Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,482 Members 53,706 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] Google Wallet (APK: 1.1-R57v5, Play Store: 1.1-R57v5) [09/03/2012]

Tip us?

AceNJ
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPS_CA View Post
The standard Google APK works on ICL53F / 4.0.2

Just tested this ; NO FC's - No errors on provisioning card, etc.

This was pulled off by another user, I MD5'd it to the version I got from a Sprint Nexus S

MD5: 3729ced6fbee0c8c642fe074e893846f

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GQ6YS0KM

NOTE: I installed this on ICL53F CLEAN install with NO older Wallet ever present. I did NOT wipe or do anything else. So as long as Wallet was NEVER installed on your /system partition or you didn't replaced NFC files this should just work out of the box. If you ever did any of the above get a clean ICL53F installed FIRST (root or no root, doesn't matter) [mine was rooted but a friend got it working no root]
Has anyone tested/confirmed?
The Following User Says Thank You to AceNJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

innov8ion
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:

This was pulled off by another user, I MD5'd it to the version I got from a Sprint Nexus S

NOTE: I installed this on ICL53F CLEAN install with NO older Wallet ever present. I did NOT wipe or do anything else. So as long as Wallet was NEVER installed on your /system partition or you didn't replaced NFC files this should just work out of the box. If you ever did any of the above get a clean ICL53F installed FIRST (root or no root, doesn't matter) [mine was rooted but a friend got it working no root]
Thanks! I just restored to a previous backup before installing this Wallet. Installed this .apk and can confirm that it no longer performs the optimizing applications step upon reboot. I can open the application and have added the Google prepaid card successfully. Gonna go to McDonalds now and test it out.

Wish me luck.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to innov8ion For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ooja3k
Old
(Last edited by ooja3k; 17th December 2011 at 09:22 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
i will try it right now!!

Currently restoring from a clean nandroid.

EDIT: Works perfectly. No FC's at all.

Also noticed its significantly faster/more responsive than the version in the OP
The Following User Says Thank You to ooja3k For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eddiezane
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by innov8ion View Post
Thanks! I just restored to a previous backup before installing Wallet. Installed this .apk and can confirm that it no longer performs the optimizing applications step upon reboot. I can open the application and have added the Google prepaid card successfully. Gonna go to McDonalds now and test it out.

Wish me luck.
I am in the process of doing the exact same, let us know how your tests goes and good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to eddiezane For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

travva
Old
Thanks Meter 1
trying mine now as well. restoring my backup now. it's pretty awesome that this works, especially on non rooted phones even. i'm anxious for someone to post that it does work, i'm not going out for a few more hours.
The Following User Says Thank You to travva For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

innov8ion
Old
(Last edited by innov8ion; 17th December 2011 at 10:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:

This is the one to get, thanks! Just confirmed it works perfectly on my VZW Galaxy Nexus v4.0.2. No optimizing apps step upon reboot and no FC's. Just pure NFC goodness.

Now time to eat this McD's side salad.

AceNJ
Old
(Last edited by AceNJ; 17th December 2011 at 09:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by innov8ion View Post
This is the one to get, thanks! Just confirmed it works perfectly on my VZW Galaxy Nexus v4.0.2. No optimizing apps step upon reboot and no FC's. Just pure NFC goodness.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Are you rooted or running any ROM?

I am OEM unlocked, rooted, and on Android Revolution 2.1.0 so hope it will work for me as well.

Also, can you confirm its the latest 1.1-R4v8? I wonder if it will be update-able in the future from the marketplace

UnknownPleasures
Old
Thanks Meter 6
The apk above is running fine and gave me the prepaid $10 card as normal.

4.0.2 stock VZW Gnex.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

eddiezane
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Apk installed without a hitch and pulled down my pre paid card I put money on. No optimizing on boot, won't be able to test purchase until later though.

Stock unlocked rooted lte
The Following User Says Thank You to eddiezane For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

innov8ion
Old
(Last edited by innov8ion; 17th December 2011 at 09:49 PM.)
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceNJ View Post
Are you rooted or running any ROM?

I am OEM unlocked, rooted, and on Android Revolution 2.1.0 so hope it will work for me as well.

Also, can you confirm its the latest 1.1-R4v8? I wonder if it will be update-able in the future from the marketplace
I'm unlocked, rooted, and running the standard 4.0.2 Android OS on my GNex VZW LTE. Does one need to root to install non-Market apps?

I verified that it is v8 Wallet but we won't be able to update from Market until Google lets us. I can't view the app in Market on my phone and via market.android.com I can view it but it says that my device isn't compatible.

Tags
flash, galaxy nexus, google wallet