancy3434 View Post
As evostance suggested do a CW recovery backup

Make sure you edit the packages.xml file and wipe Cache

You MAY have to reflash the zip file for Google Wallet again after editing the packages.xmls if you get Force closes on wallet. (See first post in thread)

Tags
flash, galaxy nexus, google wallet